Chapter 15

Skeletons in the Closet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Miyoung smiled at the couple in front of Yoongi and her. It was a lazy Friday night and she and her boyfriend had decided to meet up with her older sister and brother-in-law. They were fussing over their 1 month old baby girl and Miyoung couldn’t help, but want something like that with Yoongi. She glanced at her boyfriend and watched the way he eyed the other couple with their infant. His gaze was soft and warm as a small smile that danced on his lips. When it came to the future children that she will one day give Yoongi, she wanted have a daughter and a son that looked like bits of the both of them. But, she couldn’t deny the desire to have a son that looked exactly like him though. Miyoung’s smile grew wider at the thought of having a little version of Yoongi, running around that condo that he lived in with that beautiful view of the Han River.

“She sleeps so well.” cooed her brother-in-law.

Her older sister let out a small laugh as she fixed the bow that was in their baby’s hair. “That’s because she’s a good girl like that.”

“Babies sleep a lot during their first month because they need a lot of rest, but they become pretty fussy afterwards.” stated Yoongi, as-a-matter-of-fact. He paused for a split second and then let out a dry laugh. “That’s what I hear a lot from my cousins who have kids.”

“Really?” asked the brother-in-law, surprised. “I guess we should try to mentally prepare ourselves to wake up in the middle of night then. Right, Honey?” He smiled at Miyoung’s older sister.

“I gave birth to her so you’re going to be the one that’s getting up at night.” she nudged.

“It’s easier said than done.” chimed in Yoongi, slipping again.

“Y-Yoongi hears a lot about rearing children from his cousins.” explained Miyoung, before her sister and brother-in-law could begin to question him again.

“I used to babysit a little boy that lived near us every now and then when I was still living in Daegu.” he added, trying to save himself from his slip ups. “I didn’t look after him very much, but it was enough to sort of give me a taste of parenthood.”

“Oh, really?” asked the older sister, surprised. “That sounds very adorable, Yoongi. Do you still stay in contact with his parents and get updates on how he’s doing?”

“Sort of.” replied Yoongi, slowly.

“That’s so sweet.” smiled the older sister. “I hope that-”

“Uncle Yoongi?” interrupted a little boy’s soft voice.

Everyone at the table turned to look at the direction of where the voice was coming from. Miyoung felt both and stomach drop the moment she lay her eyes on the child that stood a few steps away from where they sat. Even though she had never met him, she knew immediately that it was Yoonsung. Just as Yoongi had claimed, the boy was the exact carbon copy of him to her dismay. She stared at him as her stomach knotted in uneasiness.

“Yoonsung.” immediately responded Yoongi. He quickly reached out, took a hold of the child’s small hands, and pulled him towards the table. “Come here. How did you get here? Where’s your mom?”

“I came here with Mommy and Mr. Kim.” smiled the child, as he quickly went into Yoongi’s open arms and hugged him. Before Yoongi could ask him where exactly his mother was, he was quick to add, “Uncle Yoongi, I missed you so much.”

Miyoung watched as her boyfriend lovingly caressed the boy’s face with a huge smile plastered on his face. She had never seen him looked at a child in such a way before and this was all too much for her. Sure, Yoonsung is his son and it’ll only make sense that he would grow to love him the deeper their bond as father and son grew. But, this was all really strange for her. She knew that he saw his son every Saturday for the last 2 months or so and he loved to talk about him, but she didn’t actually didn’t seem to realize how much he loved this kid.

“I missed you too, Yoonsung.” replied Yoongi, softly. “But, where is your mom?”

Before the child could respond, a woman’s sharp voice cut him off. “Oh my God. Yoonsung.” Suddenly, a woman approached their table out of nowhere with a tall, handsome man trailing behind her. Miyoung felt her stomach twist and turn even more at the sight of Yoongi’s ex-wife. To her surprise, that woman was pretty with soft doe eyes, a button nose, and pink plush lips. She had always thought that her boyfriend’s ex-wife was fat and ugly from all of the things he had told her about the woman. She would never actually think in a million years that she would be this beautiful. She glanced at the way her boyfriend’s ex-wife’s tight dress clung onto her body and there was no denying the amazing body she also had. Inhye was hot and there was no way Yoongi wouldn’t want to go back to her if he had the chance, even if he claimed that he hated her.

Miyoung glanced at her boyfriend and the way his eyes landed on his ex-wife. He seemed calm, but she couldn’t deny the way they twinkled in her presence as if he actually enjoyed seeing her. She would have never thought that she’d ever meet Inhye in a million years, but she would have at least expected Yoongi to be very hostile towards her especially with their crazy, chaotic past together. The girl felt her lips form a small frown as she realized that Yoongi may no longer hate Inhye like he once said he did and she felt her stomach drop farther to the ground. Was Yoongi slipping through her fingers even though she was desperately trying to prevent it?

She felt her hand grab Yoongi’s as his ex-wife tugged Yoonsung out of his embrace as if she was pulling him back to stay with her. The older man turned to glance at his younger girlfriend with a questioning glance and all she did was smile at him. He smiled in return and then turned to his ex-wife, her boyfriend, and their son. “I’m so sorry that Yoonsung interrupted you all.” apologized that woman. “We came in here to grab a drink, but I guess he saw Yoongi and just ran off to come see you.”

“No, it’s OK.” smiled Yoongi.

It’s not OK, silently replied Miyoung. Why don’t you actually learn how to keep an eye on your kid?

“We should really get going.” muttered the ex-wife, embarrassed. Everyone watched as she took a good hold of Yoonsung’s arm. “Please enjoy the rest of your time here.” Without saying anything else, the mother and son quickly left with her boyfriend at her side.

The boy who was reluctantly following behind his mother turned to look over his shoulder and said, “Bye, Uncle Yoongi!” The man eagerly waved good bye to him and they soon disappeared behind the door of the exit.

“Yoongi, is that your sister-in-law?” asked Miyoung’s sister, with a smile, as soon as the intruders were out of ear shot. “It’s too bad you weren’t able to introduce her to us since they seem to be in a rush. She looks very young too. Did your brother and her marry at a very young age?”

“I-I suppose you can say so.” he replied, obviously unsure on how to answer the question.

“Your nephew looks exactly like you even when he smiles.” chimed in the brother-in-law, with a huge grin.

Yoongi let out a light chuckle. “He does.” he muttered. “We look almost identical.” Miyoung noticed the way her boyfriend had drawn out the last word of his sentence and glanced at him. His eyes were distant, probably thinking about his son and, maybe, his ex-wife. She tore her eyes away from him and sat back in her chair. She needed to relax her overly tense body, but she doubted she could truly actually relax any time soon.

 

 

Yoongi turned to Yoonsung as soon as Inhye was no longer in their sight when she headed to the restrooms. They were at his favorite lamb skewer place in Itaewon for their Saturday since Yoonsung have never had lamb skewers before. Inhye claimed that that was a place like that she usually went with her co-workers and their manager after work and had actually never thought about taking her son to try it before. Upon hearing this, Yoongi felt that he should at least be the one responsible in introducing his son to this delectable food.

“So, what does your mom like?” he asked his child, suddenly remembering how he discovered that he had known absolutely nothing about the woman he had married and divorced.

“Mommy?” responded Yoonsung, confused. He thought for a moment. “She likes listening to the piano, especially when it rains.”

“Really?” asked Yoongi, with a smile. “It rained last Monday. Did you play some piano for her when she came home from work?”

Yoonsung frowned. “No. Should I start doing that?”

Yoongi smiled. “I think she’ll like that a lot.”

“Uncle Yoongi, you should play Mommy a song when it rains too.” laughed the child. “You’re really good at playing the piano so I think she will like it when you play for her.”

When they were younger, Yoongi used to play various pieces for her if he wasn’t too tired after they had . He would usually just play random pieces that he freestyled off the top of his head. That was about it. And, in return, she voiced her compliments all the time. Whether or not if she would still do the same is another story.

“I don’t think that’ll be a really good idea, but if it ever rains on a Saturday when we’re together, then I will play her a song.” replied Yoongi, rather softly.

Yoonsung smiled brightly at him. “OK!”

“What else does your mom like?”

“Hhhmmm… She also likes the color pink.”

“Pink?” Yoongi blinked, surprised. Never in a billion years would he think that she would like the color pink. He’d always associated that color to frilly people that indulged in cute things like cats, dogs, and those childish looking stationary . Inhye just didn’t seem like that type of person at all. Pink just seemed too soft of a color for someone like her. From what he remembered, she liked things hard whether it be drinking liquor straight from the bottle or the way she wanted him to rut into her. So, he’d always assume she liked a color that was literally a blank canvas so then she could paint her life on it like the color white or a color that made her blend easily into any situation like the color black.

“Yep.” smiled Yoonsung. “Why do you want to know what Mommy likes, Uncle Yoongi?”

He didn’t know how to properly explain to his son that he was trying to learn more about his ex-wife so he just shrugged. “I just thought that it’d be nice to know what kinds of things she liked.” he replied. “That’s all.”

“You can always buy her flowers.” suggested the boy. “Mommy loves flowers.”

Yoongi nodded his head slowly. “I don’t think she’ll like receiving flowers from me though.” he admitted, with a chuckle. “She’ll probably like it more if it came from your teacher.”

Yoonsung blinked, surprised. “Mr. Kim?”

“Why were you and your mom with Mr. Kim yesterday?” The older man had to ask. He couldn’t help himself. If he had asked Inhye instead, then she may think that he was being nosy about whether or not if she was actually ing her son’s teacher. He wasn’t. He was just curious. That’s all.

“Mr. Kim dropped by our house because he said that he missed me.” answered the child, innocently. “That’s why Mommy suggested that we go to the café and go get some ice cream. It was fun!”

Yoongi had the strongest urge to scoff at his son’s answer but held himself back. He was in no position to judge this Mr. Kim and his lie about why he suddenly showed up at Inhye’s doorsteps. The man was tall, good looking, and seemed like he had a gentle soul by the way he looked at both Yoonsung and Inhye. Yoongi was surprised that Inhye have yet to start dating that guy, especially if he was putting this much effort into trying to court her. Maybe she was waiting for the school year to end so then they can properly date? Probably.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter