12 pre-prom

The Infiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week before prom, Eunbi and Saera decided to go find dresses together. Since it was a fancy night, they needed to find something appropriate to wear. Eunbi's parents had asked who she was going to prom with, and she truthfully told them that it was a friend named Taehyung and that he was nice and polite. It was one of the first truths Eunbi had told her parents that was related to BTS. Although she did not mention anything about his idol identity, she still felt relieved that she did not lie this time. 

The Saturday before prom, Eunbi and Saera went to the mall together. After hours of walking around and trying on dresses, they each found one that they liked. Eunbi decided to go with an elegant lace black dress. Saera opted for a light periwinkle blue flowy dress. 

----------

On the day of prom, Eunbi woke up early even without an alarm. She happily skipped to breakfast, surprising her parents. 

"Eunbi, I've never seen you up so early on a Saturday," her dad remarked.

"I'm just excited for tonight, dad."

"Oh, I'll need to check who this Taehyung guy is before I let you go to your school dance," her dad said. Eunbi couldn't tell whether he was joking or serious.

Before Eunbi could defend her friend, her mom spoke up. "I'm sure he's fine. Eunbi knows what she's doing," Mrs. Son said.

"Exactly! Thanks, mom," she smiled. Eunbi missed these light-hearted conversations with her parents. Ever since she decided to keep BTS a secret from her parents, lies have become more frequent, and she was closed off. 

----------

The group of teenagers decided to split up when getting ready for prom. Saera came over to Eunbi's house while the guys went over to Saera's place. Although they had their dorm to get ready, Saera insisted on helping them do their hair and slight makeup before the event. 

Saera arrived at Eunbi's house at around 2:00 pm. She greeted Mr. and Mrs. Son before letting Eunbi drag her and her dress up to Eunbi's room. The two girls chattered about as they put on makeup and curled their hair in preparation for the night. 

----------

The moment the two girls walked out of the house, BTS was already standing outside. It looked like they had come in two cars, which Eunbi recognized as Jimin's and Jin's. Eunbi stepped out in her heels, grabbing her dress to prevent herself from tripping. Even so, Eunbi clumsily wobbled. Immediately, she felt someone's hand stable her. Looking up, she saw Taehyung and thanked him with a smile. She looked past him and smiled at the rest of the guys, who were in shock after seeing Eunbi and Saera walk out of the house looking like angels. However, Jin was quick to stop people from gawking at his sister and his sister's friend.

"Stop, you immature brats," he ordered while trying to block the eyes of the BTS members. "Umm, my sister, guys?"

"Oh no, what is Jin hyung going to do when we're at the actual prom event? There will be so many people staring at Eunbi and Saera noona," Jungkook worried. 

"Oh my... why did I agree to let Saera come? I'm regretting my decision. I've failed as a brother," Jin said, earning a laugh from the others. 

"Jin oppa, you're so embarrassing. Stop overreacting. Eunbi and I got dressed up for a reason today. Let people look," Saera complained. 

"And I would like to argue that you guys look pretty nice today," Eunbi confessed. "I'm sure you guys will attract much more attention than me."

"Aww! Eunbi just told us we're hot," Namjoon said with a smile.

"Now we know she's secretly an ARMY," Hoseok joked, referring to the name of their fan club.

Just then, the door to Eunbi's house opened again, and Eunbi's parents stepped out. BTS member's eyes widened and they immediately bowed and greeted Mr. and Mrs. Son. Eunbi's eyes also widened and realized that she didn't mention there would be six other guys besides her date that would be going to prom together. Oops. What was worse was that she hadn't told BTS to shut up about their status as idols. Just as she was about to panic, someone whispered into her ear. 

"Don't worry, we know. We're not BTS today. We're Eunbi's friends from school." Eunbi whipped around to see Suga. She contained her surprise and managed to nod in thanks. Whew. I'm safe. I think. Yes, I trust Suga oppa. He must've educated the rest of the guys.

"So which one of you is Taehyung?" Mr. Son said.

"Dad!" Eunbi cried, embarrassed. However, Taehyung boldly stepped up. 

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Son, my name is Kim Taehyung and I am your daughter's school friend who will be taking her to prom," he said confidently, which took Eunbi by surprise. 

Apparently, it took her dad by surprise too, because whatever he was planning on 'checking', he didn't check. After a few more minutes of awkward talking with her parents, Eunbi insisted that they leave. The friends split up into the two cars and were soon driving off to the photo venue. 

Car1: Jin, Jungkook, Saera, Suga, and Hoseok.

Car2: Jimin, Namjoon, Taehyung, and Eunbi.

"Where are your dates?" Eunbi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter