Chapter 1

Skeletons in the Closet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Out of all things that his girlfriend asked him to grab at the supermarket, she asked him to get her a pack of pads. Not milk, eggs, or sugar, but pads. She was out of them and he was supposed pick her up for a company event that was bound to start in 10 minutes. Since he was on his way to her place anyways, she asked him to pick them up for her.

Yoongi stood there in the aisle unsure of which one to get. There were so many or, more like, too many brands and various kinds. He didn’t really care as he grabbed a pack randomly off of the shelf and headed towards the express lane with that one item in hand. He and his girlfriend were already running late for his company party so if she was going to give him a mouthful later about whatever he grabbed then he rather that then be even more late than he already was to this event.

As soon as he approached the express lane, the light that indicated the lane was open above the cash register turned off. “Excuse me, Sir,” started the female cashier. If she was going to tell him to leave, he would seriously blow off because he was not planning to wait another 5 minutes just to pay for these pads. “May you please put this on the convertor belt after you put your items down?”

Yoongi stared at a placard that she handed to him. It basically said that the lane was closed in huge Korean letters. He accepted it without much of a thought and did as she asked him to after he put his sole item on the belt. He finally glanced up to watch the cashier ring up the customer in front of him and felt his heart drop instantly. An immediate wave of intense animosity washed over him as his eyes tore away from the woman in front of him. He heard a familiar scoff escape her lips as the young cashier ran up her items.

What the is Shin Inhye doing here?, he thought. The last thing he wanted at the moment was to run into his ex-wife, especially when he didn’t want to deal with her bull. The divorce was done and over with 4 years ago, but there’s bound to be some snarky remark that would fall out of her damned lips upon this encounter and make him moody for the rest of the night.

She’d probably bring up something about their son, whom he had never bothered trying to get custody of nor cared much for. The child was an accident and, even if Yoongi did father the him, he wasn’t willing to play the fatherly role society expected him to. The biggest mistake he had ever committed in his life was bringing that boy to life and, if he could go back to the past to change everything, he wouldn’t hesitate. Shin Inhye and her son were the mistakes that Yoongi wished they had never occurred in his life.

“The world is small, but I guess it’s smaller than we both thought. Right, Mr. Min Yoongi?”

Her voice was crisp and clear and her tone was surprisingly gentle. This caught him off guard and caused him to look directly at her, out of shock. Their marriage ended on a rocky note with yelling contests on a nightly basis with their young child crying in the background for months on end. It was strange that she was being so nice to him, considering all the crap that happened between them with their toxic marriage.

“It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?” the small young woman in front of him asked as she handed the cashier her debit card. Her gaze was soft and warm, which was something Yoongi wasn’t all too familiar with. “Yoonsung is going to be 7 soon. His birthday is-“ As expected, she brought up their son after all.

“It doesn’t matter.” Yoongi quickly said, interrupting her midsentence. “I’m no longer in his life and he’s no longer in mine so I don’t need to be reminded of how old he is.”

Inhye didn’t say anything as she accepted the card back from the cashier and punched her pin into the number pad in front of her. “I know.” she sighed. “I just thought that it’ll be nice if he could finally meet his dad, but I guess not.”

So, that was why she was being nice, thought Yoongi as he narrowed his eyes at her. She wanted to be on his good side so then he would go see the kid. Well, that was obviously not going to happen. He wasn’t interested in seeing the child. If he was, he would’ve done so long ago. He had only been paying for child support all these years because that was his financial obligation as the biological father of that boy. If he wasn’t the father, then he wouldn’t have cared. That was the honest truth and there was no denying it. Before Yoongi even realized it, that woman had left and he quickly paid for the pads. He made sure to remind himself never to stop by this particular supermarket ever again, in case he may bump into her again.

 

 

Yoongi excitedly entered the booming party venue at the luxury hotel, The Shilla, with his girlfriend in hand. He was a rising and popular music producer for Big Hit Entertainment. Through his hard work, he brought much attention and support from the public for many of Big Hit’s artists along with many awards from accredited music award shows. He was currently one of the most sought after music producers in the industry with requests to work with artists outside of his label left and right.

His co-workers greeted him with bright smiles and loud laughs, as he and his girlfriend made their way to the table where Hoseok was sitting at with one of their company’s R&B singers. Jung Hoseok was Yoongi’s partner in crime when it came to music production and life. They were the perfect pair, creating beautiful pieces of music either together or separately. Their music complimented well with one another, as a music critic once stated, just as their personalities did. The sitting pair greeted the couple cheerfully.

“What took you so long, Hyung?” asked his friend, with a beaming smile. He quickly turned his attention to Yoongi’s girlfriend and his smile grew wider. “Miyoung, you look amazing as always.” She quickly thanked him.

“Errands.” shrugged the older man, replying to Hoseok’s question.

Yoongi sensed something was wrong when Hoseok immediately suggested that the both of them go grab some drinks before he could even sit down. He quickly asked the younger man, “What’s wrong?” once they were out of ear shot. Thankfully, the singer Hoseok was chatting with was keeping Miyoung busy and she didn’t have time to suspect anything out of the ordinary.

“I saw Shin Inhye here.” muttered Hoseok, as he glanced ove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter