Chapter 15

That Spring This Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?” Chorong gave her a confused stare when she held out both of her palms as soon as she hopped onto the passenger seat, next to her.

“My birthday present!!!” Eunji replied to her, giving her an irresistible puppy-eyes she could muster.

“Why are you asking me? Ask your oppa!” Chorong as she stepped on the gas. Eunji scowled at the mention of Sunggyu’s name. “What? He didn’t give you any?” Chorong raised her eyebrows, looking curious.

“I don’t want to talk about him...” she grumbled, pursing her lips even more.

Chorong glanced at her and snickered, “Why not? Trouble in paradise?”

“He left without waking me up...” she muttered, feeling irritated again, remembering several hours ago she woke up alone to no sight of Kim Sunggyu, not to mention on her birthday. No memo. No text message. Nothing.

“Just give him a call! What’s so hard about it?” Chorong said, rolling her eyes.

“I did but it went straight to voice mail then several minutes afterward I got this infuriating text message...” she grumbled again, showing Chorong the ‘call you later’ text from Sunggyu as the car gliding through the busy late morning Seoul’s street.

“Maybe he was in the middle of a meeting or something...” commented Chorong dully.

“What meeting? If this about the label, he should bring me with him...” she fumed.

“Geez, chill!” Chorong shook her head. “You’ve been patiently waiting for two whole years, surely not seeing him for a couple of hours won’t kill you...” Chorong retorted.

“That’s not the point!” she argued again. “Today it's my birthday. Even though he’s busy, I should at least get my morning kiss—” she stopped ranting and cursed under her breath as her cheeks went scarlet.

Chorong let out a series of hysteric giggles behind the wheel. “Haven’t you get enough already?” she asked her between her laughter. “Jung Eunji, you’re so amazing! You got my respect!” she continued to .

“Oh, shut up!” Eunji mumbled while hiding her crimson cheeks into her palms. She wished she could melt into a puddle. That was the most embarrassing thing she ever mentioned this week. Now she would never hear the end of it.

Chorong was still laughing like a maniac when they pulled into a small blue-painted shop with a white-framed door she never visited before. “Have you been here before?” she asked Chorong. “Yah! Stop laughing already!” Eunji whined while hitting her with a pink stuffed toy on her dashboard.

“Several times...” Chorong replied to her, wiping up tears from her cheeks as the result of laughing too much. Eunji scowled again and got off from the car first. Chorong followed suit a couple of seconds later.

The small bell above the entry door jingled as they entered the coffee shop. The first thing Eunji noticed was the cute combination of pastel blue, white and soft pink interior, it gave the feminine and energetic youth vibe. The room was brightly lit and full of people. Strangely, the conversations were rather quiet and reserved, giving an air of peacefulness she never experienced in a crowded eatery.

They took the left corner table after placing the order on the main counter. As they seated down on the pink-colored cushion chairs, Eunji kinda gets why Chorong loved this place. The peaceful ambiance aside, the employees and the visitors were very chill and seemed to mind their own business, unlike the usual crowd who goggled and kept throwing curious glances whenever they saw a celebrity in the public place.

“So, how’s the preparation so far?” Chorong asked once the young waiter who just put two cups of coffee-vanilla coffee latte and Mochaccino, on the round table between them walked away toward the main counter.

“Which one?” Eunji asked her while taking a sip of her Mochaccino.

“Both...” She replied shortly, referring to the new label and the wedding preparation.  

“90%, roughly...”

“Have you guys decide the name yet?” Chorong asked again.

“Not yet, we still working on it...” Eunji mused. Yeah, so far they still stucked with the most boring and basic name idea, ‘J&K music’. To be honest they weren’t very thrilled with that idea. It sounded like a law firm, there was no creativity in it. “What about you? Are you still considering that drama offer?” she asked her back, pushing the recent thoughts to the back of her name. The last time they’ve met, Chorong got a daily drama offer from one of the public broadcast stations.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you, I decided to pass on the offer...” she said lightly.

“Huh? Why? It was a good opportunity...”

“Yeah, I know but we’re having another Japan tour soon, so it’ll be very hard to balance all the schedules...” Chorong explained again.

“Ah tour...” she mumbled low, nodding her head, feeling a little sad about it. “You’re right, it can be very tiring...” she added again. Chorong nodded and they fell into a long silence afterward, preoccupied with their own thoughts.

“Are you happy?” Chorong asked her again after a while, looking slightly concerned.

“Me?” Eunji stared at her for a moment then continued, “Of course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter