013

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The fox's journey[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Past

“Where am I?”

“This place called Moyen. The pit stop before you’re brought to the light, in order for you to enter heaven or hell depends on your deeds.” Wonwoo startled by the voice and turned. An old man with a tall cane stood before him.

“Why I’m here?”

“I believe you remembered that you’re dead.” Wonwoo blinked few times before he started to realize. He was dead, by his beloved’s grave. The old man smiled when he found Wonwoo remembered.

“Who are you? How can I go and meet Mingyu? I need to see him.”

“Me? I’m Moyen’s keeper, there’s no name I can introduce to you thou. About your next question… there’s a reason why you woke up here instead of next to the Light Door.” Wonwoo looked at the old man. “You remembered while you’re getting weaker before your death, you kept praying for a power so that you could get revenge?”

Wonwoo nodded. He did remember. Honestly, he remembered every single thing happened in his life.

“So the deity picked up your wish.” As the old man said, a white butterfly appeared and landed on the top of the old man’s cane. “So the deity wanted to make an offer for you.”

“What is it?” Wonwoo asked.

“I will give you a life, reborn as an immortal and powerful nine-tailed fox.” Wonwoo startled when he heard a voice.

“It’s the deity.” The old man said. Wonwoo just nodded.

“I will give you the chance to be revived, back to the world and revenge for your death. But there’s a price to this.” Wonwoo blinked.

“What is it?”

“You have done something bad in your life. Your recklessness had killed thousands people, even though I know you’re not that cruel. It was caused by you anyway, so it’s still your sins.” Wonwoo nodded.

“I’m aware… I have killed so many people under my command.”

“To atone your past sins, you will need to help people in need once you’re given this power. You’re not allowed to hurt anyone or you will be given a punishment. Use your power wisely.”

“You said immortal. I won’t be dead?”

“That’s another condition. You will be alive, atone your sins by helping people with your power as nine-tailed fox and only will die when you kissed your soulmate who could see the tails.”

“In another words, my life is depending on when my soulmate will appear.”

“Yes, Jeon Wonwoo.”

“What if I don’t agree for this?”

“Eventually, you will be sent to the hell once you stepped into the Light Door.” The old man said.

“And no revenge… as well as no meeting Kim Mingyu.”

Wonwoo stiffened to that name. “Then… if I’m alive, will I see him?”

“You will meet his incarnate. But I need to tell you that some incarnate only possessed the look, not everything. You have to see yourself which Kim Mingyu you wanted to see.” Wonwoo exhaled.

“For now… I want to revenge.”

“Okay, that’s given.”

“If I kill him… can you promise me that he won’t be alive again?”

“He’s done enough destruction to the world. The sins are so big, I won’t allow such mortals to be incarnated again. We have rules here.”

Wonwoo nodded. “That’s all I want to know.”

“Well, then. I will give you the power and also someone to help you along your way. He will be immortal too. And with his help, you will kill that person. After that, you’re free to live however you wanted but you must not fail to help people in need.”

Wonwoo nodded. “I understand.” The butterfly flew away.

“Close your eyes and you will wake up in the real world. Meet your partner there.” The old man said. Wonwoo closed his eyes and the old man chanted something as he raised his cane. A light came blinding them and Wonwoo found himself floating. He couldn’t open his eyes as the light was too bright.

 

 

Wonwoo was conscious again and this time he found himself lying near a river bank. He remembered the earlier happening and looked around, just to notice he wasn’t at the same place. When he looked closer, he realized he was on Earth. He had returned.

A whimpering sound gained his attention and Wonwoo turned. He found a guy lying beside him. He furrowed his brow as he was slightly familiar with the figure.

“Huh? Where am I?” Wonwoo frowned. Isn’t that voice…?

“Wen Junhui?” The guy turned. And Wonwoo gasped. It was indeed Junhui, Mingyu’s loyal man.

“I think that’s my name, as that old man said. But who are you?” Wonwoo frowned.

“You don’t remember me Junhui?”

“The old man said I don’t remember my past… and I’m dead. He said I was brought back to the world as a witch… and…” Junhui rubbed his head. “I don’t quite understand him but I remembered what he said.”

“Tell me what you remembered.”

“My name is Wen Junhui. I was told that I will be brought back to the world to help a… fox? Yeah, I need to help this fox for his purpose, that’s my purpose to be alive again. I knew I’m dead so I’m here in the world as a witch and I’m immortal. And I will return to the afterlife again when the fox died.” Junhui blinked few times. “That old man said when I opened my eyes I will meet the fox I need to help. But I don’t see one…” Junhui said and turned to Wonwoo. Wonwoo raised his brow. “You seemed to know my name?”

“Oh yeah.” Wonwoo nodded. “I think I will need to tell you stuffs from your past. But, about the fox.” Wonwoo paused as he stood and moved backward. He took a breath; somehow since he was awake earlier he could already feel the power in him and even had the knowledge on how to use it at the back of his head. Wonwoo exhaled and he managed to let out the tails. Junhui gasped.

“You.”

“Yeah, I’m the fox you need to help. A nine-tailed fox.” Wonwoo said as he moved his tails. He was admiring it thou, it’s pretty and he liked it. Junhui was staring as well, like Wonwoo, he thought it was pretty too.

“What’s your name?”

“Oh. I’m Jeon Wonwoo.” Wonwoo said. Junhui nodded.

“I do wonder if you’re able to fully turn into a fox.” Wonwoo shrugged.

“That’s for later. Right now, I need to tell you about why we’re back to the world and some stuffs about our past.” Junhui nodded. Wonwoo explained some important stuff first. Both of them decided to move from the river bank and find a shelter after that.

That remarked the start of the nine-tailed fox’s journey with his helper, the witch.

 

 

Junhui turned when he heard rustle at the door. He saw the Chihuahua-sized fox coming inside, waging its nine tails gracefully. Junhui smiled. “Welcome home, Wonwoo.” At that, the fox turned into a human. Wonwoo scoffed as he hid his tails.

“I miss human’s food.” Junhui just smiled.

“We will freely have it after we’re done with the plan, Wonwoo.” Wonwoo hummed. The two had gotten help from an old man that lived alone near a forest. They were given a place to stay, very small wooden house that quite have nothing in it except place to sleep. Because they had to stay hidden for anyone not to see them moreover the soldiers – as Junhui was pretty much a wanted person while Wonwoo was a dead king, so they stayed low. Wonwoo hunted for his own food, giving that he could live as a fox. While Junhui searched food on his own, mostly he helped the old man to go farming so he was able to get some food.

“What you have known so far? Will we get a chance near soon?” Wonwoo asked. Junhui hummed.

“I received some news but I still need to make sure. But for now, our plan could be done in the next full moon.” Wonwoo nodded.

“Did you already eat?” Junhui nodded to the question.

“One of the workers gave me something to eat.”

“Great.” Wonwoo hummed. “I still need to try hunting as a human.”

“Be careful if you’re going out… as a human.” Wonwoo nodded.

“I know.” He smiled to Junhui. Junhui smiled back and nodded.

 

 

“You…” Wonwoo didn’t let him finish his words as he stabbed the knife deep through the heart.

“I never forgive you, ever.” Wonwoo said softly and pulled back the knife, wrapped it before putting it in the bag he carried. He heard low jingling sound that he knew it’s Junhui’s signal to him so he turned into a fox. The dying male was gasping for breath, as he slowly turned weak. The fox didn’t look back and quickly moved to find Junhui who stood outside waiting. There were two guards lying unconscious near Junhui. Junhui saw the fox and quickly picked it up before chanting something, teleporting both of them outside the palace.

Unlike Wonwoo, Junhui didn’t really have instant control on his power. He learnt to control it over the time and also how to use it. As for now, he didn’t succeed to teleport himself and Wonwoo in human’s form. So they settled to the fox, even with that Junhui could only teleport to certain distance.

Wonwoo transformed back into human. There’s commotion inside the palace by the sound in their background. Junhui stared emptily at the wall. “They have found the dead king.” Wonwoo hummed.

“That Yoon is finally dead.”

“Don’t you want to know who will take the throne?” Junhui asked. Wonwoo shook his head.

“This kingdom has nothing to do with me anymore. We will be leaving the capital right at the dawn.” Junhui just nodded. Both of them sneakily left and made their way to the temporary stay.

On their way, through the woods, a glowing white butterfly accompanied them. Junhui noticed and frowned upon seeing it. Wonwoo saw and exhaled. “You’re here.” Junhui blinked to Wonwoo’s sudden words.

“I see you have done the revenge.” Junhui almost shrieked with the sudden unknown voice.

“Who…?” Wonwoo turned to Junhui, stopping on the track.

“You… don’t know?” Junhui shook his head.

“I didn’t visit him back in Moyen.” Wonwoo just nodded. “You don’t need to know me, mortal. Just enough you know that I know you.” The butterfly rested on Wonwoo’s shoulder. That’s when it’s down to Junhui. The voice came from the butterfly.

“What will I do from now?” Wonwoo asked.

“Your revenge is done, and now this is the time for you to atone your sins Jeon Wonwoo. Use your power to help people in need. Remember, you can’t do something bad or hurt anyone. There’s no excuse for that and you will be punished if you do bad things. Go travel, find a place and help people. You’re free to go anywhere, just remember your power is given to help not to destroy.”

“Okay… so I’m free to live anywhere I want.”

“Yes.”

“Until I find my soulmate and have that kiss.”

“Yes. Wen Junhui will assist you. From now on, if anything that’s not big, I will relay my message to Junhui. He will be beside you, always. It’s his fate. And your fate is as I said before.” Wonwoo exhaled.

“Okay, I get it.” Wonwoo turned to Junhui. “You don’t really need to listen so diligently. I mean, you can live your own life, don’t put like you’re only down to help me.”

“But it’s true.” Wonwoo sighed.

“Why you’re chosen to help me?” Junhui blinked.

“Huh?” Wonwoo shook his head.

“I have my reason. Now, you two should get going.” The butterfly flew up and left. Junhui just watched with fascinated face while Wonwoo exhaled. He was still questioning why among all, Junhui was sent to his side. He had killed Mingyu who was the one Junhui had been serving. He knew Junhui was very loyal to Mingyu and perhaps had a grudge on him – even though Junhui had said he was forgiven back then when they met after he asked Sewoon to bring him meeting Junhui. Wonwoo just couldn’t understa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter