Congratulations, it's an alien. (soonyoung x wonwoo)

Seventeen Drabbles

author notes: this happened to my sims and i have absolutely no idea what to do. also, happy soonwoo day!

tw: m!preg 


Soonyoung rolls over in his bed groggily, irritated by the incessant buzz of his cell phone. Who the would call him at this ungodly hour of 2am? He squints at the bright display of the screen, barely making out the caller ID, which is aptly named as 💕 The Love Of My Life 💕; and he immediately sits up.

His boyfriend Wonwoo is calling.

"Hey, I'm waiting downstairs." Wonwoo says the second Soonyoung picks up the call. "I need you to come with me."

Soonyoung doesn't question further, and drags on a dirty T-shirt and his ratty Chuck Taylors, stumbling downstairs to meet his boyfriend, who's waiting in an Uber. The driver speeds off once Soonyoung shuts the door - the roads are practically empty in the dead of the night.

Wonwoo looks tired, and his belly - which has been growing massively for the past few days - is barely hidden underneath his shirt; his skin turning a sickly fluorescent green. Soonyoung had been scared to ask about it, waiting for Wonwoo himself to tell him, but they'd both been busy with their jobs to sit down and have a proper Talk.

"Are you okay, babe?" Soonyoung breaks out in a cold sweat - Wonwoo looks like he's in a lot of pain; his face twisting into a grimace.

"It hurts a lot, Soon."

Soonyoung reaches over to hold Wonwoo's hand, hoping to distract him from the pain. "What's going on?"

Wonwoo grips Soonyoung hand tighter than he'd intended, grateful for his boyfriend's presence, which calms him down; even though Soonyoung is the opposite of calm at that moment. "Remember I told you that I was abducted by aliens last week?"

Soonyoung does remember, but he'd taken it with a grain of salt. Wonwoo works as a scientist at FutureSim Labs, where he conducts the most bizarre experiments - mixing serums and creating inventions that sound like they come from a sci-fi novel. Recently, Wonwoo had made a satellite dish that enabled alien contact. It had worked, since he'd been abducted on a couple of occasions, but since the last one, Wonwoo came back with an altered physique; rather than the slim, lanky cat-loving man Soonyoung knows and loves, Wonwoo had dramatically gained weight - it's almost as if he's pregnant. And now, with the way he's clutching his belly; his pain etched clearly on his face - is he in labour...?

"We're going to the hospital right now. I don't know what's growing inside me, but it wants to come out.” Wonwoo groans.

Soonyoung's mind goes blank, trying to set the facts straight. As Walrus Books's bestselling author, Soonyoung routinely creates worlds within words, his imagination greater than anyone he knows. But this is real life, not a fictional one he'd made up in his mind. Wonwoo couldn't possibly be pregnant; that's inherently impossible for the male anatomy (Soonyoung should know, he'd explored Wonwoo's body a couple of times already). Maybe his eyes are deceiving him at this time of the night; maybe he's still in bed having a nightmare.

Naturally goofy Soonyoung would try to crack a joke to lighten the mood, but Wonwoo's condition scares him. His boyfriend had turned as white as a sheet, and they arrive at the emergency section of Cut ‘N Gut Hospital. Soonyoung helps Wonwoo out of the car, slinging a protective arm around his boyfriend's shoulders. Wonwoo’s skin feels cold to the touch, and the eerie glow from his tummy leaves Soonyoung on edge as they enter the ER.

Miraculously, there are no other patients at this hour - just a bored receptionist behind the counter, who perks up when she sees the couple enter through the automatic doors. Soonyoung's not sure what to tell the nurse about Wonwoo's ailment; but an elderly nurse - Orderly Hasegawa, as his name tag indicates - leads Wonwoo into the triage room, like he'd seen pregnant men before.

"You're lucky. Dr Ming is on call tonight." Orderly Hasegawa says, as he props Wonwoo onto a gurney. Soonyoung can only watch dumbly; he doesn't know who Dr Ming is, and he doesn’t know what’s going to happen to Wonwoo. A couple of nurses bustle by to help Orderly Hasegawa, and the receptionist pages for Dr Ming on the intercom. Suddenly the ER is a flurry of activity, and there’s only one patient - Wonwoo, who’s about to burst a vein from the pain of labour.

It all happens quickly - the nurses practically manhandle Soonyoung's pregnant boyfriend, preparing him for the removal (?) of the alien parasite that's been growing in him. A hulking man, wearing a sweeping white coat that’s about two sizes too small for him, enters the room and introduces himself as Dr Ming. The specialist had been briefed by an enthusiastic junior doctor armed with a clipboard, prepared to take on an exciting new case like this. Apparently Dr Ming had handled a couple of similar cases; and as much as Soonyoung would’ve liked to probe further, he can’t find the words to ask the doctor politely, and the fact that his boyfriend is in so much pain right now - Soonyoung wants it all to stop.

“And you are..?”

“I’m Kwon Soonyoung.” Soonyoung manages to stammer, his gaze never leaving Wonwoo.

Dr Ming smiles good-naturedly in recognition of the renowned author - he’s got some of Soonyoung’s books on his shelf at home. Now’s not the time to exchange pleasantries; maybe he’ll ask for an autograph later.

“He’s my partner.” Wonwoo explains, despite his agony.

“I see. I’ll be conducting an emergency caesarian section. Would you like to accompany your partner throughout the procedure? We’ll get you scrubbed up.” Dr Ming asks. He’s certain that Wonwoo is carrying an alien baby from the symptoms that he exhibits; and this is certainly an interesting case study that no one in the medical field would want to miss. Dr Ming smiles with glee as he tells everything to Soonyoung in a friendly manner.

Alas, Soonyoung is just an author with many qualms about blood and surgery, and he’s already feeling nauseous at the thought of it. The staff are already wheeling Wonwoo away, having changed him into hospital scrubs in a blink of an eye. Stay here and witness some doctor cut open his boyfriend to birth some...mind that doesn’t have anything to do with him? Sure, Wonwoo’s his long-term boyfriend, and they’d had a couple of times, but the idea of a male pregnancy is so alien to him; probably because whatever is growing in Wonwoo’s tummy is alien.

“I’ll just... wait here.” Soonyoung whispers, holding his head in his hands - he’s got a sudden headache. He slumps onto one of the hard plastic chairs in the waiting area. Whatever had happened over the last few days is a blur in his mind. Wonwoo had subtly hinted about a few things; telling him about the alien abduction, and the general discomfort he’d been feeling the past few days as his belly grew bigger at an alarming rate. Soonyoung should’ve seen those red flags, but he turned a blind eye to them, going along with life as if it were normal.

But after tonight, it wouldn’t be normal anymore.

*

“Congratulations, Mr Jeon, it’s a male!”

Wonwoo smiles weakly, lying back in the comfort of the hospital bed. The surgery had gone well, and it had been quick and painless - he’d given birth to Jaxone Jeon within the hour. Wonwoo didn’t want to name the child so quickly, but Dr Ming needed one immediately for a special birth certificate that indicates Wonwoo’s son is of alien descent. It had already been issued, tucked in a folder sitting on the bedside table.

Orderly Hasegawa wheels in a bayonet, placing it next to Wonwoo’s bed. Jaxone, the little one, is sleeping peacefully; the skin peeping out from underneath his blankets an abnormal purple hue. Apart from that, his anatomy seems almost human - ten fingers and ten toes, two hands and two feet. A small face with two large eyes, a nose and a mouth. He looks nothing like Wonwoo, more likely like the alien progenitor who’d impregnated his human father. Wonwoo doesn’t even remember how the alien looked like; the only person running around in his mind right now is his boyfriend, Kwon Soonyoung.

Wonwoo wants Soonyoung right now. He needs Soonyoung by his side, smiling brightly, telling him that everything is going to be okay. He remembers dragging his boyfriend to the hospital in the middle of the night - Soonyoung had been the first person in his mind when he left his house late last night. He didn’t even think of waking up his roommate Junhui for help, his hands automatically dialling Soonyoung’s number as he waited for his ride to the hospital.

Where is Soonyoung? Wonwoo wonders. Is he repulsed at the idea of him giving birth to an alien baby?

Oh god oh god oh god. The realisation sinks in then: he’d just given birth to an alien.

What would Soonyoung think, especially with lack of explanation from Wonwoo’s side? He’d be confused (as he tended to be most times at everything pertaining science and technology), and it would be a miracle if Soonyoung had been waiting for him outside. Part of him knows that Soonyoung left when he had surgery, and he hopes that he’ll be able to see his boyfriend soon to clear things out.

“You can go home after you rest.” Orderly Hasegawa smiles, leaving Wonwoo alone in the room. He still feels woozy under the anaesthesia they’d given him for the surgery earlier, and all he wants to do is sleep. He felt like he’d been hallucinating, seeing the thing - his son - that had been gestating inside him for the past few days; its loud wailing a tad disturbing as the surgeons extricated it out of his body. Dr Ming had quickly cleaned the infant, trying to placate it as the nurses wrapped it up in warm blankets; before they sent it to the nursery as the surgeons stitched Wonwoo up.

Up until now, Wonwoo himself hadn’t touched the baby yet. He falls into a deep slumber decorated with dreams of his boyfriend, his beloved cat and his alien son.

*

Wonwoo blinks his eyes open, his sleep disrupted by the alien wails of his son.

“Hey Jeon, your baby is crying, make it stop.” His roommate Moon Junhui says. Junhui looks concerned, though there’s a teasing bite to his tone. “I didn’t know you were pregnant this whole time… I thought you’d gotten fat.”

“.” Wonwoo snorts. He sits up and reaches out for the crying baby in the bassinet, carefully cradling baby Jaxone in his arms. Junhui may be an Internet personality who draws a million of followers with his sense of humour (though he claims that it’s because of his good looks) but Wonwoo isn’t in a jokey mood.

“Dr Ming left this info pack for you. And he told me to tell you to feed your son when you wake up.” Junhui says, placing a glossy packet on the bedside table. “I should’ve brought my earmuffs along, your baby’s super loud.”

“feed?” Wonwoo glances down at his flat chest. And Junhui’s right - Jaxone’s got a pair of strong lungs, his supersonic wail unbearably deafening. He needs to quieten the baby down as quick as possible, but the idea of feeding…?

“Do you have any baby supplies?” Wonwoo asks the impossible to Junhui, who probably hasn’t been near a baby since he was a baby himself.

Junhui keeps a straight face, before he lets out a laugh. “You don’t actually have to feed the kid.” He guffaws, and Wonwoo’s annoyance heightens: he’d just given birth to an alien baby, who’s crying his lungs out right now for the whole world to hear; and his roommate is being annoyingly blasé, joking about everything when Wonwoo has absolutely no idea how to be a parent.

Orderly Hasegawa enters the room with the knock of the door, pushing in a trolley before Wonwoo could attempt to murder Junhui. “Hello, Mr Jeon. How are you feeling?”

“I don’t know what the baby wants.” Wonwoo says helplessly, holding baby Jaxone to his chest so that his cries are muffled. The elderly nurse makes quick work of checking Wonwoo and Jaxone’s vitals, and everything seems fine…even though Jaxone is bawling like the world is about to end.

“Babies, alien or not, are simple: they either want food, or need their nappy changed.” Orderly Hasegawa hands a baby bottle to Wonwoo; and starts telling him about infant care, which overwhelms the new father.

Baby Jaxone quietens down when Wonwoo sticks the teat of the milk bottle in his mouth. He immediately falls asleep when he finishes the bottle, dozing off in Wonwoo’s arms. So it had been that simple...

“I’m gonna go off now. Also, you can be discharged at noon, Mr Jeon.” Orderly Hasegawa says, leaving them with a professional smile.

“Great. I can’t wait to leave. Did you leave Illy alone at home again?” Wonwoo asks Junhui about his Scottish fold cat, which he had raised since it had been a tiny kitten.

“What? She’ll be fine.” Junhui says. “Soonyoung told me to come here, by the way.”

“Is he okay?”

Junhui shrugged, remembering the nonsensical voice message he’d gotten early that morning. “He sounded tired. And scared.”

Wonwoo exhales deeply, looking at sleeping baby Jaxone in his crib. He’s inherently an alien, and he doesn’t belong here on Earth. Could Wonwoo return the baby to his origin planet? It would be possible, with his advanced satellite dish that had made contact with alien beings. But a tiny part of Wonwoo’s heart tells him to keep baby Jaxone, and raise him as his own. He’d carried Jaxone in his belly for a few days, after all.

Would Soonyoung be open-minded and help him raise an alien? His actions last night indicate otherwise, and Wonwoo already dreads choosing between those two. He doesn’t want to lose Soonyoung - he loves the quirky writer with all his heart; their connection running deeper than just love and , they’re also best friends, familiar with each other inside out. But he feels a fatherly responsibility towards baby Jaxone - he’d never abandon the child. He’s torn between his boyfriend and his alien baby, and for the first time in life, he doesn’t know what to do.

So many things to think about, so Wonwoo has to straighten out his priorities. He has no more business at the hospital, since he feels as healthy as a horse. He’s got to head home and make very, very important decisions, so he starts packing what little belongings he has with him. Junhui goggles at the sleeping baby in the crib, wondering what the hell has Wonwoo brought into this world…maybe it’s kinda cute…when it’s not crying.

“Did you cook? I’m starving.” The whole spectacle leaves Wonwoo ravenous - he hadn’t eaten anything since yesterday, and those had been bites of fruit at the lab, between experiments. (Yes, Wonwoo had been working hard throughout his pregnancy - he really wants that promotion before he can move in with Soonyoung.)

“Don’t worry, we have lots of leftovers.” Junhui grins, helping Wonwoo with his belongings.

“C’mon, let’s go home.”

*

Wonwoo doesn’t get to do a lot of thinking once he settles down at the two-bedroom house he shares with Junhui. Jaxone needs his diaper changed, and they’d moved Junhui’s bed into the spare room so that Wonwoo can have more space with his baby.

Before he knows it, a bunch of guests flood his house - his friends Seungcheol, Jihoon, Mingyu, and Aardvath, as well as his co-worker Malcolm, Dr Ming and of course, the love of his life, Soonyoung. Junhui had invited them over, pretending to distract them with the butternut gnocchi he’d made, when his intention is really to celebrate and announce Jaxone’s birth to everyone he knows.

Seungcheol and Mingyu congratulate Wonwoo over the baby, while Jihoon peers into Jaxone’s crib, cooing over him.

“He’s unique.” Jihoon pronounces, clutching his husband Seungcheol’s arm.

“Thanks, I guess.”

“Kwon, get in here.” Jihoon barks. Soonyoung enters the room, looking sheepish, trying not to look at Jaxone in his crib.

“We’ll leave you.” Jihoon scoops up Wonwoo’s cat Illy into his arms, and drags Seungcheol along with him to join the other guests in the living room.

“Hey.” Soonyoung smiles, pulling Wonwoo close to greet him with a kiss. The moment their lips touch, Wonwoo feels loved. He wants to kiss Soonyoung for as long as he can, until everything in his life makes sense again.

Baby Jaxone lets out a little giggle from his crib, which makes Soonyoung break away from Wonwoo.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.” Wonwoo reaches out to hold Soonyoung’s hand, caressing each finger, which look chubby compared to his own bony ones.

“Junhui told me you’d gotten fat.” Soonyoung says quietly. The little alien baby in the crib is real - he hadn’t been dreaming last night. The o’clock trip to the hospital, Wonwoo’s massive glowing belly. The way the nurses had hauled him up onto a gurney as his boyfriend moans with pain. He should’ve stayed until the end for Wonwoo. But his feet had their own brain, and he’d walked out of the ER, his mind a muddled mess. He walked all the way back to the house he shared with Seungcheol, Jihoon and Mingyu. He didn’t even flinch when he walked in on Seungcheol and Jihoon making out in the kitchen for breakfast - he went straight to bed until Mingyu made him leave the house to come here as per Junhui’s invitation. All that time, he'd been thinking, his brain working overtime; worried for Wonwoo, worried for their future together. 

Wonwoo facepalms. Stupid, stupid Junhui, spreading lies. But he’s not mad at Soonyoung, of course.

“You know I’d love you even if you had three ears and six s.” Soonyoung mumbles, which makes Wonwoo smile.

“I don’t remember what happened during the last abduction.” Hazy images of bright lights and shiny equipment flashes in Wonwoo’s mind. Goodness knows what the aliens had done to him, probing every inch of his body with the tools they had - he'd been lucky he made it back in one piece. “I didn’t even know I was pregnant.”

“I don’t think that’s possible.” Soonyoung quips. He remembers his grandmother telling him how babies are made: when mommy and daddy loves each other very much, the stork comes along and gives them a baby. But in this case, there’s no mommy, only Daddy Wonwoo, and instead of a stork, it had been a bunch of curious aliens. Something defying the laws of nature is going on here, and it makes Soonyoung uneasy. He stares into Wonwoo's dark brown eyes, searching for answers, but all he finds is an equal confusion that he's feeling right now. 

“Let’s not think about the mechanics of how it happened.” Wonwoo dismisses the idea that he may have had with an alien. “I was thinking of sending the baby back to his home planet.”

“But he was born here. Isn’t this his home planet?” Soonyoung says; and his words hold some truth to it. Wonwoo mulls over what Soonyoung had just said, that was certainly a fact - but baby Jaxone is 100% Not Human. How would he grow up among humans? Would he be cast aside because of his skin colour?

“I don’t know if I can raise an alien child.” Wonwoo looks down to the floor. It’s been a tough week for him, and it seems like there’ll be more tough days ahead.

“Whatever you choose, I’m with you.” Soonyoung kisses Wonwoo’s cheek; sure of his choice. 

“Thank you, Soon.” Wonwoo turns his head to accept Soonyoung’s lips for another passionate kiss.

Soonyoung loves Wonwoo so much, not even an alien baby can break them apart - if anything, he’s going to help Wonwoo. Baby Jaxone giggles again in his cradle, staring up at the couple with his large, jet black eyes that look like two black holes that almost swallows up the entirety of his purple face. Maybe, the baby is kinda… cute in its own alien way, Soonyoung thinks; as he turns the kiss into a tender embrace.

His mind flicks over to the shiny silver band sitting in a velvet box, hidden in the top drawer of his bedside table. The arrival of baby Jaxone makes his plans go haywire; so Soonyoung’s got to put his proposal on the backburner for now, while he helps Wonwoo navigate the forthcoming difficult days with an alien baby in the house.

But surely one day, he’ll get down on one knee and marry the man who’d bore the child of an alien - his soulmate, Jeon Wonwoo.