The Fight

Twenties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Member: Woozi

       

"If you're not gonna talk to me then can you at least look at me?" You finally exploded.

He then turned and gave you the coldest look he could give.

       

"Happy?"

"What is wrong with you? I can't believe we are fighting over Hansol!"

"Yeah? Me too. I can't believe what you did. I was just there beside you. I, your boyfriend." He's been so pissed since earlier because you accidentally hugged Hansol. You were just so surprised after finding out that you we're 9th place among all seniors for this semester that you didn't even notice that it was Hansol right beside you, not Jihoon.

"Do I have to explain myself again, Lee Jihoon? That meant nothing! I thought he was you!" It was too crowded earlier. Everyone wants to see their own results as soon as possible. "Stop being so immature. You know that he is a dongsaeng we both adore."

"Okay then adore him as much as you want! It would have been fine if it's not Hansol." It's not always that Jihoon gets mad but when he does, it's war. "He obviously likes you and you just gave him the opportunity he's been waiting for that I refused to give him."

"I don't know what you are talking about. Hansol is just a dongsaeng and being jealous for that is so shallow."

"I'm not jealous, I'm angry! How can you be so insensitive when he actually hugged you back! He dared touch you right in front of my eyes? Just how??" He scoffed, almost losing words because of anger. "I should've educated him about boundaries way before."

"I don't get you." You toned down because it's not only your throat that hurts from shouting back at him, your heart is more pained. "You don't even like skinship and you always refuse when I initiate and now you're acting like this. You should've done it with me before if it's this big of a deal for you."

"That is not the issue and me not liking skinship doesn't mean you could do it with other people. Most importantly Hansol."

"Hansol is just-" You sighed and stopped what you wanted to say. It's pointless anyway. You'll just keep on repeating the same explanation and sooner you'll end up hurting each other with your words.

Fine, you lost.

Usually the guy concedes to the girl in scenarios like this but since the guy is Lee Jihoon, there's no way that would happen. Also because you know that it is your fault and he has the right to feel that way.

This is your first major fight with Jihoon and honestly, you didn't expect immaturity to be the reason. He's not the clingy type of guy but if he declares you his, he means it. He's not possessive. It's just that he's been observing Hansol for a long time and he can't unsee the admiration that flares from Hansol's eyes everytime he looks at you. It's bothering and agitating. Somewhat threatening too.

A day passed and you didn't talk. You somehow want him to ease his anger first even for a bit because it's difficult to understand if you're at the peak of a bad feeling but still, it's so difficult to survive one day knowing that you are not in good terms with Jihoon.

"Advanced happy monthsary, dream couple." Junhui nudged your side upon sitting beside you. "I can't forget because I introduced you to each other." Today is your 6th month with Jihoon.

"Right, thanks." You gave him a short and small smile.

"Oh?" Junhui looked closely at your gloomy face before turning to look at Jihoon who is three seats behind and has his face painted with the same expression as yours.

       

"You finally fought?"

You almost nodded. "Jihoon doesn't celebrate monthsaries."

"Actually, I expected that. That friend of mine may look millennial when dressing up but he is a total uncle. He should at least greet you."

Junhui is so right. Or he should, at the very least, talk to you. You already said sorry for like hundred times yesterday but Jihoon is so hard. Not because you like him more he can be this firm towards you. It only makes you think if he really likes you in the first place because how could he endure you like this if he actually does?

Your supposedly special day is ruined. If you are not staring blankly at your notebook, you are burying your face in your arms over your table the whole day because anytime soon you'll end up crying. If he doesn't listen to your explanation then what is the point in repeating it over and over again? So far, your situation is hopeless.

The bell for dismissal rang. You feel so weak to even lift a hand so you took your time to stand and fix your things before you lose yourself and breakdown. You lifted your head from the table you're leaning over and found a small box with a serenity ribbon on it. You don't know who put it there or when or if it is really meant for you but it somehow gives you a weird feeling so you took it. There is a note attached to it that read,

I'm sorry.

Inside it was a necklace you've been eyeing for so long. From your reliable instincts, you just knew that it was from Jihoon. The short message tells you too so without hesistating, you immediately called Junhui because he and Jihoon are both gone already. There's a high chance that they are together also because they share the same dorm.

"Jun, tell me where you are."

"Why? I'm not with Jihoon..." He sounded guilty and you can hear him whispering. "Ouch! Why did you kick me? I did not tell her!"

"Wen Junhui!" You tried to take back Junhui's attention but he already ended your call. You are hoping to end the misunderstanding today but your hope's all crumbled now. Looks like Jihoon still doesn't want to talk.

What's even m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter