Worth The Fight

Office Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I don’t even know how, but it’s already Friday. The week was so busy, it went by in a blink of an eye. Already people are filtering out, excited for their weekend plans. Whereas for me, it would be some time alone, with my paint.

 

“Miss Jung, are you leaving?”

 

Miss Moon looks down at me as she stands by my desk. Although I can feel other gazes on us, I can only look at Miss Moon. I know I’m smiling brightly but I can’t stop myself. It’s my first reaction when I see Miss Moon.

 

“Do you have plans? I feel like it’s too early for me to head home and I wanted some company for drinks.”

 

She winks at me as she does a quick shot signal. I feel like a goldfish, my eyes permanently blank. My mouth simply opening and closing as I tried to think of my response. Hani’s gaze is burning on the side of my head but I just stand up. Miss Moon’s attention makes my concern about everyone’s opinion disappear.

 

“Of course.” I happily say, quickly gathering my things.

 

The way Miss Moon grins at me makes my heart hurt. That’s how excited it makes me feel. However, just as we are about to go to the lift, a voice calls out.

 

“Miss Moon.”

 

We both turn and see Miss Kim standing there. With her crossed arms, Miss Kim keeps all her cards close to her chest. Her posture only reveals her authority.

 

“Would you mind seeing me in my office? I have a few things to discuss.”

 

There’s an air of confusion that suddenly hazes over Miss Moon. Her smile is gone, replaced by quite a serious expression. For some reason, I feel awkward standing next to Miss Moon, as Miss Kim looks between us.

 

“Miss Jung.”

 

I’m surprised when I see Miss Moon look at me. Although she’s not smiling, her eyes are soft. She places her hand on my shoulder and I’m instantly reassured.

 

“You go on ahead. I’ll meet you at the place.”

 

I know exactly what Miss Moon means by ‘place’. It makes my heart swell with a sense of pride and slight superiority. We have a place that only Miss Moon and I alone know. A secret we share. it makes me feel special. I glance at Miss Kim and from her frown, she doesn't like that there's something between us. I try to keep my giddiness to myself. She isn’t the only one that has cards of their own.

 

 

In Yongsun’s large office, we’re alone. However, instead of either of us lying across her desk, we both sit across from each other on opposite chairs. It’s unbelievably professional. However, it’s hard to take each other seriously when we have both seen the other . I’m sure the memories of what we’ve done in here is floating across both our minds.

 

“I think it’s time to rotate Miss Wheein to a different department.” Yongsun says.

 

This takes me off-guard. I try to maintain my expression, but I felt my eyes widen with shock. Yongsun doesn’t react. Her stoic expression doesn’t give anything away. When did she become so hard to read?

 

“What makes you say that?” I asked. “She still has two months of her probation left.”

 

“Exactly. The perfect time for her to explore different sectors and see which one suits her best. Your team is already at full capacity so another member is needless.”

 

“But with Whee- Miss Jung’s help, we’ve been able to increase our wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter