Chapter 3

That Spring This Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji and everyone around her, acknowledge that she’s the coolest and easy going girl when it comes to everything, but Kim Sunggyu. When it’s related to Sunggyu she’s always sensitives and takes things personally. Her members and staff not knowing to this extent of course, because she keeps it to herself. But others know that she always trying to keep up with everything Kim Sunggyu did, whether his tv programs or his radio show or anything that basically Kim Sunggyu involved. Apink’s girls said she’s such a fangirl, she just laughs along with them and never deny the fact that she indeed fangirling over him.

Sadly thing’s not always all sunshine and rainbows. It’s happening at the end of November in the middle of cold winter, a jealousy knock on her door, a bad one. She knows, just like her, Kim Sunggyu also had large public figure friends circle. And one of them is Super Junior, Kim Heechul, her great sunbae in industry. It’s very well known facts that Kim Heechul has so many celebrity acquaintances in the entertainment industry and most of them are girls. He closes with lots of them. Somehow, in the middle of his busy schedules, he always manages to have a little gathering or party or just drinking with his friends from time to times.

Eunji also knows that Kim Sunggyu were constantly hanging out or spend his times with Kim Heechul outside his schedules. And she hates those facts. No, she didn’t hate Kim Heechul personally, she just didn’t like his friends, especially the girls, the hot girls, around him. Kim Sunggyu might not have a flirty personality but he’s still a man. A full-grown man. Straight one at that. Nobody knows what the hell would happen in those Heechul’s party when he was surrounded by so many girls everytime he’s going out with him. It’s also impossible for him to not waver by them, moreover, he’s single and free man. That’s why she always feels insecure whenever they’re going out together.

At the end of the winter, when Kim Sunggyu hangs out with Kim Heechul once again, and Eunji happens to call him because she was having a bad day since that morning. But he didn’t pick up her call or texting her back, making her feel more miserable than before. She was crying a lot that night in her room, being sensitive to him because he’s not picking up her call. Then, only one night later, he's finally texting her back, telling her that he was with Kim Heechul at the other night and didn’t really check his phone, so he didn’t know she called him. The moment she read his text, she knows that he had a blast night, maybe because of the party or maybe because of the girls at the party. Yeah, the freaking girls that always attend Kim Heechul’s party. Her heart clench. She hurts knowing the fact that she’s no one to Kim Sunggyu and she had no right to be angry at him because of that, but she’s still disappointed. Mostly at herself. So she decided to ignore his text and never text or call him again for almost a month after that night.

It only later after a month without talking or meeting him, Kim Sunggyu called her first, asking whether she was ok or not. Of course, she’s not okay. He practically ignores and forgets her existence for the rest of the freaking month. She was mad at him, but she can’t exactly express that. He didn’t oblige to give his full attention or care to her, she’s nobody to him. So she told him that she was busy preparing for her solo debut. He congratulates her and excitedly suggests to go out, grab a lunch or dinner to celebrate her upcoming solo debut. She knows she should not waver and refused his offers, but her weak heart couldn’t even do that and surrender, accept his offers in a flash of seconds.

***

So at the weekend, they’re going out, on date-she called it. The date was going so perfect and he’s treating her so nice. Being a gentleman and all. She’s falling for him over and over again. Then she decides that she can’t take it anymore. She has to come clear about her feeling to him. She can’t afford to be jealous every time he’s being the other girls. She’ll confess to him when she has the chances. And like a miracle, a chances coming right away after she’s making a decision, after drives around, he asked her if she wants to watch a movie at his place. His flat. That’s her chance.

“I like you, Oppa...” later that night Eunji finally confess her feeling to him. Kim Sunggyu who sit in front of her gape with widened eyes, surprised and shock at the same time. Looks like he doesn’t expect it coming from her. He’s frozen on the couch before her.

“I.. like you.. like alot.,” she says again while biting her lips nervously since he doesn’t say anything or show any reaction to her confession. Sunggyu blinks several times before sipping his coffee and slowly move beside her on the couch. He looks at her with a complicated expression for a while. Then sigh. Eunji could feel her heart beating faster due to nervous feeling.

“Eunji... actually I like you too..” he finally muttered softly response to her confession. Eunji blinked. Did she hear it that right? He likes her too. Holy— Kim Sunggyu likes her too. OH MY GOD—“But I can’t..” Eunji stares at him, confused.

“What?” She dumbfounded.

“I can’t really go on dates with you or become your boyfriend Eunji..” He repeated his answer again. She blinked.

“But why? You said you like me too? So why can’t you date me?” she asked him innocently. Sunggyu smile at her question.

“I do like you. But I can’t, because your idea and mine about having a relationship right now is different Ji, a lot different..” he replied her slowly. She furrowed her brows.

“But you said you like me too, if you don’t want to date me, then it means you were lying about liking me oppa...” She bites her lower lips. “I don’t understand..” Yeah, she doesn’t understand his blunt rejection of her confession. He sighs again.

“How can I explain this hmm...” He mumbles more to himself. Eunji just looks at him waiting nervously. “Look, you are still so young, beautiful and nice. You had so many potentials. And I believe you have so many dreams to pursue and you still have so much time to think over all of the decision you make and take a look around to find someone who much better than me, who deserved your love, Ji—”

“I don’t want anyone else. I already said I like you oppa..” Tears start b out from the corner of her eyes.

“It’s because you are not trying to give another people chances, you’re giving no effort to get know them better. There are so many great guys out there that much, much better than me Ji...” Sunggyu continues.

“Why can’t you just say you don’t like me oppa? Tell me, what is it that I’m lack from another girl? I’ll tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter