Their Memories

A Cut-Out Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Pie is with her parents at the resto-bar, meeting one of her father's acquaintance. She went here after her class finished because her father called her when she's walking towards the dormitory. Her parents are here for some meetings over their company, so when they found out that their friend lives here they decided to meet-up.

She surveyed the area when they just entered and it is nice but they went straight to the second floor so she haven't seen that much. A middle aged man waved at them and her parents waved back as they walk towards that person. The man looks quite aged for some of his hair already turned white.

The man stand up and hugged her mother and as a sign of greetings they kissed on cheeks to cheeks (not literally kiss if you know what i mean) . Like that even her father and her. "take a sit, take a sit" he said as he hurriedly lead the way to their chair. "my bad, it's been a long time since we meet so i got excited" he said while smiling and when he looked at pie curiously, he ask "and this might be ?".

"haha, it's Pie" said her mother while laughing and the man said in surprise "wow! you sure have grown up, when i first saw you ,you're still a little kid!" said the man as Pie answered shyly "thank you sir" but the man said, "just call me Uncle like you used to!".

The man is cheerful and the atmosphere around him are friendly so Pie doesn't feel awkward. Her mom asked the Uncle, as they're still talking about her , "how about your daughter, she's the same age as Pie and used to play with her during middle school" and her father interjected "if i remember correctly , her name was Kim, isn't it ?"

Pie froze as she heard the name and the Uncle just answered "ah that child, she's already grown up and helps in business but not as beautiful as your dear daughter here! haha" as he look at his watch to check the time "she's around here this time, i'll call her"

"no need, she might be busy" her father said and the Uncle answered "you're right" as he smiles as if remembering something he said "ah!" in apologizing tone "i forgot to order foods, what would you like to have? my treat! This is mine after all".

The Uncle called out a waiter and said what he wants, her parents also did the same and when it's Pie's turn she's still not responding even if her parents called out to her, or wave in front of her face. but when her mother shook her that's when her senses came back.

As the Uncle ask her worriedly "Are you alright ?" Pie said with a smile "I'm alright Uncle! i just remembered something" as she turned towards her mother she said "can i roam around?"

Her mother nodded "alright, but why not order first before you go?" and her father also said "you haven't eat dinner right? eat first" but she shook her head "i'm not hungry, i'll go now mom ,dad, uncle " as she kissed their cheeks and hurriedly walk but was stopped by Uncle as he said "if you got hungry, just order there , you don't have to pay for it" Pie just bowed and said her thanks and hurriedly went to the first floor.

The song reverberated around the place as the strumming of the guitar and the voice of singing are being heard. The sound is calming all of the customers are listening as the waiters didn't dare to make a noise. Pie was there standing near the stairs as she's leaning against the wall contrast to the others her heart is in turmoil and she can't calm herself.

Kim, that's the name of her best-friend but because of some incident they fought and didn't see each other or rather she's the one who pretend that she didn't know her until graduation they still didn't make up but when she already have the courage the accident happened where Kim's mother died and Kim's family went far away so they never meet again.

She looks ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter