Chapter 7

Skeletons in the Closet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yoongi was anxious all week. When Inhye agreed to meet up the following Saturday, he thought he had misread the text and had to read it over a few times before letting himself truly immerse on reality. He was more than ecstatic. He was completely over the moon and beyond. Miyoung, on the other hand, wasn’t as excited when she found out, but he knew that she was only apprehensive about because she was worried.

“You bought your son a gift?” she asked, slightly irritated. Yoongi could hear the crinkle of the paper shopping bag from the kitchen table as she picked it up, despite not even bothering looking in her direction. “Didn’t you buy him another gift for his birthday last week?”

He kept his eyes glued onto his phone as he lazily scrolled through the things he could do with his son in weeks to come and continued to sit on his leather sofa without looking up at her. He barely registered what his girlfriend said as he tried to think of various things he was going to do with his son. The mother of his child would obviously only let Yoongi meet Yoonsung under a few conditions: 1) these meetings would have to be on Saturdays, 2) she needed to be present at all of them, 3) if Yoonsung didn’t want to see Yoongi again, then these meetings would stop immediately, 4) these meetings could realistically be anywhere from 2 to 5 hours long, but overnight stays at Yoongi’s place would absolutely be prohibited.

Inhye had suggested that they should grab some dessert as a late afternoon snack as a first meeting. She would prefer going out for lunch, but she knew that Yoonsung would rather enjoy eating sweets than actual food like the kid that he was. On the other hand, Yoongi wasn’t much of a fan of desserts as an adult. But, he didn’t mind. If his son wanted to eat cake, then he was going to eat cake.

“Oppa.” called out Miyoung. From the tone of her voice, she was obviously frustrated at him for whatever reason.

“What?” he replied, glancing up.

His girlfriend was standing at his kitchen table with an irritated face as she held up the shopping bag that contained a Spiderman action figure. She let the bag fall back onto the table with a small clank. “You bought your son another toy?” she huffed. “Didn’t you just buy him that Transformer toy for his birthday last week?”

Yoongi blinked, expressionless and unsure where she was going with this. “So?” he muttered. “It’s just a toy.”

“Are you going to keep on doing this?” questioned Miyoung.

“As in buy my son things? Of course.” Yoongi replied.

“But, you pay child support.” He watched as she crossed her arms crossed her chest, upset.

“That money is used to raise him.” answered the man, blatantly. Miyoung let out a long breath. She was clearly angry, but didn’t want to start an argument when she knew that Yoongi was going to walk out of the argument in 20 minutes to go see his son.

“I just don’t want his mom to take advantage of you.” she mumbled.

“She won’t so it’s nothing for you to worry about.” clarified Yoongi, as he turned back to his phone. “I don’t even know why you’re worried about this to be honest.” . The second statement wasn’t mean to be muttered out loud, but his anxious lips let it slipped off his tongue anyways. He kept his eyes glued onto his phone screen to avoid eye contact with his girlfriend.

“You know very well why I’m stressed over her.” retorted Miyoung, through gritted teeth.

“Miyoung,” Yoongi called out as he pulled his phone away from his face. “If it wasn’t for the mere existence of Yoonsung, I wouldn’t even put up with her ty attitude and personality.” The girlfriend’s hard expression didn’t falter and he let out a long sigh. He got up from his seat and walked over to her. Without saying much, he pulled her into a hug. He deeply inhaled the scent of the shampoo he had in the shower on her hair and then let out a long sigh. “Even if Yoonsung’s mom does try anything on me, she’s not going to succeed.”

Miyoung let out a shaky breath as she wrapped her arms around his lean waist. “Oppa.” she muttered, with a soft cry. “I’m so scared that she might do something to take advantage of you.”

“I told you not to worry, right?” whispered Yoongi, as he placed a peck on top of his gilfriend’s forehead. “Nothing like that is going to happen.”

 

 

Yoongi: Sorry. I’m running late due to some errands.

 

Inhye: That’s OK. Yoonsung and I will grab a table and wait.

 

Yoongi made his way through the bustling traffic of Seoul across the Han river to Apujeong Rodeo drive, where the dessert café was at. He left his home a little later than he planned due to a passionate kiss he and Miyoung was entangled in, but he only lived across the river in Hannam dong so the drive wasn’t too bad. Inhye and Yoonsung lived in Sinsa dong, which is relatively close to the destination so he wasn’t even half surprised that they were already there. Once he found parking outside of the dessert café, he almost bolted outside but quickly remembered to bring the gift he had grabbed for Yoonsung as well. He spotted the mother and son right away at the back of the café when he entered the place. Yoonsung was talking to Inhye about something.

“Mommy!” laughed Yoonsung, as his calming laughter echoed throughout the nearly empty café. His voice grabbed the attention of a young couple sitting at a table near the entrance. They flashed the mother and son a questioning glance and leaned into each other in attempt to whisper to one another.

“I thought that she was his aunt or something.” laughed the young woman, not being very discreet about her comment. She was quiet, but not quiet enough that anyone sitting near their table could hear. “She looks so young. She obviously had her kid when she was 18. What a .”

“She looks like an easy .” quickly added the young man, which earned a sharp jab from his girlfriend’s elbow and left him wincing. The girl at his side looked angry at his remark, probably thinking that he wanted to Inhye or something along those lines. “What? It’s the truth.”

Yoongi wanted to quickly disregard the bickering couple as he glanced at his ex-wife and son. They were too far to hear what the couple had said about Inhye. For a long time, he had forgotten how quick strangers were to jump to conclusions whenever they figured out that Yoonsung was his kid. He was tired of people saying things about him, despite standing right there in front of these rude people, so he never took Yoonsung anywhere with him. He would have never been caught any where outside of home with his son after an incident and used to always whenever Inhye asked him to take their son to the pediatric for a checkup. Once upon a time, he didn’t want to suffer from inquiring, judgmental eyes of people that he didn’t even know. But, it seemed like things were different now.

“Why don’t you two mind your own business.” stated Yoongi, as he turned to glance at them.

“What?” scoffed the young man.

“You heard me.” muttered Yoongi, with a hiss. “The only person that looks like an easy is your ing girl.”

“What did you just ing say?” yelled the boy, as he quickly got to his feet in pure hot blooded anger.

Yoongi smirked, as he looked at the scene unfolding in front of him. The young woman, who had also quickly gotten up to grab onto her boyfriend’s arm, was telling him to stop. “Maybe you should learn how to shut your damn traps before you start judging people for having kids at a young age. Do you think you’re are any different just because your girlfriend isn’t pregnant now? Just because your is encased in a ing latex glove all the time when you’re ing each other doesn’t mean that it can’t happen. Condoms only work 97% of the time, so maybe you two should start practicing abstinence before you two start judging someone else for their mistake.” Their faces were bright red in embarrassment at the older man’s loud and clear statements. “Hey, at least that woman you were badmouthing was willing to take the responsibility of raising her child. What the would you two end up doing if your girlfriend was pregnant? Putting up the kid for adoption? Or, even abortion?” Those kids couldn’t look at Yoongi in the eyes as they stared down at the wooden table in front of them. The girlfriend looked like she wanted to say something as she opened , but nothing fell out of it. Yoongi scoffed at their speechless demeanor. “By the way, you two were just talking about my wife and son, you ing dumb s. Think before you attack other people before trying to sympathize first.”

Yoongi quickly walked past them to the back where Inhye and Yoonsung were sitting at. Both the mother and son look a taken back at him as the young couple quickly scrambled to grab their things and left the café, leaving the three of them as the only customers there. Yoongi ignored Inhye’s eyes as he sat across from his son with the gift in hand. He noticed right away that there was already a large tray of sweets that the both of them had already picked out. He watched the ice in his tall glass of water melt as condensation pooled around the cup, in silence.

“Here, Yoonsung, I brought you a gift.” he finally said, trying to break the ice. He pulled the toy out of the bag and handed to his son.

The boy gingerly accepted the present with a small smile. “Thank you, Uncle Yoongi.” said the child.

Yoongi beamed a huge smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter