Chapter 2

Skeletons in the Closet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yoongi stared at the man with wide eyes. He was staring into the black eyes of this finely dressed man as he continued to stare back down at him. “Surprisingly enough, you’re early” stated Death, as he glanced down at the Gucci watch on his wrist. His wide, boxy smile suddenly fell down to a thin line. “We’re not supposed to meet until many, many years from now, Min Yoongi.” He took the chance to get on his knees and leaned in closer to the dying man. Yoongi’s breathing became more aspirated as his lungs slowly began to give up on him. “Since you were stubborn and made the wrong choice by refusing to let fate take its course, you’re here and dead. But, today’s been a long and exhausting day for me, so I’m going to be nice and let you have a second chance.” Death let out a long breath. “If you do truly value the long and good life you were originally blessed with, you must remember this: once the threads of fate are tangled, they can’t be undone.”

Yoongi felt his breathing was becoming shaky as his eyes struggled to stay open. “OK.” he muttered, using the last ounce of his energy to do so. The last thing Yoongi remembered seeing was the hand of Death looming over his eyes.

 

 

He woke up startled with a gasp, a pounding heart, and ringing ears. He was breathing heavily as he glanced around his surroundings and grimaced at the loud music and chattering that finally entered his ears. Hoseok and Miyoung paid him no attention as they engrossed themselves in their own conversations. When did he fall asleep at the party? Was that all a dream? He glanced at the people sitting at the table he was at. They seemed to be oblivious to him passing out. He quickly turned to Miyoung, but she was busy in a deep in a conversation with a fashion stylist. He was about to grab her to give her a passionate kiss when he lifted his left hand up to find his black iPhone completely shattered and broken.

Yoongi let out a shaky breath as he looked down on the table and realized that there was another black iPhone in the same sleek metal case sitting right in front of him. He gingerly touched the home button of that phone to reveal a picture of Miyoung, happily smiling back at him. A shiver traveled down his spine as his breath got caught in the back of his throat. So, it wasn’t a dream after all? He must have somehow pulled his phone out of his blazer as his body was flung out of his car in that accident that he was supposed to be in. He let out a long breath to calm himself down when the phone on the table suddenly vibrated and causing him to jump, hitting his shin on one of the legs of the table.

Miyoung let out a soft laugh as she glanced over to him. “Baby, why are you so startled?” she asked. “Are you OK?”

“Y-Yeah.” muttered Yoongi in pain, as he checked who called him. It was his brother. He didn’t bother answering it and immediately declined the call. “Did I fall asleep earlier?”

Miyoung scrunched her face up, obviously confused. “As in pass out?” He nodded his head gingerly. “No. Why? Did you black out for a moment?”

“I think so.” muttered Yoongi. His answer came out more as a question and less as a statement.

“Should we go home?” asked the girlfriend, worried.

“Let me get some fresh air first.” he replied. “I’ll come back to get you and we can leave.”

“Are you sure? Did you want me to go with you?” asked Miyoung, as she quickly grabbed her things and was about to put them in her purse.

“No.” replied Yoongi, quickly. Unfortunately, all he wanted was to be alone to ponder on the strange dream he had. “It’s OK. Don’t worry. I’m fine.” He grabbed his phone and stood up from his chair. He headed out of the party in no rush.

Yoongi needed to take his time to take in all of what was going on around him. He stared down at the two phones he held in his hands. One was broken and shattered. Meanwhile, the other one was perfectly fine. They were the same model, same color, and in the same phone case. He wasn’t entirely sure what happened, but he could feel his stomach flip at the thought of of him actually dying.

He swallowed drily as he spotted Shin Inhye frantically walking off of one of the elevators as he walked past it, causing his stomach to drop. No, not again. She looked like the exact mess that she was in his dreams. However, she was crying hard with quivering lips and didn’t seem to noti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter