fluff and puff fashion: jihoon & seungcheol

Seventeen Drabbles

inspired by these outfits

 

 


There's a reason why Jihoon doesn't practice his clarinet outside the music room at school.

It comes in the form of senior jock, Choi Seungcheol.

Said person is now staring at him like he's a zoo attraction. Jihoon wants to hiss at him, just to make him leave. But he's so caught off-guard by the senior's appearance that he's frozen mid-practice; clarinet reed still between his lips, and his fingers pressing down on one sustained note.

Of all places at school, he'd thought that he'd find solace in the deserted stairwell of the science block that faces the dense woods surrounding the back of the school compound. And of all places at school, why would senior jock Choi Seungcheol appear here, as if he's a mouse hypnotised by Jihoon's Pied-Piper-like clarinet playing? Especially at a time like this, hours after the final school bell, when everyone else would've left the hellish corridors of thr school to even more hellish walls of after-school cram classes?

"Woah." Seungcheol says, his mouth forming into that acclaimed grin that dazzles students and teachers alike. (Jihoon inadvertently finds himself under its spell, enchanted by the jock's adorable gummy smile. Curses!) "Woah."

Double woah. Question: why??

Cat's got his tongue, though. Trained by unspoken rules of high school social hierarchy, he can't even squeak, because a) Seungcheol is a senior, and b) a decorated school athlete; so he would never, ever give Jihoon a second glance with his glorious social standing.

Not that it matters, because Jihoon's muscles completely malfunctions at the same time; unable to move at all despite his brain screaming for him to move! As if he's doomed to be stuck in this single pose, forever playing B flat on his clarinet.

"I heard someone playing. I guess it's you?" Seungcheol says, scratching the back of his neck - that single stupid gesture making him look boyishly innocent.

Jihoon takes in the spectacular view of the older boy standing before him. He'll admit, Seungcheol is handsome, but his fashion sense is trash and doesn't do justice to his genetically gifted good looks. From the fluffy grey beanie to the puffy white jacket he's wearing; he's practically a walking fashion NO. At least in Jihoon's book, because it's hiding all of Seungcheol's best assets.

(Guess beautiful people can't be perfect.)

(Also, it sounds like a trendy gimmick. Choi Seungcheol's Fluff and Puff Fashion for fall/winter 2022).

"You look like an egghead." Jihoon's mouth runs unfiltered, before he could stop himself.

The smile on Seungcheol's face dissolves away as Jihoon sets his clarinet aside, and continues his unprecedented verbal assault.

"And that jacket makes you look like a bubble-man." 

(Bubble-man, bubble-man. Does whatever a bubble-man can. Can he swing from a web? No, he can't. He's Bubble-man.)

(Stop. Talking. Lee. Jihoon.)

Without a word, Seungcheol removes his beanie and his jacket. Devoid of the hat, his dark hair is a greasy mess, sticking out in all directions. He's wearing a green hoodie under the puffy coat he'd removed, which on its own looks a bit meh. Maybe the jacket hadn't been a mistake after all.

"Better?" Seungcheol asks.

At least his jeans are a great fit. Jihoon doesn't want to ponder about what Seungcheol might've done if he'd insulted the full monty. He ignores the shiver that runs down his spine, braving himself to look directly at Seungcheol's dark brown eyes. 

"...sure."