Chapter 11

That Spring This Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A year and a half after Sunggyu enlisted in the army, Eunji doing quite fine by herself. Mostly because she had been busy with lots of work as solo Jung Eunji and APink member. So far, she had finished two dramas filming, APink’s comeback and tours, shooting solo CFs and attend lots of variety shows by herself or with APink girls. Just like Sunggyu wished, she had lived her life to the fullest and get to fulfilled her goals as individuals and as one of member APink. She believes she’s doing really fine, though she can’t lie sometimes she did miss him, a lot. Since he’s doing active duties, she hasn’t seen him or contacted him since. It’s not that she can’t see him, but mostly it because she’s not confident that she won’t waver and end up bawling the moment she met him, blame her weak heart. So, probably it’s better to not seeing him at all for a while. Sunggyu probably had the same thought as her, since he’s not trying to contact her on his days off, besides she did super busy last year and this past 6 month, so she doesn’t really mind that. She needs time for herself, so does him. 

“Ji...what are you watching?” Someone pokes her shoulder from behind, startled she turns around, it’s Bomi.

“Ah, you scare me....” she whines at her. She laughs.

“What are you doing crouching on the corner alone?” she stares at her suspiciously. Yeah, she’s in the middle of rewatching his last video message to her on the corner of their practice studio, because she missed him today. At the time like this, she always watched that video message again. It helps her some way. 

“Huh? Nothing...” She just shrugged and got up from her position. 

“Really?" she snatches her phone. “Huh? Is this Sunggyu oppa variety show?” she asks her again curiously while pointing out to her phone’s screen.

“No...it’s not...” She shook her head nonchalantly. “Give it back my phone...” she whines again. 

“Are you sure it’s not? Then what is that?” Bomi asks her again after she gets her phone back. “OMG... it’s that...aww...” She doesn’t continue her sentence but she squealed then raised her eyebrows at her with a teasing look.

“What’s going on there?” Chorong chirps out from her seat curiously. Eunji mumbles nothing to her while Bomi laughs teasingly at her.

“Someone just missed her oppa so badly...” Bomi replies Chorong question. Eunji sighs and rolls her eyes at Bomi, the latter laughs happily. “Come here our baby meung, let’s unnie give you hug...” Bomi adds again as she envelopes her with a bear hug while the others laugh and followed what Bomi did. Eunji whines again and groans annoyed. She swears, they seriously know how to be annoying sometimes. 

After their schedules were over, Eunji usually going back to Sunggyu’s place, ah right, their home. But sometimes she still feels embarrassed to say or to think that was their home. She’s been living alone there since a year ago. It feels lonely sometimes, but knowing that he’s working hard out there somewhere, she tried to be cheerful and making him a lot of video messages of her, when she’s bored. Like videos of her cooking, making a cake, exercise or even a video of her in the bathtub full of bubbles (lol). Basically everything. So when he got back he’ll know what he missed from her. 

That night Eunji decides to write him a letter. She heard they also received letters. It feels weird since this probably the first time she writes a letter to someone. She has been thinking a lot during this year and a half. She’s already learned all of the consequences for her decision and ready to take it. Besides she’s not going to get any younger and she has been constantly injured because of dance routines or performance. Maybe it’s better for her to stop now. So she comes to a final decision. And she wants him to know her decision first.       

***

Dear Sunggyu oppa...

I finally decide what I want and I want you the first one to know. And  I miss you a lot these days.

I wish you well and always healthy there.

Sincerely yours.

PS: See you soon hubby. I  love you.

The letter was short but Sunggyu grins ear to ear when he reads it. He’s not gonna lie, he missed her a lot too. But he has a duty to be fulfilled at the moment, so he needs to be patients. Everything great comes to the one who patiently waiting, right? It was a lie about he’s not worried about her final decision about his proposal. Of course, he worried as hell, but he has to be mature for both of them. He didn’t want to pressure her and he wanted her to have time for herself. Besides 2 years is quite a long time to consider everything for both of them.

The other things he notices during one year and a half, even though they’re not seeing each other for quite a while but she was doing really well and looks happier. To be honest, it was really hard for him to not seeing her during his holiday. But meeting up is not a good idea for them since it’ll be really hard to separate when he has to go back to the camp, considering Eunji’s mood and temper. Well, it’s not just her, he’s not really that different. There’s one time though when he almost brag in to meet her at their place, but fortunately, she was on her tours with APink. 

“Hyung...what you’re grinning at?” One of his comrades nudg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter