Day 21: The Cursed House

Gingerbread and Tinsel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae’s apartment is cursed.

Not in the ‘the lights keep flickering’ way, or the ‘my bills keep being higher than expected’ way, or even the ‘my place keeps being robbed way’.

No, the curse is that nobody can ing find it.

“Oh my god,” Junsu mutters, staring at his phone while Hyukjae half-heartedly reads a textbook on the small sofa.

“What’s up?” Hyukjae asks, steeling himself with a sip of strawberry milkshake to reread the paragraph that just sailed over his head.

“Jaejoong’s lost and can’t see our apartment.” Junsu walks to one of the large windows that faces the driveway.

Hyukjae rolls his eyes. “He’s been here before. Are you sure he’s not messing with you?”

Junsu shakes his head and stares out the window. “I can see him. He’s standing right outside and looking around like a lost puppy.”

“Call him,” Hyukjae says, pushing the book aside and joining him at the window. Jaejoong is just outside the window, looking at his phone and his surroundings so hopelessly Hyukjae can make out confusion metres away.

Jaejoong picks up on the first ring. “Junsu! I’m lost. Where is it?”

“You’re standing in front of it. Turn 90 degrees,” Junsu says flatly.

They watch as Jaejoong turns and stares right in their direction. “I don’t see it.”

“The ,” Hyukjae mutters, then waves his arms.

“We’re looking at you. What do you see?” Junsu sighs.

“A red brick building.” They wait for more, but Jaejoong squints and turns around. “Where’s the apartment?”

“Oh my god,” Hyukjae groans. He heads downstairs as Junsu demands to know how the hell Jaejoong can’t see the two very large windows, and heads out the front door. Jaejoong doesn’t notice him until Hyukjae’s tapping him on the shoulder.

“There you are! Where did you come from?” Confused, Jaejoong follows Hyukjae and continues to look perplexed until Hyukjae opens the front door. “Oh, there it is.”

Hyukjae levels Jaejoong with a disbelieving look. “The front door is yellow. How did you not see it?”

Jaejoong shrugs. “Black magic. Who knows.”

 

 

Their mail never comes directly to them. Without fail, one of them has to go to the church next door and collect it. Initially they try leading the postal service to their door and mail box, but with so many shift changes they give up and the church sets aside a box for their deliveries.

Needless to say, Heechul’s joke delivery of s with very obvious packaging did not go well.

 

 

One time, Hyukjae watched Sungmin drive by three times, with him getting more frustrated with each loop. Eventually they gave up and Hyukjae walked Sungmin from his car to the apartment, and when Sungmin came the next time he still couldn’t find i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter