tomorrow i'm going to go for hyung's closet: seungcheol x soonyoung

Seventeen Drabbles

inspired by this damn post, i was supposed to sleep so i could wake up early and study but apparently i love self-destructing over fluff 

written on a whim. barely edited. 


soonyoung peeks into seungcheol's room. it's empty, just like he'd hoped.

he's going to fulfill that promise (of sorts, even though it was a joke) and 'borrow' some of seungcheol's clothes.

he'd noticed that seungcheol (who has questionable fashion choices sometimes) does have some nice pieces in his closet. like that jacket soonyoung's been eyeing for a while now. an array of comfortable sweatpants that's perfect for dance practice. expensive shoes that just happens to be in soonyoung's size - which is probably the universe's way of telling them that they're meant to be sharing clothes (if not more..)

and it all began with a pair of sneakers seungcheol had left at the gym (for some inexplicable reason), which soonyoung has claimed as his own, posting pictures of it on the internet for the world to see. 

he's spoilt for choice in seungcheol's wardrobe, which is semi-organised (as compared to the embarrassing mountain of clothes in his own closet); so it's easier for him to pick things out, mix and match. the full length mirror on the wall is his best friend, as he measures up each article of clothing against himself, choosing his favourites.

his plan is to assemble a couple of outfits, snap a couple of pictures, then book it out of there without seungcheol ever noticing until he uploads the evidence to weverse for fun.

(as always, teasing the leader is entertaining, especially when he begs and begs like a baby for him to stop.)

this shirt looks nice, and this jacket, too - he wonders if he could even get away with a couple of pieces so he can wear them to his schedule at mnet this thursday to promote his new solo mixtape...

he decides to try them on first, hoping that it looks as good as what he envisions. so he whips his t-shirt off, throwing it onto the bed nearby.

"what are you doing?" soonyoung jumps in surprise. caught red-handed by the owner of the room, and just when he'd just taken off his shirt -

rather than using his scary leader voice that intimidates even the vice-president of their company, today seungcheol is whiny and playful and he hurries over to grab his shirt out of soonyoung's hands. "do you have to raid my closet, too?"

soonyoung lets out a manic laugh. "but hyung, your clothes are so nice!"

all designer labels, matching the latest trends. soonyoung doesn't think of himself as a fashionista (that's more of minghao and mingyu) but he knows how to dress well, and seungcheol has clothes that match his personal style.

"i'll buy you some new ones, then." seungcheol says, almost pleading.he's even got his puppy dog eyes on! 

"what's the point of that when i can borrow some of yours?" soonyoung lets go of the shirt he's holding, turning back to grab another one from the wardrobe.

which gives seungcheol a perfect view of soonyoung's muscular back; leaving him in between a state of jealousy and desire. "damn, your body..."

"what?" soonyoung turns around to face his hyung; his eyebrows raised.

"it looks amazing." who knew that kwon soonyoung - who used to have the moniker of a cute hamster - has now transformed into a fearless tiger, by the power of endless gym sessions and healthy eating?

soonyoung flexes his arms, smug; which makes seungcheol even more flustered. "come to the gym more often then, hyung."

seungcheol can't take his eyes off soonyoung's perfectly sculpted abs. his throat suddenly feels dry, and his face is warm. he wants that sort of body as well, but how much work would he have to do to attain a men's health magazine cover-worthy image?

"maybe i will." it's a personal challenge now. he wants a nice body, too - he can't lose to soonyoung (and jihoon, who works out more than anyone else in their group). and maybe he'll get to impress his dongsaengs (soonyoung in particular) when he gets all strong and bulked up, just like he'd always imagined -

soonyoung's all dressed up now; pairing one of seungcheol's oversized t-shirts with a fancy statement jacket that seungcheol has never had a reason to wear. he even does a little twirl for seungcheol. "so how do i look?"

"amazing." seungcheol tells him the truth.

"i'll wear them to my schedule on thursday." soonyoung says confidently.

something in seungcheol makes him comply, rather than try to pick a petty fight over some clothes. "keep them, then."

soonyoung's face lights up like the sun. "really?" his eyes are sparkling, and he's bouncing with excitement. oh, how easy is it to make this boy happy?

seungcheol nods, heart soaring over soonyoung's joy. "i've never actually worn that jacket, and i think suits you more."

"thank you, hyung!" soonyoung drags seungcheol into a tight hug, pulling away a little too soon. "can i have your gym shoes too?"

seungcheol knows all too well which pair soonyoung's referring to. he wonders what soonyoung has done to them... but he still treasures them. "please give them back to me, i'll buy you new ones."

"hyung, but you said i could keep them!" soonyoung's got proof - it's all on weverse. "d'you really think you can gain my love with your money?"

seungcheol's actually quite generous with gifts for the younger ones, though it mostly came in the form of food. "just to celebrate your new mixtape."

"but you sent me a coffee truck!"

"a birthday gift, then."

"my birthday's not until june."

seungcheol sighs. when did soonyoung get this witty and cheeky with his comebacks? there seems to be no way out of this petty bickering (if it can be called one). so he grips soonyoung's shoulders to placate him from his excitement; staring straight into the self-proclaimed tiger lover's eyes. "let me do something nice for you, okay? i'll get you a pair of new shoes. no occasion."

soonyoung blinks at the seriousness in seungcheol's dark eyes, doubled by his low tone. he can only nod in agreement as seungcheol steps back and lets him go.

there's a bit of awkward silence between them - how did a bit of teasing end up like this? but hey, soonyoung's getting some free clothes and a pair of new sneakers, so this little stealth mission of his isn't a bust, even if he got caught in the act...

seungcheol breaks the silence first. "just... do well on the music broadcast."

"i always do!"

"i know." that's what makes you special, kwon.

"you're my favourite, hyung."

that statement, paired with soonyoung's bright smile, makes seungcheol's heart double in size. he knows it's probably just temporary with how fickle soonyoung is; so it's just a matter of time before that title falls back to jeonghan or joshua. still, it makes him feel special. he wonders if he should order some takeout for them (and the rest of the kids) to share, so he can cement his spot as soonyoung's favourite hyung...

but soonyoung already has other ideas in mind. "d'you want to head to the gym now? jihoon wants to go."

curses. gym isn't at the top of seungcheol's to-do list, but he'll do it, just so he can spend more time with soonyoung, and hope to impress him in the long run.

"let's go, then."