Marriage & Confessions

Idols & Life (Book 2)

Nobody POV

Everyone was finally ready to head back to Korea.

No more crazy siblings. No more fights.

Except. One couple was still broken up.

And the flight was incredibly awkward for that couple.

They had to sit next to each other.

She fell asleep and he glanced at her. He missed being with her and wanted to clear up the misunderstanding.

He didn't know how to talk to her though. She would ignore him or snap at him.

And she made it so his schedule would keep him as far from her as possible.

Once they got off the plane she went back to her company.

But he followed her. He went to her office and locked the door. "we're gonna talk and until we resolved this nobody is leaving"

Yoongi POV

She looked at me with surprise in her eyes. She sighed "Yoongi. If you wanna talk can it wait for an hour? I need to prepare for this stupid press conference about everyone's relationships."

She looked sad and tired. And I felt guilty. "can I help in anyway?" She shook her head.

"no. Sadly you can't. Not unless you can work your way around the press and figure out loopholes"

I smiled "I took law back in high school remember?" her eyes widened.

"loopholes are a lawyer's specialty"

I nodded. She handed me some contracts... Our contracts. "read these for me. I swear I didn't write anything about dating."

I read every single line every single word in our contracts. But...

"there's no loopholes" I said in surprise. She smiled. "My sister is studying law as well and she herself helped write up these contracts. So now the press can't use them against us."

Damn that's smart.

"so basically now we are safe" She nodded.

"there is no rule that you guys aren't allowed to date anyone in the company. Just you can't date me."

I looked at her "but we were together" She sighed and nodded. "Our relationship doesn't exist. And that's the truth"

After that we sat in silence as she worked..

After an hour she finally finished all her work. "I don't want that to be the truth.. Kim. Me and Taehyung got drugged that day."

Her eyes widened "You both got drugged?! Oh my God why didn't you say anything?!"

I smiled sadly. "you refused to listen."

She sighed softly.

"I'm sorry. I just felt betrayed. Like for five years. Five years. And you suddenly cheat on me. I got insecure and felt really... I don't know.. I don't know the word but. I just felt like you could do so much better.

And because of that. I felt this company could do a lot better.. I didn't feel like a confident CEO. I felt like maybe if I disappear.. Everyone would be better off... Isn't that the truth? If I never existed.. Everyone would be better off."

My heart shattered. I knew her well. But it seems like I didn't.

She put on a front. Where she was this strong person who protected the people she loved.

But underneath that. There was a child, a child who was used to people hating her, felt lonely and depressed. Someone who punished herself for every little mistake she ever made.

And I didn't see that child until today.

I held her in my arms. "that child doesn't exist anymore Kim.. That child has to disappear. And you have to let people care about you. Let your friends be close to you. Let us in."

She closed her eyes and nodded.

"I love you Yoongi. Thank you so much.."

I sighed in relief. "alright now let's finish working on everything for these vultures."

She laughed and we got back to work.