Third Party

A Cut-Out Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night slowly descended as Kim and Amy walk aimlessly at the streets after Kim had finished singing. The street's are bustles with activities , like , food cart owners are calling out customers to try their specialize products, people chatters with each of their colleagues , friends, and others, and so on. It's kind of noisy around because of the noise made by vehicles , people and some machinery but still quite peaceful.

The two haven't talk to each other and just walk side by side not minding the silent atmosphere between them. They already ate at In's that's why they're still full or maybe not for Amy suddenly speak, breaking the ice between them "Shall we take a look at the food stall ?"

"you're hungry ?" ask Kim in surprise but remembering that Amy only ate a little portion of what Aunt Min served she added "right, you only ate a little even if Aunt urged you to..."

Amy ignored her and didn't wait for Kim and just walk to one of the stalls there. Amy already bought what she want when Kim went to her spot, Kim then said "you bought lots... don't tell me you'll eat that all ?"

Amy didn't say anything and just stared at her for a second and walk again. Kim couldn't understand her even if if she's been with her for the last few days. Amy is already a few step away from her so she told her to wait and the latter did stop her tracks. Seeing that Amy stop walking, she also buy some food with her because sniffing the aroma made by the stalls there, even if she's kind of full, she can't help wanting to eat.

After sometime, they're already at some park where a fountain can be seen, there are quite a few people around and can be counted by hand. They're quiet far away from the fountain and sitting at the stairs . It's quiet chilly at night but Kim felt quiet hot inside for she's wearing a hoodie and even have a coat with her , she's even wearing a cap to disguise herself in contrast to Amy who's just wearing a thin sweatshirt.

Amy already started eating the street foods she bought one by one. Kim was surprise actually, because Amy already ate much but doesn't show any sign that she's full, she have been staring at her and didn't notice it as her line of thinking already come to observing the features of Amy. she's pretty... Maybe sensing that Kim is staring at her , Amy shoot a glance at the latter and ask "what?"

"n-nothing" answered Kim while shaking the thought she had awhile ago what am i thinking! aish .She then tried to get her attention to eating what she bought with her and said "hmm.. this is delicious" seemingly forgetting what crossed her mind awhile ago and Amy on the other hand also observed her from time to time. Finishing , they then agreed to stop by a convenience store to buy drinks. 

- - - -

"Pie..." her mother called out for her outside her room. She's been there for quiet a few minutes but Pie doesn't even response to any of her calls. It's been weeks since she's here and have locked herself in her room and rarely go out and all her foods have been delivered to her room. Her mother doesn't know the reason why she's being like this and she already ask Pie's friends about it but all of them answered that they didn't know including Van.

Don't you plan to go to school anymore ?" Her mother then added but still has no answer , she waited but seeing that her daughter wasn't responding she sigh and dejectedly turned but then the door of Pie's room opened and there, Pie is standing lifelessly. Her eyes are bloodshot , and she lost weight and quiet pale. It made the mother look at her in surprise and said "What happened to you!"

Pie didn't answer her and just said "mom, can you take me to my dorm? I'll go to school tomorrow.."

"what are you saying?! just look at yourself in the mirror. You're looking like a zombie! Come. I'll get you to the hospital." Her mother then pulled her but stop because Pie pulled her hand .

"I'm okay mom, you don't have to worry about me , just send me to the dorm , okay?"

"no. we should get you check up right now."

"please mom?"

"fine, but first you should eat and let's go to get you check if you're really okay and if not, you stay here, understand?"

Pie nodded her head in agreement and only look down as her mother pulled her to go to the kitchen.

- - - - - -

It's quite peaceful and only the sound of insects can be heard and the swaying of the trees when the wind passed by.Kim and Amy are walking towards the dorm, they're already at the back of the dorm actually but it was being surrounded by big fences so they still have to walk around the street. Kim lent her coat to Amy ,at first the latter refused but Kim, who acted like a child , argued with her just for her to wear it.

Kim have been talking to Amy for awhile now, or rather , she's the only one speaking and Amy only speaks if she ask something. "Hey, If it's not convenient , i just want to ask.. well if you don't want to answer it, it's okay too..."

"what is it?"

"hmm... what made you ...err you know, become a bully or something"

"I ain't a bully, I only defend myself"

"a-a right, I mean, what made you become like that..."

"because I don't want to be bullied"

Kim's mouth twitched because of Amy's answer .She scold herself mentally and face palmed saying to herself . What am i thinking, thinking that she have a deeper reason for that.. hayss.. maybe she still haven't consider me her close friend just to disclose her secret just like that, right.. what am i thinking , really..

"have you heard about the story of The Third Party ?"

"hmm.. i think not, why?"

"There's a girl, let's just say her name is May, she's timid and quiet. A loner if you could say, only got her books to accompany her everyday. But her life was still fun because of her sister , Fay. She's not her real sister, but for her , she still count her as one and the same goes for Fay.

May is only being adopted by Fay's parents because her own parents abandoned her and because of that she's matured even though she's still a kid at that time. The two then become best buddies , even if Fay is younger than her, Fay is more courageous than her, they're totally opposite. If Fay likes colorful one, May likes dull, and so on but that change when the two bumped to someone, well, let's just say her name is Fin."

"So.. Fin is a girl...?" Interrupted Kim.

"let's just say, she is."

"oh, okay, you may continue"

"It's their first day in their new school .Because of her adoptive parents work, the two got dragged by them and changed their school. Just like the old one, May is just silent and wasn't able to make friends in her class but still, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter