new neighbours: seokmin x jisoo (joshua)

Seventeen Drabbles

new neighbours: seokmin x jisoo (joshua)

notes: as requested on twitter.

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。゜。°。°。°。。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°

Seokmin hums cheerfully as he busies himself in his little kitchen, checking the steaming pot on the stove every now and then. As the World's Best Neighbour and A Literal Sunshine, of course he had to invite his new neighbour Jisoo for a small welcoming lunch. Jisoo's from America, so Seokmin goes all out and throws himself into his best cooking - black bean noodles; learned from his grandmother with a little secret ingredient.

Love.

When the Jisoo rings the doorbell at 1 o'clock on the dot, Seokmin invites him in with the biggest smile he can muster. Jisoo's brought some chocolate for Seokmin, and he accepts it with a smile; graciously thanking the elder endlessly.

They fall into an easy conversation about life in Seoul - apparently Jisoo moved all the way from America to teach young children. Jisoo's still not the best at Korean, so Seokmin tries his best to follow the American's accented Korean. 

Seokmin almost forgets about lunch, being too caught up in Jisoo's anecdotes from America. He leads the elder to the kitchen, letting him sit down at the neatly set dining table. 

"Do you like black bean noodles?"

"My grandmother makes it only on special occasions." Jisoo smiles, tucking his hands politely onto his lap. "I can't really take spicy food, though."

Seokmin serves a steaming bowl of noodles for Jisoo with a flourish. "Bon apetit!" He waltzes back to the fridge, almost forgetting the beverages. "I'll be with you in a while."

Jisoo quietly thanks his host for the food, then he glances at the utensils arranged on the table. 

Not even a fork. Just chopsticks. 

Jisoo's palms turn sweaty. 

"Hyung, aren't you eating? It's not spicy, don't worry." Seokmin slides into the seat next to his new American neighbour, setting down a pitcher of lime water on the dining table.

"I don't know how to use chopsticks." Jisoo admits, staring at the noodles in front of him.

"Oh." Seokmin's lips form a perfect circle at the realisation. "I don't have forks or spoons though, unless you want to eat with a soup ladle?"

Jisoo laughs delicately, covering his mouth with his hand. "Ah, don't worry about it. I guess I could learn how to use them now?"

"I can help you!" Seokmin brightens up, and scoots over closer to the elder. He spends the next forty minutes trying to teach Jisoo how to use chopsticks properly, but after so many attempts, the noodles keep slipping away before Jisoo can even take a bite.

"Ah, the noodles are getting cold. I'm sorry." Jisoo apologises, at a loss. Who knew that holding chopsticks could be so difficult?

Their noodles are barely touched, since Seokmin's too focused on helping Jisoo to eat his own serving. Picking up chopsticks is easy, but trying to describe it to someone who has never touched them before is hard - maybe he's not a good teacher.

Lunch has never been longer, and soon it'll be dinnertime. Seokmin thinks, desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Hyung, open up." Seokmin picks up some noodles easily and s it in Jisoo's direction. "I'm just going to feed you."

Jisoo blushes, but he graciously accepts the mouthful. Seokmin's gentle, waiting for Jisoo to finish chewing (which takes about two minutes) before feeding him more.

"It's delicious, Seokmin." Jisoo pronounces shyly, dabbing the corners of his mouth with a napkin.

Seokmin blushes profusely at the compliment. "It's my grandma's recipe."

"That's amazing." Jisoo smiles gently, as his eyes flit to the bowl of black bean noodles in front of Seokmin. "Can I have some more?"

Seokmin almost zones out, listening to Jisoo's velvety voice; but he easily picks up another mouthful of noodles for Jisoo, who's already anticipating the next bite.

Bonding has never been more awkwardly intimate between two newly acquainted neighbours. 

  °。°。°。°。°。°。°。゜。°。°。°。。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°