Chapter 10

That Spring This Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning he proposed to her, that was the last time she saw him in person. After those days she gets a pack of schedules, APINK has started their Asia Tours. She only texts him several times. Just like he told her, the breaking news of INFINITE disbandment release a week after they met and followed by Sunggyu’s enlistment news. The news blowing out the entire entertainment industry. There are so many people thought that was waste for the industry to lose such a talented group in Kpop, especially nobody really expected the disbandment. Everyone thought the remaining members will continue as INFINITE after Howon departures, because six of them has renewed the contract with Woollim entertainment. Woollim preps said that members will continue their activities as an individual, no longer as a group.

Eunji knows that everyone in INFINITE had it worse with Howon departures. But she still can’t believe that disbandment actually happened. She thought Sunggyu was a half-joking when he says about disbandment. She feels really bad about that. Moreover, with Sunggyu’s enlistment news. She’s quite sure not just her who feels lost and sad about this, their fans must be feels the same, they lost both INFINITE and leader Sunggyu on the same day. It’s such a heartbreaking news. She tried to call him several times the night after press release, but his phone number not active. At the time she was thinking maybe he was busy or his phone run out batteries. But after a week he’s still not answering his phone.

Eunji and APINK’s members going back to Korea right before her birthday. They'll continue their Asia tours next week. As they were land on Seoul, she excuses herself to go and find him in his apartment. But when she rings the bell, someone opens the door and that’s not him. The new tenant said he just move in week ago and he doesn’t have any idea about the previous owner. She feels her world collapse at the moments she starts crying by herself in front of his old apartment building. She doesn’t even have clue what’s going on or wherever he is. She decides to go back when she realizes it’s already morning and it’s her birthday today. Such a great timing. This the worst birthday ever, she thought.

When she finally walks into her dorm, the others throwing her a surprise birthday party for her. But she doesn’t feel like having a party right now. She feels so tired and exhausted, both emotionally and physically. So she excuses herself to sleep before she starts looking around again. She about to close her eyes when someone knocks her door.

“Yes. What is it Bom? I’m going to get some sleep..” she said slightly irritated.

“There’s package for you...you need to sign it..” Bomi replied and gestured her to the front door. She sighs and walks to the door to sign it and get the package.

It’s only small box. There’s no sender’s name. She shrugged and get back to her room, ignore her member's worried expression. She's trying to close her eyes again, but the box troubles her. She sighs and gets up, she decides to open it. There’s an apartment keycard inside the box. She furrowed her eye brows and thought probably it was prank from her fans. Slightly annoyed, she throw the box aside and small notes drop. She pick it up and read it, it's an address on it. Her eyes widened after several seconds because that was his sign after the address. She grabs her car key and dashes out leaving all the members flustered because of her action.

Eunji got into the address half hour later, by her GPS help. It stops at one of the finest apartments building in the Gangnam. She almost runs inside the building, but she has to ask the front office first about the keycard unit. They look surprised at first when they see Eunji, but they’re explain to her about the key. Its one of the key card for their penthouse. She gawked for a long moment before thank the front office lady and proceed to the top of the building. When she finally arrived at the top, she used the keycard and walk in excitedly. Maybe it's a birthday surprise events.

“Oppaaa...” she shouted from the front door. No one answers. “Oppa...where are you? are you home?” she shouted again. Still no answers. She’s about to shout again when she notices there’s another small note ‘Play it’ and memory card on the living room table. She takes the memory card and plays it on his big LED TV.

When the video started, there’s him on the screen. He's sitting awkwardly on the chair while wearing a white shirt with tie and black pants. Eunji blinked, curious what kind of event is this. She smiles unknowingly. Then he’s cleared his throat. “ Hey..” then he laughs. She laughs too. He looks super awkward in the screen. “Gosh this is awkward, I can’t believe I did this..” he laughs again. Eunji grins at that, feeling giddy. “When you watch this video, then it means I was no longer in Seoul and has started my active duties..." Her face drops at that sentence. "Men should do an active duties, right? I know what you’re thinking right now. You must thinking I’m so cool right?” he giggles. Tears starting to fall from her eyes. How could he didn’t tell her anything about this before?

“Just kidding, I know you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter