go to sleep: seungcheol x jihoon (med student!jihoon au)

Seventeen Drabbles

A/N: med student!jihoon au 

first part written months ago, probably at the beginnning of the semester

found this in the clouds + since prof wants to prepone case discussion to tmr instead of working on that i am working on this

crappy ending but hey issa drabble 


seungcheol wakes up with a start to find jihoon staring at his computer; the glow of the screen illuminating his pale face.

“jihoonie.”

jihoon turns to his roommate, bleary-eyed. he looks worse for the wear - all this studying is taking a toll on him. he’s also straining his eyes, and staring at the laptop monitor in the darkened room isn’t doing wonders for him.

“go to sleep.” seungcheol mumbles. he’s got no idea what time it is, but jihoon’s been pulling so many late nights recently that he can’t help but worry.

“i’ve got to finish this.” jihoon replies, navigating the ten billion tabs he’s got open on his web browser. he doesn’t even remember what half of them are for - mostly lengthy journal articles that he doesn’t have time to read.

“keep it for tomorrow.”

jihoon hums tunelessly, dismissing seungcheol’s suggestion.

the idea of sleeping is so, so tempting right now - his body is devoid of energy, but his brain is working overtime. he’d most likely end up lying in bed, restless, as his mind keeps flying back to the tough clinical case that is up for a discussion with his peers tomorrow.

“jihoonie...”

seungcheol’s voice softens his resolve to stay up for another couple of hours that he’d most likely spend glaring at his screen trying to make head or tail of the medical concepts that he’s trying to commit to his memory. right now, his brain is a haphazard mush of electrical activity - jumbled signals keeping him awake, but nothing is making sense. he doesn’t even know what a liver is anymore.

so seungcheol is right - it’s time for bed.

his body needs it.

and he wants it too - there’s nothing better than to curl up comfortably in seungcheol’s arms and fall unconscious for the next six to eight hours.

jihoon powers his laptop off, and the room turns dark. he sits at the desk for a minute, trying to reflect the day’s events. too much had happened - a whole marathon of anatomy lectures and numerous clinical discussions, in addition to that damned review paper he’d been assigned to write -

oh, he’d give an arm and a leg to rest for a whole year.

but hey, he’d signed up for medical school, and he knew it would be tough.

so far, it’s been bearable, with an excellent network of friends and family to support him through it all. and he’s extremely grateful for his roommate(?) seungcheol, who puts up with all his unconditionally.

…what would he do without seungcheol?

(possibly drive himself mad over his workload, pumping himself full of caffeine to break the world record of longest time forgoing sleep.)

jihoon lets out a little sigh; his eyes adjusting to the darkness of the room. he can barely make out the lump on seungcheol’s bed, but he hears little snores coming from it, so he knows that seungcheol has already fallen asleep.

he stumbles over to seungcheol’s bed, crawling under the covers. seungcheol barely reacts as jihoon latches himself onto seungcheol’s back, making himself comfortable. and within seconds, he's asleep, next to the person he trusts the most in the whole wide world.