Chapter 7

That Spring This Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Only One promotion is finally over and they had upcoming Asia tours next. They have been quite busy. Eunji's starting to get a little bit better. Howon keeps his promises not telling his leader about everything and he keeps tabs on her time to time. Even though he didn't like her decision to keep it secret from him, just like today he nags about it again on the phone.

"I still think you should talk to hyung Ji..." he said from the other end. 

"I know.. but not yet, besides I'm doing well..." she replied him. "You promise me Howon.."

"I shouldn't making that promise with you.." he said slightly annoyed. She laughs softly. "He's worried about you Ji, and you're not answering his call or his texts..." She frowned slightly. Yeah, Sunggyu called her or texted her several times after their overlapping promotion over. She needs time. "And he'd get really pissed at me when he found about this later..." he adds afterward rather grimly. She bites her lips, troubled.  

"I know, but you know it's not as easy as that for me .." she responded to his words. "But I'll think about it..."

"You better..." He sighs. "Because he'll be busy with our rally fan meeting and his musical soon. Me too..."  She hummed.  

"I'll be busy too.." She mutters slowly. Howon sigh again. "Don't worry Howonie, I'll be fine.." she adds afterward.

"I'll believe you this time.." Howon finally giving up. "I have to go now, but you can call me anytime. Anytime. Ok?" She smiles at that. 

"Don't worry.. I'll call you just to annoy you.. so don't regret it..." She said jokingly. He laughs.

Just like that, life’s going just fine for a moment. She even improved her composing skill and tried to write many song lyrics for her next solo, to distract her from the unnecessary thought that invading her mind. It’s only later in the midst of busy concert days she finally has the courage to tell her member about her problems and about everything. The girls were crying along with her that night. Eunji feels a little bad for keeping those secrets from them. And her therapy going well.

Just then, as usual, she never thought that would never happen again. But it happened. At the end of winter again, she just casually watches some random tv program and apparently, Sunggyu was one of their MC’s. It was late night karaoke program. And their guest was Red Velvet, another girl group. She watches the show without thinking much at first with Bomi and Naeun, who claimed they bored, so they join her. Then there’s Wendy, who says that she’ll choose him from all of the MC. And he jokingly response to her, flirtingly. Bomi and Naeun were cringing beside her but she’s not sure what she feels about that. Her heart clench.

Halfway through the show, Eunji knows that she’s making a bad decision to keep watching those show. Especially when he keeps flirting and even hold that girl's hand. She knows that show must be script or something, but she can’t help feeling jealous over that. She's really having hard time tried to ignore him in the last three months alone. Yeah, she keeps saying that she was fine and no longer crying alone, but she's still coping up with her feeling. Bomi and Naeun keep cringing so badly while laughing their off. Then they stop laughing the moment they realize Eunji just frozen with tears b out from the corner of her eyes. She's never expected going to be this hurts seeing him with another girl, again. It almost a year after she got rejected. She should already move on from him. 

“Ji... hey Ji...” Bomi shakes her shoulder while Naeun turned off the TV flustered at her reaction. “Ji, listen to me.. It’s just a show.. it was scripted.. just like your drama, just like a reality show we got married I’m in..” she said nervously to her.

“I know..but still...” she sobs. Bomi hugs her as she crying out loud.

Then the door was open, there are Chorong and Hayoung who just come back from outside. “What the hell is happening?” Chorong asks them worriedly as she walks faster toward them.

“Mm..we’re just watching TV, then.. then..” Naeun answers her, still flustered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter