020

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Gone with wind[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]He watched the very familiar guy stand proudly in the middle of a battlefield. No, not for a war but still a fight. He had been here for quite some time without anyone saw him standing here. He saw the guy knelt down. Something had been said but he couldn’t hear it, there’s something given to the kneeling male. Until then, a guy and a girl walked in rush to the kneeling guy. The two were wearing very nice robe, different from others on the battlefield. If he’s still correct, it looked like a royal outfit. Royal Family? But the outfit looked so ancient, not from what he ever saw as he grew up.

He watched and watched everything played before him. He couldn’t hear them talking but he feel it was very familiar. Their faces were not very clear but he didn’t really mind, because they’re all felt familiar to him. He was pulled by unknown force, bringing him to somewhere as the scene before him changed.

This time after so long that he remembered, he finally could hear voices.

“Crown Prince, meet my most trusted man, Wen Junhui.” He heard one of the guys standing before him said. He frowned to the familiar voice and name. ‘Isn’t that voice... me?’

“Your Highness Crown Prince.” The other guy said and gave his bow. He startled this time too. A familiar voice too.

“Nice to meet you, Junhui.” He totally flinched this time. That very, very familiar voice.

“I come to meet you because today is the first time I will leave the palace for a duty, as the general. I can’t be with you and I’m leaving Junhui with you, Crown Prince.” A silence as the guy addressed as Crown Prince looked at the trusted guy.

“I won’t doubt your belief on your man, but how about you? You know currently there’s rebellion group outside that would jump on any opportunity to threaten the palace.”

“Don’t worry, Junhui is not the only one man I can trust. I have right and left hand just like you, Crown Prince.”

“Mingyu...” He bit his lips. ‘I was right.’ He was right all along, the voices. He knew them... but not exactly. ‘A Crown Prince? A general? What was happening right now? Why...’

“Can you leave us alone for a while, Junhui?” He heard the Crown Prince said. The trusted guy nodded and left. Though he can’t see the surrounding clearly he believed they’re alone now.

“I can trust you right, Mingyu?”

“Yes. Like I said, before I fulfil my task to protect you, I won’t die.” The Crown Prince nodded. “Wonwoo, don’t worry.”

“Just come back safely.” The Crown Prince said nothing but pulled the general into his arms.

He couldn’t really understand. Who are they? Why... Before he could question more, suddenly someone rushed to them and the two separated from the hug.

“Mingyu oppa, are you really going?” He froze. No, that voice.

“Yes, Princess. I will return.”

“Be careful.” The Princess hugged the general. Even it’s not clear, he could feel the stare the prince had on the two. A tinge of jealousy.

“Eunwoo, did you run from the lesson again?” The Princess released the hug and pouted.

“Oppa, can you just ignore that fact for once? I want to say goodbye to Mingyu oppa too.” The general chuckled.

“It’s not that I will be going for a war. I will come back in jiffy. Gosh, you two are overacting.”

“Take that because we love you.” The Princess said nonchalantly. The two guys stunned for a while but then smiling.

He blinked. This, this scene. The three of them. His tears fell, he didn’t know how but some force came to him and he found his answer.

“You’re my past life.”

Mingyu opened his eyes jerking awake. He blinked few times as his eyes fixed on the blank white ceiling. He took some time to recall his dream, the fact that came along with it. At the same time, he felt wet. He did cry. Mingyu reached to wipe it. “Oh god, I have met them in the past.” Mingyu chuckled to himself when he realized. “My fate with them was still strong.” Mingyu smiled. At that moment, he remembered something, or exactly someone. He turned to his side just to find an empty space. Mingyu frowned. He noticed the sunlight peeking through the curtain, possibly already 9 in the morning.

“Wonwoo?” Mingyu sat up, looking around the room. Empty and silence. He felt restless. “Maybe he’s up early.” Mingyu quickly got down from the bed, began to search for the said guy.

Mingyu looked into the bathroom. Another empty space. Something was bugging him and Mingyu didn’t like it. He rushed out from the bedroom, feeling unsatisfied until he saw Wonwoo before his eyes. His bad feelings kept pushing him down. Mingyu paused when his head spun. Not in a bad way, he was presented with whole memory of his past, as the general. Mingyu fell on his knees when it stopped. His tears flowed again, this time because of the heartache he felt. He was shown till the moment he was killed, he felt what the general felt. The immense love for his best friend, his Crown Prince. Mingyu felt suffocated with the overwhelming feelings.

He took a moment before whimpering out that later turned into a shout. “Wonwoo. Wonwoo, where are you?” Mingyu got up, began to search for that guy. The fox, the immortal. Mingyu had questions but above all, he wanted to know that Wonwoo was there. Because he had a feeling Wonwoo was gone.

Mingyu searched everywhere in the house. No Wonwoo. No answer. Mingyu shivered when he felt cold creeping into his spine. He had a feeling but he wanted to deny it. Mingyu went to get his phone, calling Wonwoo’s number in his new phone. Wonwoo had bought him a new one when Mingyu told him he lost his phone. Wonwoo had saved his number and few important numbers in Mingyu’s new phone. For now only those numbers existed in the list as Mingyu didn’t remember his co-workers’ numbers. Mingyu’s heart thundered so loud when the operator talked to him instead of a ring. He called few times but none of it got through. Mingyu searched for another number in his contact list, Junhui’s. The same result, he called the same number few times before trying to call the number Wonwoo left for him. It’s a number of someone from the guard team that Wonwoo arranged to guard Mingyu.

But before he could press the call button, someone rang the doorbell. Mingyu didn’t think much, thinking it might be Wonwoo even though it’s ridiculous for owner to ring the bell. He ran to the door.

“Won-”

“Hey, you’re up, Mingyu.” Mingyu found Soonyoung and a familiar guy at the door. If Mingyu remembered correctly, the guy was Jaehyeon that the one who came here recently. Mingyu noticed Soonyoung’s face looked... terrible. His eyes were puffy.

“Good morning, sir.” Mingyu blinked, he startled that Jaehyeon addressed him formally. Soonyoung caught the surprise on Mingyu’s face. Soonyoung gave a smile to him.

“Can we come in? I was ordered to tell you everything once the time came.” Soonyoung said.

Mingyu looked clueless but he let them in anyway. He wanted to ask about Wonwoo because it was his priority at the moment but something stopped him. He had a feeling that whatever Soonyoung was about to tell him was related to his current concern.

The three of them sat down on the couch in the living room. Mingyu watched the two. Soonyoung gave a nod to Jaehyeon when the guy turned to him. Jaehyeon nodded back and took something out from his briefcase. A blue file. He placed it on the coffee table and pushed it towards Mingyu. Mingyu looked at them. Jaehyeon cleared his throat. “I’m here to do my job that had been ordered by Jeon Wonwoo ssi and Wen Junhui ssi. Before you hear the story from Kwon Soonyoung ssi, I will do my job first.” Jaehyeon signalled Mingyu to take the file. Mingyu took and opened it, reading through the first page of the document inside. He frowned and looked up at them in surprise. It was a legal document stating that MoZ Corporation ownership had been transferred from Wonwoo’s name to his. From Jeon Wonwoo to Kim Mingyu.

“What is...?”

“I’m Jeon Wonwoo ssi assistant, bodyguard and as well as personal lawyer. I’m in charge of his will and assets. And I’m here to personally inform you about his will, that specifically left for you, Kim Mingyu ssi.” Mingyu looked lost. Soonyoung just watched and stayed silent. Jaehyeon took out another file in hardcover. Jaehyeon opened it and started to read out loud. “I, Jeon Wonwoo, left MoZ Corporation in Kim Mingyu’s hand. All my shares in that company, as well as my position, will be in his hand if anything happened to me and my friend Wen Junhui. I appointed Kim Mingyu as my heir given that I have none. As for my personal assets, like stated in the documents had been divided accordingly.” Jaehyeon presented the will to Mingyu. Mingyu took and read it. Jaehyeon cleared his throat. “You can look at the blue file about the assets he talked about. Important part that you need to know for now, this house and MoZ Corporation are yours as mentioned.” Mingyu looked at them.

“If anything happened.... where are they? Where is Wonwoo? Junhui?” Mingyu started to question. Jaehyeon stood up.

“My part is done here. Everything else will be explained by Soonyoung ssi.” Jaehyeon said. Soonyoung nodded and thanked him. “I will be outside if you need me.” Jaehyeon left. Mingyu stared at Soonyoung.

“Tell me.”

Soonyoung exhaled. “Junhui knew you will be pushy like this. He said you’re not that different from our general.” Mingyu paused.

“General. You’re talking about a general? My past life?” Soonyoung blinked.

“You... know?”

Mingyu took a breath before answering. “I... think? I mean, I dreamt about it then I felt it. I’m still confused. I want to ask Wonwoo, I...” Soonyoung sighed.

“I’m sorry, you can’t. They’re gone.” Mingyu froze. Soonyoung continued. “Junhui trusted me to tell you everything and I’m here to tell you. I don’t remember of that past life but I have known that I have a past life with Junhui, and also you, the general. I’m one of the trusted men for the general.”

“You’re the other hand.” Mingyu breathed out.

“Yes.” Soonyoung exhaled. “Some time ago, Junhui gave me a necklace. It’s an amulet, he told me that when the amulet disappeared means that he and Wonwoo will return to where they belonged. You know what are they, right? Junhui told me you’re a hunter.” Mingyu nodded. “Both of them are not what they’re from born. They’re reborn from death, to do something.”

Mingyu let Soonyoung continued. “If you already remembered that past life, you must know that the general died in the King’s hand. In other word, the past you died in Wonwoo’s hand.” Mingyu nodded. “Do you recall why you’re killed?” Mingyu stayed silent for a while.

“Something like argument? Resentment?”

“Tricked and betrayal, and maybe anger.” Soonyoung said. “Wonwoo was betrayed by his prime minister, who staged you to be a betrayal to the kingdom. You were accused trying to dethrone the King. Your army, including me and Junhui was sent for war to a dead land in hope that we, specifically you, will die there and that suggestion was under that prime minister’s influence. Wonwoo somehow... turned a puppet king for that greedy minister who wanted that throne. Upon our leaving to that land, Eunwoo, the princess had fallen sick due to protest on her brother. She believed in the general, her love, won’t go against the King. If you remembered, the princess, the King and the general are playmates since young.”

“I remember that. I remember the general rejected the princess because she’s just like his sister.” Soonyoung just nodded.

“The princess died. And then the army returned after winning the war. The army was denied to enter the capital and...”

“I remember. I remember how that day went.” Soonyoung nodded in understanding.

“Then, if you remembered that much.” Soonyoung took a breath. “Wonwoo lived pitifully after that. His sister is dead, he killed his best friend who he loved dearly. Yes, Wonwoo loves the general deeply. But being the King, he couldn’t follow his heart. He held a responsibility, but he’s selfish too. He couldn’t stand the fact that his sister loves the general more than her brother and even could freely express it while Wonwoo can’t. Wonwoo resented it, blaming that it’s the general’s fault for princess’s death leading him to kill the general. But when he knew his sword was poisoned, Wonwoo knew something is wrong. He regretted that day. But he didn’t have the time to straighten the fault in his action. Not long after the general’s death, Wonwoo grew weaker and sick. He was poisoned all along, in his tea that served to him thrice a week. When Wonwoo found out who was behind the poison on the sword and in the tea, he was late as he couldn’t be cured anymore. Wonwoo knew karma is coming to him so he gave up on life. He continued his routine and even still took the poisoned tea. He prayed to the god that the prime minister will be punished even he’s dead. Just a little luck, Wonwoo had a loyal servant beside him. The servant went to search for Junhui, who was still alive living in shadow when the prime minister put a warrant on him. Wonwoo managed to meet Junhui, asking for the forgiveness and all. It’s like another blow for Wonwoo, Junhui told Wonwoo that the general pleaded him not to go and kill Wonwoo even asked Junhui to protect Wonwoo in his place. Wonwoo realized he just killed someone who cared for him deeply. They loved each other, somehow.”

Mingyu looked down. The story hit home so hard. He couldn’t stop his tears. Soonyoung’s eyes were glistening too and he took a breath before continued again. “Junhui brought Wonwoo to see the general’s grave. And... that night, the King died.” Mingy sniffled. “Junhui and the servant intended to bring the King back to the palace but they’re attacked and killed.” Mingyu looked at Soonyoung. “The deity listened to Wonwoo’s wish, for the evil to be punished. And that’s why he was reborn. As the nine-tailed fox, to get his revenge. Kill the evil prime minister.”

“The prime minister...”

“After the King died, the minister had planned to make himself appointed as the next King as there’s no heirs. He stepped up to the throne, becoming King Yoon Jeonghan.” Mingyu froze.

“That...”

“Yes, as you thought. The past life of Yoon Jeonghan you know.” Mingyu shivered.

“Wonwoo was reborn, so do Junhui to help Wonwoo achieved his revenge. Junhui was chosen to aid Wonwoo because of his promise to the general to protect Wonwoo, Junhui was reborn without any memory of his past, he only regained it later.” Soonyoung paused exhaling heavily. He kept away the story of how Junhui remembered his past life. “They did it, they killed the evil Yoon. But there’s a catch in being reborn as the nine-tailed fox.” Mingyu looked at Soonyoung. He could feel they’re getting closer to the reason he needed to know. He didn’t know why Soonyoung decided to delay what he wanted to know by telling him all this but he could guess Soonyoung wanted him to understand everything very well before they went to the main point.

Soonyoung took a heavy breath. “The deity won’t oversee the destruction Wonwoo had done when he’s alive, killing innocent people that affected by the war he launched, even though it’s under the evil minister’s influence. It’s still Wonwoo’s sin and he had to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter