021

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Few years later[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Few years passed just like that. Mingyu had been steadily became the young and successful CEO of MoZ Corporation. He earned the trust as he promised that one year. It was hard to win the directors’ favour at the beginning but he was acknowledge as he managed to stabilize their existing business in clothing and accessories, even expanded their wing into food manufacturing and hotel by opening their own food factory and also two hotels. With that, MoZ stood tall and strong unchallenged. The enmity with Juji was eliminated when Mingyu personally went to them and discussed over the rivalry. It was handful to achieve peace but Mingyu managed to do it, given that the current CEO of Juji also met eyes with Mingyu’s aim. The two companies turned from rival to friend that they worked together side by side when there’s opportunity for them to collaborate.

In these years, Mingyu never stopped. He kept working nonstop, making himself busy with works. He enjoyed it, yes, but underneath he was just to run from thinking about Wonwoo. He didn’t want to break down, he learnt to accept and he did, but at times he couldn’t help himself. Mingyu found works help him from thinking and that’s how he turned workaholic. Well, it had many good things from that, the only bad thing was Mingyu pushed himself too much and he also put a barrier around him. He didn’t look genuinely happy, no one noticed except two persons. Soonyoung and Eunwoo.

Soonyoung had become like Mingyu, a workaholic just to run from thinking about Junhui. But he’s different from Mingyu. He knew when to stop, when to put a break. He didn’t push himself thorough and thorough, he set a limit. And that made Soonyoung worried about Mingyu who didn’t stop. Over the years, Mingyu had fainted few times due to exhaustion. Soonyoung tried to talk with the young CEO but Mingyu didn’t really listen. He really didn’t know what to do and only could watch over Mingyu while giving supports.

Before he entered the company as the new CEO, Mingyu had met Eunwoo and told her everything. Eunwoo also revealed to him that she had a dreamt about her past life on the same night but she didn’t really understand it until she went to meet Soonyoung, as Mingyu kept avoiding her. Mingyu apologized right away, telling her that he didn’t know how to explain thinking Eunwoo didn’t know anything about the past life. Eunwoo forgave him and the two friends went back to normal. She touched the topic about Wonwoo at that time too but Mingyu assured her that he was fine.

Eunwoo replaced Mingyu’s place in Team A and worked with them when Mingyu brought her to work with him three months after he became the CEO. She instantly became friends with the others and Mingyu was glad to it. Everyone knew Eunwoo’s relation to Mingyu and they’re talking about it at first but Eunwoo shut them up with her capability. She’s an excellent worker that no one could question her privilege coming into the company with Mingyu’s help. Eunwoo would visit Mingyu at his office sometimes, in which pulled Team A’s interest to tease them. But everyone noticed the two looked like siblings more than anything. Like Soonyoung, Eunwoo also nagged at Mingyu many times about his workaholic behaviour. Mingyu had always listened to her and still did the same, but not about this matter. Her words also didn’t get through him in which makes Eunwoo frustrated. She was upset moreover when the news of Mingyu fainted came to her. But Mingyu still didn’t listen.

Both of them didn’t know what to do with Mingyu.

 

 

“Busy?” Mingyu flinched a bit when someone’s voice heard in a close distance. He looked up just to see Seungcheol in front of his desk. Seungcheol smiled. Mingyu exhaled.

“You startled me. Where’s manner of knocking first, hyung?” Mingyu gave a look. Seungcheol laughed.

“You’re the one who didn’t listen. I knock three times and was ignored.”

“Liar.” Mingyu retorted. Seungcheol huffed.

“You really think I’m so bad, huh?” Seungcheol said as he sat down in front of Mingyu without invitation. Not that he needed it anyway; they’re closed and no need courtesy. Mingyu chuckled.

“You’re bad, very bad from head to toes.”

“So meanie.” Seungcheol clicked his tongue. “Busy?” He asked for the second time. Mingyu looked at the document he was reading earlier and glanced at one stack on his table.

“Still fine. Why you appeared here?” Mingyu asked. Even though it’s not weird that Seungcheol suddenly popped up in his office, Mingyu would still ask anyway. Given that this guy wasn’t holding any official position in this company, Seungcheol would still come in which mostly for Mingyu.

“I need your help.”

“I figured.” Mingyu sassed back. Seungcheol pouted.

“Can you for once not throwing sassy remarks?”

“Can you for once not teasing me? Huh, hyung?” Seungcheol sighed.

“Fine. Fine. Be sassy, I like it anyway.” Seungcheol grinned. Mingyu threatened to throw his pen in which Seungcheol laughed. “Okay, okay.”

“You promise me, hyung.”

“I move on, gee. I’m just kidding.” Mingyu stared at Seungcheol. Seungcheol raised his brow. “You are well-informed my infamous status as Casanova, right?” Mingyu rolled his eyes.

“Yes, very well. And I have a hunch that you need my help for your latest girlfriend, or boyfriend, whatever mood you had currently.” Seungcheol grinned. Mingyu scoffed. “Can you for once not involve in troubles, hyung? No wonder Jaehyeon gives up on you.”

“This time, I swear it’s different kind of trouble!” Seungcheol said quickly. Mingyu gave him a look. “Okay... there’s a guy I like.”

“Not your boyfriend yet?” Seungcheol nodded. “That’s new.”

“Shut up. Let me finish first.” Mingyu exhaled.

“You talk till the end but I’m not guarantee I will help you.” Mingyu said bored. Seungcheol looked at him closely.

“You will help me, because if you don’t, I will tell Soonyoung and Eunwoo about last month you fainted again...” Mingyu groaned. Seungcheol had played that card now.

“ you, hyung. Fine, tell me now. I don’t have time.” Mingyu grunted. Seungcheol grinned.

“You said earlier you’re not busy.”

“Choi Seungcheol, you better not test my patience or else.” Mingyu glared at Seungcheol.

Seungcheol smiled. “You’re always cute when you’re mad. Stop making me fall.” Seungcheol said. Mingyu narrowed his eyes. “I’m kidding, my heart already taken by this guy. You can rest assure. But I’m not kidding about you’re cute.”

Mingyu stayed silent. A memory came to him and he looked in spaces. Seungcheol noticed and exhaled. “You remember him again, right?”

Mingyu smiled lightly. “Just continue your story earlier, hyung. I’m curious about this guy who takes a Casanova’s heart and what I can do to help you.” Seungcheol nodded. He knew Mingyu wouldn’t want to talk about him for now.

After some time becoming close friends, Seungcheol confessed to Mingyu that he felt something for the younger in the romantic way. He’s a natural born flirt; he would never hide his feelings and could easily express it in words. He fell for Mingyu and he told the younger. Mingyu explained to the elder about his feelings that only saw Seungcheol as a good friend who he could rely and comfortable with. Seungcheol understood it thou and he realized he won’t have a chance when Mingyu told him about his heart only able to love one man and no one else. From there, Seungcheol knew about Wonwoo and Mingyu when he asked Soonyoung regarding the man Mingyu loved deeply. He realized he couldn’t beat someone who is fated as Mingyu’s soulmate. Seungcheol once had feelings for Mingyu and it was second time for him to fall in love, his first love was a girl back in his college year. People said the third time’s a charm and Seungcheol finally fell in love for the third time, he was determined not to let it slip away.

“Wait. Why you want me to pretend as your boyfriend?” Mingyu asked in disbelief after he heard the story and the help Seungcheol wanted. Seungcheol sighed.

“He knew my reputation as a Casanova.”

“Then? Introducing me as your boyfriend would only-”

“He never show any emotion when I’m flirting with others, anyone. But he slightly disturbed when he saw your picture on my phone.” Mingyu frowned.

“Wait a second, my picture? On your phone?” Mingyu said confusedly. Seungcheol smiled sheepishly and showed his phone. Mingyu widened his eyes when he saw Seungcheol’s lock screen photo. It was his picture with Seungcheol that taken few years ago during Soonyoung’s birthday. They played a Truth or Dare game and Mingyu was dared to have a selfie with Seungcheol who back-hugged him and used that as his wallpaper for two days. At that time, their circle of friends (Eunwoo, Soonyoung, Jaehyeon and Team A members) knew about Seungcheol’s interest on Mingyu but Seungcheol didn’t confess yet. “What on Earth you still have that photo and used it as your lock screen? Hyung?”

Seungcheol chuckled. “Of course I keep it, it’s a good photo. And I think it’s nice to be my lock screen.”

“People will misunderstand that. How did you manage to flirt and date previously when you have that photo on your phone?” Mingyu couldn’t believe it. Seungcheol just smiled.

“I rarely used my personal phone on date. You know I have two phones right?” Mingyu scoffed. Right, what a great move. Mingyu mumbled out his thought. “Hey, I’m just like every business man who separated their personal life from work.” Mingyu wanted to laugh.

“Of course, you’re... someone needed two phones.” Seungcheol just smiled. He wasn’t a typical businessman. He’s related to the underground business, but nothing against law. His work at least needed some shadow. “Anyway. So this Lee Jihoon showed reaction to my picture?”

Seungcheol nodded. “Not that big but he never, ever ask me about anyone around me, somehow he did this time. He asked me who are you when he saw the picture. He was being cute when I ask him why he asked. With some cute blushes, he told that he never saw you with me and all curious .” Mingyu nodded lightly.

“Sounds like a cutie.” Seungcheol glared at Mingyu.

“He’s cute yes, but don’t ever think to snatch him away. He’s off limit.” Mingyu raised his brow.

“Wow, possessive.” Seungcheol huffed and crossed his hands in front of his chest leaning into the seat. Mingyu just smiled to see that. “You’re really in love with him, hyung.” Seungcheol looked away as he blushed.

“Shut up.”

“Okay, okay. I will help, I don’t really see what you gain from this except some reactions. My advice, you should just go and confess like you always do.” Mingyu said. Seungcheol looked at him and shook his head.

“I... I want to do different way this time. I don’t want to lose him.” Seungcheol said, sincere was heavy in his voice. Mingyu looked at him before smiling.

“I hope you will have him in the end of the day. Because I’m sure he’s the best for you.” Seungcheol just smiled. Mingyu nodded. “But this plan of you could backfire. Let me make changes a bit.” Seungcheol raised his brow while Mingyu called up someone. A knock at his door and Mingyu called the person inside.

“Yes, sir?” Yuna stepped in.

“I’m free tonight, right?” Yuna unlocked her I-pad and nodded after a while. Mingyu nodded. “Great, can you clear Soonyoung hyung’s schedule as well? And made arrangement to invite Team A from sales department for a dinner. Make reservation at nearby restaurant, I don’t mind the menu.” Yuna nodded. “Oh, call in for Jaehyeon too.” Yuna nodded again. Mingyu turned to Seungcheol. “If you call up for your man for a group dinner, how many will come?” Seungcheol blinked.

“Uh... he- he probably dragged his cousin and his close co-workers. Let’s make it to four people including him.” Seungcheol answered. Mingyu nodded.

“Then, Yuna. You reserve a room for 15 people, I think Jingwi hyung will drag his husband. They can’t be separate anymore after working hours.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter