Chapter 16

That Spring This Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several weeks after they took over the Naver real-times search ranking with their autumn wedding announcement and their newly founded label— Turning Point Project, and dealing with media and press, they went back to Jeonju, just to find themselves stucked in the middle of the wedding preparation frenzy. They have been dragged around by a people from the wedding organizer and two overly excited ladies— her mom and his mom to go through all the details about the wedding reception trivial. As a result, they spent the whole day checking out the venue and the wedding orchestra. The wedding ceremony and reception will be held at this private and stunning Hanok venue set on the hillside above the river two hours away from his family residence. Thank God both their families were so open-minded about the whole thing and agreed to western-style wedding ceremonies.

“Oppa, I can’t do this anymore...” Eunji leaned to Sunggyu after trying countless wedding cakes, desserts, and drinks for the reception. Yeah, just like the other day, today they were also busy with another wedding preparation, food tasting.

“One more dessert and we get out of here...” Sunggyu promised her, he looked as haggard as her. These days they barely had time to take a good rest. Not while the whole house buzzing with the excitements. “Both of them are way too excited about this...” she murmured again, watching both of their moms tasting the nth desserts several feet away from them.

He glanced toward them and muttered, “Can’t be helped. They’ve been waiting for this moment since forever...” True. Her mom was definitely looking forward to this wedding. It felt like she was the one who got married instead of her.

Eunji sighed. “We should just go with the backup plan...” she said again and took one of the purple-colored cakes on the table and fed it to his soon-to-be-husband.

Sunggyu took a bit and grimaced. “They probably will murder us for it...” he muttered in a matter factly tone while munching the purple-colored cake.

Yeah, they probably would disown them if they just filled the marriage registration form then run away to London afterward. Well, to be honest, they haven’t really decided where they wanted to go for the honeymoon. London only came out because she remembered something Sunggyu said to her years ago. He even mentioned it in one of his interviews. So when she proposed the idea of spending their honeymoon in London, he automatically agreed. That’s how—

“Ugh...too sweet...” Sunggyu’s cringy voice interrupted her train of thoughts.

Eunji laughed at his reaction. “It’ll be so much easier if we can skip all these commotions...” she mused again while handing him a bottle of mineral water.

Sunggyu nodded and gulped down half of the content of the bottle. "It'll be heaven if we can skip to the honeymoon part...” he grinned at her.

"Ugh, your mind..." She smacked him lightly on the arms.

Yeah, just like her, Sunggyu loved simple and casual things but since the wedding ceremony and reception involved both of the families and they happened to be the only son and daughter in the family, they had no choice but to go along with it.

"Try this one..." urged Sunggyu, pointing toward the tray full with various kinds of fruit parfaits.

"I already—"

"Eunji, take a look at this…" Her words were interrupted by mom's excited voice from the far corner.

"Alright, just a moment…" sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter