014

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Closer[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Present

Mingyu sat up after he felt a bit better. He already woke up yesterday night and went back to sleep as he still felt exhausted. Eunwoo was there nursing him, Mingyu only saw her when he was awake. “Eunwoo?” Mingyu called as he didn’t see her around. He turned and saw water. Feeling thirsty, he reached to pour himself some water. The sleep really helped him getting better as he felt refreshed.

Someone pushed the door opened. Mingyu saw Eunwoo. “Oh, you’re awake.”

“Did you go home?” Mingyu asked after he put the glass back. Eunwoo came to sit beside the bed.

“I did already. I just come to make sure you’re fine. Doctor said if you’re feeling better you can discharge anytime you wanted.”

“I skip my work today too…” Mingyu exhaled. Eunwoo hummed.

“Don’t worry about your work. Your boss already notified your supervisor.” Mingyu stared at Eunwoo.

“Huh?”

“Ah, I didn’t tell you yet. Do you think I can bring you to the hospital all by myself?” Eunwoo was cut off by Mingyu.

“I thought hyung helps you?”

“No, he’s out of the town this week.” Mingyu blinked. Eunwoo smiled. “Just lucky when I’m thinking of whom I can get help from, someone called your number. It’s your boss.”

“Who-”

“Jeon Wonwoo ssi. Hell, how did you know the big man of your working place?” Eunwoo said. Mingyu blinked and felt jittery.

“Wonwoo came?” Eunwoo nodded.

“Yeah, he helped me bring you here. He told me he knew you by accident at the company, some sort of incidents happened he didn’t say much.” Eunwoo stared at Mingyu. “Are you seducing him?”

“Hah?” Eunwoo tilted her head.

“But for the long I remember, you aren’t gay.” Mingyu grunted.

“I don’t seduce him okay? And about my uality, please don’t hate me, but I feel like I’m bi. Because I do find guys attractive at some point. I just found out this.” Mingyu suddenly remembered Jeonghan when he said that. Eunwoo looked at Mingyu.

“Then, Jeon Wonwoo ssi?” Mingyu stared at Eunwoo.

“I don’t know about him.” Mingyu looked away. “Anyway, thanks for bringing me to the hospital.” Eunwoo nodded.

“Tell it more to your boss, or should I address him your man?” Eunwoo wiggled her brows while Mingyu turned to her at instant and slapped her back. Eunwoo winced. “Auw, yo. Why so feisty?”

Mingyu grumbled and decided to ignore Eunwoo. Eunwoo just raised her brows and chortled. “So, do you want to discharge now or later? Because I will have my shift in an hour, so I need to go now. If you want to go now…” Eunwoo didn’t manage to finish her words when the door opened. They turned.

Wonwoo stepped inside. He smiled and bowed slightly to Eunwoo when he saw her. “Hello.”

“Ah, you’re here, Wonwoo ssi.” Eunwoo stood up. “Then, can you do me a favor?” Mingyu snapped his head to Eunwoo when he heard her words. Wonwoo looked at Eunwoo for answers.

“Yah, what are you trying to-” Mingyu grabbed Eunwoo’s arm. Eunwoo just smirked to him as she peeled Mingyu’s grip from her.

“I need to go to work, but Mingyu is allowed to discharge in an hour. Perhaps… you can help me bring him home? Not nice for sick people to go home alone.” Eunwoo gave her best grin. Mingyu tried to show his protest. Wonwoo just looked at them for a while before nodding.

“It’s fine with me, I’m free anyway.” Eunwoo beamed then turned to Mingyu.

“Great. Now, see you later Mingyu ah.” Eunwoo winked to him and patted Mingyu’s head. Mingyu whined lowly giving Eunwoo a death glare when she whispered to him. ‘Enjoy your date.’

“Damn you, Jeong Eunwoo.” Mingyu grumbled when he couldn’t stop Eunwoo from leaving. His eyes fell on Wonwoo. Wonwoo gave a smile to him. “You should know that I’m getting fever because of you.” Wonwoo chuckled and sat down on the seat where Eunwoo was earlier.

“I know, and I’m glad I checked on you. I save you, didn’t I?” Mingyu looked at Wonwoo.

“Right, why would you?” Mingyu groaned internally. He meant to say thank you but he didn’t know why he was being rude like that.

Wonwoo hummed. “Why you ask that?”

“Aren’t you out of danger if I died?” Mingyu said, suddenly he remembered what he and Wonwoo were. Come to think, Mingyu noticed now that after he found Wonwoo his sense on the mythical creature had become dull. He even could only faintly sense Wonwoo, or Junhui. He didn’t know why but he didn’t think of that before, perhaps he was enjoying the normal life he had. Now he was curious.

Wonwoo looked at Mingyu. “I don’t want to kill you. You know it already that I can’t do bad things or I will receive punishment from the deity. Junhui told you didn’t he?” Mingyu blinked.

“Ah.” Mingyu suddenly remembered. Wonwoo chuckled lightly when he saw the cuteness Mingyu accidentally emitted. Mingyu blushed when Wonwoo chuckled. “Why you’re laughing?”

“You’re just cute.” Mingyu’s heart stuttered to those words.

“I really didn’t want to say this, but… help me with my discharge.” Wonwoo smiled.

“Of course, your sister said it.”

“Eunwoo is not my sister, she is a distant family.” Wonwoo nodded. He knew it already but pretending not to.

“She’s pretty and nice.” Mingyu narrowed his eyes on Wonwoo.

“What? Do you like her?”

“Why not? She’s nice.” Mingyu gave a stink eye.

“Over my dead body, you fox.” Wonwoo just laughed and stood up.

“I’m going to settle about your discharge. Wait here for a while, okay?” Wonwoo said softly. He stepped closer to Mingyu. Mingyu stopped breathing for a second when Wonwoo ruffled his hair affectionately. “I will bring you home. Don’t get sick again, you make me worry.” Wonwoo said before leaving. Mingyu exhaled loudly, trying to calm down his beating heart.

‘What the hell?’

 

 

“Junjun?” Junhui looked up and saw Soonyoung entering his office. He smiled when their eyes met.

“Hey.”

“Dinner?” Junhui looked at the clock on his table.

“Gosh, this late already?”

Soonyoung chuckled. “Again, you’re working so hard to the point didn’t notice the time.” He walked behind Junhui, giving him some massage on the shoulder. Junhui sighed in contentment. “Want me to cook again?” Junhui shook his head.

“Let’s eat out.”

“Wonwoo?” Soonyoung asked. Junhui reached to connect with his assistant, Yuna. He knew she didn’t go home yet.

“Yuna, did Mr Jeon come back to the office?”

“No, he didn’t sir.”

“Is Jaehyeon with him?”

“He drove by himself today.”

Junhui bit his lips. “Okay, then. Thanks, you can go home if you want, Yuna. You’re done for today.”

“Okay, sir.”

“So?” Soonyoung asked after Junhui ended the call. Junhui hummed.

“I will figure out that later, let’s eat out.” Junhui said. Soonyoung nodded, stepping away as he let Junhui stood up. Soonyoung noticed Junhui’s worried expression.

“Jun.” Junhui hummed. “You’re worried about Wonwoo, don’t you?” Junhui smiled.

“I’m not worried, just a little bit concern… about him and Mingyu.”

“Why you don’t tell Mingyu who he is?” Junhui shook his head.

“Wonwoo didn’t want that. Plus… we think that Mingyu needs to fall in love with Wonwoo in order for the kiss to work.” Soonyoung frowned.

“What? That’s so unfair.” Junhui shrugged.

“I don’t know, Soon. We don’t have power on this. Fate… it’s all deity’s works.” Junhui said lowly. Soonyoung exhaled and wrapped his arms around Junhui.

“I… I’m afraid to lose you.” Junhui hugged Soonyoung.

“At times, I regret that you know all this. I don’t want you to suffer…” Soonyoung shook his head.

“You’re even crueler if you kept it from me.” Soonyoung loosened the hug. “At least now I can spend my time with you without regret. Let’s not waste any second we have right now.” Junhui nodded. Soonyoung reached to touch Junhui’s cheek. Junhui leaned into the warmth. “I love you, Jun. So much.” Junhui smiled.

“Thank you… I do, too.” Soonyoung just smiled to Junhui’s reply. He leaned in for a kiss and Junhui held Soonyoung closer, kissing back.

‘Let’s stay like this as long as we could.’

 

 

“Hey.” Mingyu startled because he freaking didn’t notice him at all when he boarded the bus. He turned and gave a smile.

“Hey, Jeonghan hyung.”

“I didn’t see you since Monday. Are you fine?” Mingyu nodded. He glanced around the bus stop.

“I’m fine now, just caught with fever.” Mingyu rubbed his nape. “Uh, hyung. I’m sorry about that day.” Jeonghan nodded.

“Well, it’s okay. We can go another day?” Mingyu nodded and smiled lightly. Wonwoo’s warning stuck at the back of his head and Mingyu tried to ignore it. “Hm, Mingyu.”

“Yes?”

“Are you free for lunch?” Jeonghan asked. Mingyu blinked few times.

“I often lunch with my team…”

“Can it be two of us today?” Jeonghan asked again. Mingyu bit his lips. He still felt bad about last Saturday but he also wanted to be careful, somehow he ended up listening to Wonwoo. He didn’t know why and he couldn’t put the logic in it but he took Wonwoo’s warning.

“Hm… okay. Let me buy you lunch because of the cancelled hangout.” Jeonghan beamed.

“Great. Meet here lunchtime okay?” Mingyu nodded.

“Okay.” Jeonghan waved his hand and walked away. Mingyu waved back before exhaling as Jeonghan already left.

‘Maybe I should observe hyung to know who is right in this matter. Jeonghan hyung looks nice…’

 

 

“Wonwoo?” Mingyu startled to see Wonwoo appeared at the café entrance. Like usual, he helped around in the weekend and today he was positioned to serve and welcome new customer. Wonwoo gave a smile to Mingyu.

“Hey.”

“How did you know I’m here?” Wonwoo chuckled.

“Mingyu, even though I’m excited to see you, this time it’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter