13 prom dance

The Infiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You never told us that."

Eunbi realized what Jungkook had said was true. 

"You guys never asked," she whispered. But it was loud enough for everyone to hear. 

----------

When Namjoon announced it was getting late, the group of teenagers dropped the unfinished conversation. The tension continued to exist even when they arrived at the location of the dance. It was on a cruise boat on the Han River. The view was spectacular and the night air was cool and refreshing. The city lights flashed and created a romantic ambiance for the high schoolers. 

However, Eunbi did not feel at peace. Taehyung continued to stand by her side, but he did not ask her any questions regarding her past. She was sure he was mad at her for not telling him, but she did not know how to initiate the conversation with him. As they were waiting in line to be admitted onto the cruise boat, Eunbi remained silent. She felt Taehyung's presence close to her.

Finally, Eunbi broke the silence. "Tae," she called softly. "I'm sorry."

"What for?" his deep voice replied. He was standing behind Eunbi, and she turned to meet his eyes. 

"I should've told you. I know much more about you than you know about me. I guess it's unfair."

"I don't care about your past. I just care about and want to get to know the current Eunbi now."

Eunbi didn't know what to say. "Does that mean you're not mad?"

Taehyung looked down at her. "Why would I be mad at you?"

Eunbi broke into a smile. "Thanks," she whispered to him. However, she felt the others still eyeing her. If Taehyung isn't mad at me, then I'm sure everyone else will be okay too. I hope. 

When they entered the cruise boat, Eunbi saw strings of lights, cozy chairs, grand tables, and soft music playing in the background. When Saera tugged her side, Eunbi excused herself from Taehyung and followed Saera into the bathroom. 

"How come everyone's acting that way?" Eunbi questioned. 

"I don't know..." Saera admitted. "But it is true that you never told them. I don't think I mentioned it before either."

"Tae said that it didn't matter to him."

"Well, that's Tae's opinion. I think there's more to it. I'm not really sure why the others are acting stiff after finding out that you're from the States."

"I know, right? Why does it concern them?" Eunbi complained. 

Just then, another girl entered the bathroom. Rose. She smiled at Eunbi and Saera before turning on the faucet to wash her hands. 

"If it's not too personal, can I ask you something?" Saera inquired.

Rose looked up and nodded at her. 

"How do you know Yoongi oppa?" Saera put it bluntly. 

"He gave me a school tour when I first moved. We're also in the same English class."

Saera gave a short reply and said goodbye. She then dragged Eunbi out of the bathroom and onto the main dance floor again. Eunbi immediately made eye contact with Taehyung. He swiftly walked towards her and took her hand. Eunbi looked to her side, only to see Saera being dragged away with Jungkook. Laughing, the two girls parted ways. 

Eunbi focused her attention on Taehyung again. She smiled and tugged his hand. He lifted an eyebrow and tilted his head towards the dance floor, asking if she wanted to dance with him. Eunbi silently shook her head and instead, she pulled him towards the food. Taehyung laughed and followed her, knowing that her appetite must be filled before they had fun for the night. 

"Tae, tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter