05 studio, lies, friends

The Infiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come in," Suga said, "I just want to hear your voice, don't focus too much on anything. Just relax and sing."

Eunbi had spent around an hour after school practicing a song that Suga had written. In the middle of her practice, Suga had stepped into the practice room and had called her to come up to his studio, or Genius Lab, as it was labeled. He instructed her to record it. Stood in the corner of the small room, facing a microphone. Suga handed her a pair of headphones, which she put on immediately. Feeling nervous, Eunbi bit her bottom lip. She could not focus on her task at the given moment. 

"Okay, you ready?" Suga asked.

Eunbi nodded and cleared . Suga pressed a button on one of the many machines in front of him and the instrumental started to flow into Eunbi's ear. She took a deep breath and sang the first two verses before he cut her off. 

"Are you not warmed up yet? You sound a little strained."

"No. Sorry, I'm just a little nervous."

"Eunbi," he called with such a gentle voice that Eunbi looked up at him in surprise. "It's just a practice recording between the two of us. Relax."

He softly touched her back, which caused her to shudder. However, strangely, she felt less nervous. She nodded at Suga whose eyes had never left hers and he pressed the button once more. Eunbi closed her eyes and listened to the music flow through. She let her voice flow along with the rhythm. When she reached the end of the song, she opened her eyes and saw Suga staring at her. Her voice... When their eyes met, he quickly looked away. 

"Was that okay?" Eunbi squeaked out. 

"Yes. It was great," he breathed. 

"Umm... err... if that's it, I'll leave now... thanks," she told and awkwardly left the Genius Lab. 

Suga let her go without another word. As soon as the door closed behind Eunbi and Suga was alone again, he repeatedly muttered to himself. I did not just fall for her. 

----------

When Eunbi exited the Genius Lab and scurried back to the practice room, she ran into RM. 

"Eunbi, where are you coming from?"

"Umm... Suga's Genius Lab."

"What?? You were with Yoongi hyung?" Namjoon half-shouted.

"Yup, he invited me to try to record a song he gave me last time."

"Oh, that's very interesting... What did he say?"

"Well, he told me it was just a practice recording and that I could relax."

"Oh... Anything else?" Namjoon further questioned.

"He said 'it was great'," Eunbi answered.

"Wait really?"

"Umm, yeah. I think he meant the song sounded great. Why?"

"Eunbi, let me tell you something. Nothing is ever 'great' to Yoongi hyung. He never says that to us. He never compliments anyone. And interestingly, he never lets anyone besides himself record in his own studio. We always go to the main recording studio... That's so weird..."

"Hmm... well, I think he just really wanted to hear how his song sounded. He asked me if he could hear me sing. I said yes. That's it."

"Never mind Eunbi," Namjoon concluded, "Good luck practicing. I'll ask hyung myself."

"Okay, bye Namjoon oppa!" Eunbi waved as Namjoon left the room.

Glancing around the practice room, Eunbi organized a few things, gathered her belongings, and prepared to head home. 

----------

As s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter