Chapter 8

That Spring This Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu finally lays her down on his bed 30 minutes later. He's staring at her sleeping figure after removing her shoes and cover her with the blanket. When he’s about to leave her to sleep, her eyes fluttered open. “Oppa...? Sunggyu oppa..?” her voice hoarse.

“Yes, it’s me, just sleep Eunji, we’ll talk tomorrow morning when you sober...” He said softly while patting her arm.

“But I don’t want to sleep alone...” she starts whining. Sunggyu blinks. It reminds him those nights ago when she confessed to him and acting all clingy like this.

“I’ll be here... you just need to sleep.,” he replies her patiently.

She shooks her head and gets up abruptly from her laying position then grip his shirt tightly. “No, You’re lying.. you said the same thing last time. but you never here for me. You leave me alone and you don’t even give a damn about me...” She said as she bursting out crying out loud. Its must be alcohol talking. “You’re also lying to me when you told me you like me.. Kim Sunggyu you’re lying to me..you never like me.. You just.. I.. I.. can’t do this anymore, I don’t care anymore about everything.. I need you.. I really really need you..” She said between her sobs as she hits him.

“Hey.. hey Ji.. you’re drunk—”

“No, I’m not...” she exclaimed rather loudly. “I.. I can’t live like this forever. I love you oppa, I really really love you. I can’t pretend that I don’t have any feeling toward you anymore...I hate everyone who told me to move on. I hate everything that damn psychiatrist tell me, Why I should let you go? They don’t know a damn thing about me... they know nothing... I.. I can’t do this anymore... I don’t want to feel this way anymore.. because of you, I can’t fall to anyone else.. you have take responsibility of me..you broke me..” Sunggyu froze in his place. What she’s talking about? Psychiatrist? What the hell is going on here?

“What psychiatrist?” Sunggyu flabbergasted. “What do you mean?” He asked her impatiently.

She looks at him, still crying. “Oppa kiss me..” she says him afterward.

“What? No, answer me first. Eunji..” He shooks her shoulder, he really needs an explanation right now.

“Oppa.. please...” She’s sobbing hard. Sunggyu knows that she’s drunk and clearly know too, kissing her right now was inappropriate but he can’t bear to look at her broken state any longer. He finally leaning closer to capture her lips, kiss her gently which is she responded almost immediately.

***

"So tell me what's going on with her Howon?" He says in really serious sound.

"What are you talking about hyung?" The latter asks him from the other end.

"Stop beating around the bush, you know exactly what I'm talking about...Just tell me the details.." He muttered again.

"I already told you she's busy and she's doing just fine, you don't need to worry..." Howon replies again. He gritted his teeth to suppress anger.

"Ah really?" he scoffs. "I just found her wasted alone at the bar at 3 AM. That was your definition of fine right?" No answers. "Don't you want to know how I found her?" He asks him again.

"Look..hyung..I'm sorry, I don't mean to..."

"Sorry for what? Lying to me about she's being fine or about you forgot to tell me that she's on therapy? which one?" he cuts his sentences.

"That's..." Howon sigh. "I know I should tell you but I promise her I won't.." he muttered shortly afterward. Sunggyu laughs. "She doesn't want you to know about it, no matter what I say to convince her. But I always keep tabs on her..so... " he adds again.

"Then how she ends up on that dark alley bar by herself?" Sunggyu asks him rather furiously.

"I..." he's speechless.

"You know she's not fine and you choose to keep your promise to her instead of telling me. I believe she's fine all this time because you say so..." he says frustratingly. "If there's something bad happen to her in that bar, I probably would never want to see you again.," he adds again. 

"I'm sorry hyung, but I swear she's really fine the last time I met her.." Howon apologized again, he did sounds guilty. But Sunggyu knows that he can't really blame Howon for what happens. It's on him, but he feels so angry right now. He should just barge on her apartment door and meet her all the time she ignored his calls and texts if he knows she's not fine at all.

"Forget it.." he says afterward. "Just tell me everything now..." 

Howon basically tell him everything. His heart broke. He never expected that he could effected her that way. He always thought she only has a mere crush at him. But knowing this now, he feels like jerk. He never meant to break her heart, he just want something better for her even though that mean he has to let her go.        

***

Eunji wakes up in throbbing headache. Slowly she opens her eyes and look around. She’s in stranger place, but it seems familiar too. Then she realizes she was and all alone in those strange yet familiar room. She closes her eyes again trying to remember what happening last night. The flash of memory of her collapse on the table in the corner of the bar, then somebody come to pick her. He did sound like him. But there’s no way he’ll pick up her, he didn’t even know where the hell she was last night. Her eyes widened in horror trying not to freak out and panic at the thought of someone else took advantage of her and sleep with her. She breath in and out try to calm down her nerves as she tries to get up from the bed. Then relieve feeling wash over her the moment she looks around and found Kim Sunggyu’s picture on his table. Then another flash of last night memories followed. The kisses. The touches. Series of whimpered and gasped and—She groans low, she practically begging him to take her last night. Damn it Jung Eunji. She cursed under her breath. She feels so embarrassed because of her wild action. She should stop drinking from now on. Alcohol making her wasted and humiliated, just like what happen right now. Just how she’s going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter