Summer Storm

It Started Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now you and I
Will we still be able to go back?
I still long for even that last moment
I’m still like that
Into the falling rain

 

Taeyeon is having a light conversation with Seolhyun and the others when her phone starts ringing nonstop. She widen her eyes because Jessica is calling her again.

“Hello?” Taeyeon picked the call and excuse herself to find a quiet place since the club is jam packed tonight.

“Sica?”

“Taengoo…” her voice is so low

“Sica, are you okay?”

“Taengoo, I’m at Burros. I’m outside”

“What?”

“I’m afraid” Taeyeon can hears Jessica is crying right now “Taengoo, come here”

Taeyeon fasten her pace while crossing the road. She could see the white Range Rover parked at the sideways.

“Sica, wait! Where are you? I will come to you, wait for me there”

After running for a while, Taeyeon can find Jessica at the bench near her car

“You can end the call now, Sica”

“I don’t want to. I don’t want to be alone here, Taeyeon”

“Look to your left”

“Taengoo” Jessica turned her head and stood. Taeyeon is jogging towards her and engulf her into a tight hug immediately.

“I got you, Sica” Taeyeon whispered. They stayed for a while before Taeyeon pulled from the hug.

“Why are you here, Sica?”

“I just want to see you”

“Do you want to join the rest?” Taeyeon asked which received an immediate no from Jessica “I will inform the rest of my leave then”

Taeyeon was about to walk away when Jessica holds her hand tightly. Taeyeon stopped in the middle and smiled, she walks closer to Jessica and cupped her face.

“I won’t be long, please wait for me in the car”

*******

Taeyeon often glanced at the passenger seat when Jessica still remain silent and beaming her eyes outside. But what Taeyeon didn’t miss is Jessica’s continuous fidget of her fingers.

She knows that the younger girl wanted to ask something but something is holding her back.

Taeyeon parked Jessica’s car at the exact place, since the apartment has the special parking area for the resident. They keep silent for about 15 minutes until Taeyeon speaks. Taeyeon parked the car at the parking space designated for the resident. It was all silence until about 15 minutes later when Taeyeon speaks up.

“I will call Hyoyeon to pick me up” said Taeyeon whilst taking her bag from backseat. What Jessica never expected is for Taeyeon to alight down from the car and walked towards the passenger door towards Jessica. She also took Jessica’s bag which placed in front of her leg and offers her hand for Jessica's to hold.

“Let’s go home” said Taeyeon before pulling Jessica from her seat.

Jessica remains silent even when they are walking to the elevator. When the door closed, Jessica and Taeyeon can see their reflection, holding each other hand. Taeyeon is looking straightly while Jessica hung her head down.

Taeyeon waited patiently for Jessica to punch the code for her apartment and let them inside.

“Do you want me to stay?” Taeyeon finally asked when Jessica put her bag at the coffee table.

“Do you have another occasion back then?” Jessica asked back, refers to Taeyeon’s outing.

“I had and now I’m with you”

“If you want to go back, just go back and thanks for driving me home” Jessica still give Taeyeon her back. She bites her lips and hoping Taeyeon won’t leave her alone tonight.

“Even I ask about what you want from me, you won’t answer it” Taeyeon pocketed her hands to her jeans “Sica, I promised to you that I will be the new Taeyeon. Just, please let me try”

“You don’t need to try if you still want to be with that young girl”

“Are you jealous?” Taeyeon knitted her eyebrows in confusion.

“No, what I am to you?” Jessica finally turned her body to Taeyeon “Do I have a right to be jealous?”

“Then why did you call me earlier?”

“Because…” Jessica stopped her tracks when Taeyeon strides closer to her and pecks her forehead.

“I won’t rush you” Taeyeon stepped back “I just want you to know that I won’t make you regret the chance that you gave me. Not again.”

“Tae…”

“Have a goodnight, Sica” said Taeyeon while walking away and closing the door behind her.

******

“You are so weird” Tiffany clicked her tongue when Jessica and she have a lunch together “You should see her annoyed face when arrived at the dorm and went to her room straightly”

“I admit that I wasn’t on my right mind two days ago” Jessica huffed while stirring her carbonara.

“You took her for granted. What if she didn’t show up at the Burros when you called her?”

“I...”

“Hyoyeon told me that she was freaking out when she knew you were waiting for her alone” Tiffany sips her wine “You know she gets panic easily because of something like that, right?”

“I know right…”

"Don't play with her weak point always, Jess."

“I’m not” Jessica taps her glass absent mindlessly “Somehow I can’t control it”

“You can, but you won’t” Tiffany rolled her eyes “It’s been three months since you are being single. Just choose, stay with her or find another partner”

“Tiff…”

“Hmm?”

“Do you think Taeyeon will be waiting for me?”

“For you to settle your heart?” Tiffany knitted her eyebrows “Do you even need her assurance?”

“Yes” Jessica nodded “I need it for her”

“Jessi…” Tiffany sighed “You know her for about 15 years”

“But we separated for a long time, Tiff”

“Trust me, she never changes”

“I trust you but…” Jessica sighed again “You know, I have my own anxiety”

“Okay” Tiffany sighed in defeat “You know her and I know you. I believe that you guys can fix the trust problem by yourself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter