Chapter 3

Skeletons in the Closet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

‘Since you were stubborn and made the wrong choice by refusing to let fate take its course, you’re here and dead.’

Yoongi suddenly woke up, with a small yelp. He gasped for air as he looked around his studio frantically. After calming down, he buried his face in his hands. There was a thin film of sweat on his forehead and that was nothing new. He had been dreaming about his encounter with Death over and over again for the last month or so.

With the help of a tech professional, Yoongi was able to successfully retrieve the data that was stored on the broken phone he had woken up with at the party. After recovering the data from that phone, everything was certain that the ‘dream’ he thought he had actually wasn’t a dream after all. He was honestly hoping that the phone wasn’t his even though it was quite clear that it was. The news caused him to go into shock for days, had to request work off, ignored calls from his family, and refused to see Miyoung or Hoseok.

He just needed time to be alone and drown in his thoughts because he felt like he had no one. He desperately wanted to talk to someone about what had happened to him, but he couldn’t because it all would just sound like he was going crazy. Who the hell was going to believe that he had died, met Death, went back in time, and is now alive? No one.

Yoongi let out a long breath into his palms. He was tired from the constant reminder that he had died and that he couldn’t reach out to no one about that unsettling fact. He felt like he was suffocating. His heavy lids open slowly at the sensation of his phone vibrating. He quickly pulled his phone out, only to see Miyoung calling him.

“Hey.” he muttered into the receiver as he answered his phone.

“Oppa, I’ll be at the studio in 20 minutes or so.” said his girlfriend. He could hear her bright smile through the phone and that warmed his heart.

“OK.” he said. “I’ll get ready. Just meet me at my car and we’ll get going.”

They were going to her older sister’s baby shower tomorrow and had yet to pick out a gift yet due to both of their busy schedules. Unfortunately, today was the only day they were available to grab anything. Technically, Yoongi could spare some time to go to the store to grab a few things but he had no clue on what to buy. All he remembered was that babies needed a lot of attention and pooed and peed almost nonstop. So, he couldn’t be much of a help if Miyoung had actually asked him to run to the store himself or anything.

His girlfriend was clearly very excited as she entered one of the large children’s necessity stores at the Coex Mall. She went straight the baby formula and pump section and Yoongi couldn’t help but smile at the confused look Miyoung had plastered on her face. She turned to him nervously, with a shy smile.

“Do you know which formula would be the best?” she asked.

The past he had with Inhye and his son was something he would had never kept away from Miyoung. Even though he hated how the two of them had intimately been apart of his life, he had to reveal the truth so then she would know the full gist of his past and how it’s not a clean slate. He was sure she had never told anyone in her family though because they never ask him anything in regards to his kid, which was something he was grateful for.

Yoongi stared down at his girlfriend, perplexed at her question.

“W-Which one did you use for your son?” she questioned, almost in an airy whisper.

“O-Oh.” stammered Yoongi, finally understanding the question. Well, he and Inhye were poor 20 year olds and living off of his parents when their child was born, so they never even questioned the possibility of getting quality baby formula for him. It was too expensive. Inhye fed instead, which she claimed was better than any powdered baby formula on the market. “We didn’t use formula. That person just ended up feeding the kid the whole time.”

‘That person’ was referring to Inhye. He couldn’t stand the thought of uttering her name. Although Miyoung was aware of his past, she wasn’t aware of both Inhye and their son’s name. That was a crucial detail that he made sure to leave out. So, he would refer to them as ‘that person’ or ‘the kid’ or ‘the boy.’ This was partly out of spite, but mainly due to his desire to forget about them.

“Your sister isn’t going to feed?” Yoongi continued to ask, curious. All he remembered was something about pumps, but he wouldn’t know which one was the best. They just got the most basic one that did its job.

“No,” replied Miyoung. “She decided not to because she said that it’ll ruin her s and she didn’t want that.”

“Really?” he asked, surprised. “I thought that milk was the best for babies.”

“I don’t know.” shrugged the young woman. “I just know that she said something about not wanting her s to sag after she stops feeding.”

Well, that was something he would definitely not know about. He and his ex-wife divorced long before she stopped feeding their son so he wouldn’t know if that’s true or not. Even if her s did start sagging while she was feeding their kid, he wouldn’t really know either. They stopped having all together a few months after their child was born and he never laid a hand on her since.

Yoongi just shrugged. “I wouldn’t know.”

“I guess I’ll have to ask for some help.” stated Miyoung. “There’s too many kinds.” She left out a small laugh. “I’m so overwhelmed just looking at all of this.”

He smiled at her and nodded his head, completely understanding the situation. As he waited there in the aisle, the various types of baby bottles and s grabbed his attention. He stared at them, in confusion as well. They came in array of various colors with different cartoon characters on them, which was something he never knew before. But, it wasn’t long before he spotted that familiar, white, and small baby bottle that he and his family had always fed his kid with. As expected, it was the cheapest bottle on the shelf and he wasn’t even surprised.

A shaky scoffed escaped his parted lips as a wave of nostalgia washed over him as he stared at that particular item. Despite wanting to forget everything, he could still remember the weight of his growing son in his arms as he fed him with that bottle. Sometimes the boy was fussy, but he was calm most of the time and that was something Yoongi should have been grateful for. In his memories, the child particularly enjoyed peering up at him with his dark brown orbs whenever he fed him. Although the memories were fuzzy and rather warm, Yoongi didn’t want to go back down on memory lane. He shook his head and pulled himself back to reality as Miyoung came back to the aisle.

She was talking to a sales representative and they both walked past him to where the baby formula stood on the other end. He glanced at his small girlfriend. She was a pretty, petite young woman with lush, long brown hair with a lean frame. They had met through a blind date a mutual friend of theirs had set up 3 years ago and had been together since. At first, he was a bit worried that she may not accept him because of his crazy past with Inhye, but she was so open and understanding that he couldn’t help himself and fell even more in love than he was already with her. He wasn’t exactly sure when he’d like to propose to her, but he would like to on some beautiful, sunny day in 2 years or so.

“Miyoung,” he called out, interrupting the deep conversation she was having with the worker.

“Hm?” she responded, looking up at him.

“I’m going to go look at the toys.” he said, with a smile.

She let out a soft laugh. “OK, OK.” She shooed him away with her hand as she pointed to one of the items on the shelves. “So, this formula is-”

Yoongi didn’t bother listening to her full question before he walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter