Placing

My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Jongin! Come inside right this instance!!” Mom never seemed to learn how to speak to me in a nice calm voice.

 

I rolled my eyes at her request but complied nonetheless. Her being my mother gave her power over my decisions.

 

“Coming!” I stood up from the ground and brushed the dust off my pants. Running towards the door I braced myself for the hit I knew was about to come.

 

“What the heck do you think you’re doing?! You know you’re not allowed to go outside.” She hit me with every word she said.

 

“I just wanted to play in the yard! No one saw me anyway.”

 

“You don’t know that.” She huffed a breath out. “ Now go inside.”

 

I ran in and headed towards my room, got changed out of my dirty clothes, and made my way to the dining room. It was nearing 7 and dinner was usually served around that time.

 

However, while heading down the hall, I stopped in my tracks when I heard my parents’ voices. They were inside my dad’s office and the door was open.

 

“Jongin's gonna be placed in two days, how are we supposed to take him to the airport?” I heard my mom say.

 

“We’ll just have to take him as is,” said my dad.

 

“Do you know how humiliating it’ll be to walk in there with only one kid?”

 

“We can bring Jiwon and Jimin to lessen the awkwardness of it, and I’m sure they'll want to say bye to Jongin so it’ll work out.” 

 

There was an awkward silence. The only sound being my dad’s fingers hitting his keyboard.

 

“Jongin went outside today.”

 

The clacking stopped.

 

“What?” 

 

“I found him playing in the yard. That little brats’ lucky the neighbors weren’t out.”

 

“Did you scold him for it?”

 

“What’s the point? He won't be our problem two days from now anyway.”

 

I was glad to know that my parents loved me more and more every day.

 

I’m not like other people.

 

While everyone ran around with their friends, with their twins, I stayed inside. Hidden. I couldn’t let people know about me if I did my parents would kill me. They already went through enough embarrassment because of me.

 

The reason behind my parents’ hatred for my existence, was because I, unlike everyone else on this planet, don’t have a twin, or at least not anymore. I was turned into a “Special Case” at a young age. 

 

When I was 4, whatever his name was and I went out to play around the neighborhood. We were playing tag, but while it was my turn to run the noise quieted down, and then it was only me laughing in the empty street. I looked around for him and called his name, but he never answered.

 

Dad and I looked around the neighborhood but came back empty-handed. Mom was pregnant at the time so she stayed home and called the police. They also failed in finding any trace of him.

 

Mom cried for days. She had always liked him better since he was the Good twin. Good people are always treated better, they get more benefits and are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter