022

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Our string of fate[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Everybody was enjoying themselves. The gathering happened once a while and of course they will cherish time like this. Mingyu didn’t remember when the last time they gathered like this. Even when he became the CEO, he’s still closed with Team A members and then Eunwoo worked with them too. Mingyu nudged Soonyoung telling him he’s going to the toilet. Soonyoung nodded and continued talking with Eunwoo and Jini. Mingyu got up and left the room.

He went to the toilet. After finishing his business, Mingyu stared at himself on the mirror. Bending down, he washed his face with the cold water. “Are you okay Mingyu?” Mingyu flinched a bit and looked up. He saw his former boss.

“Jingwi hyung.”

“I scared you, isn’t it?”

“A bit but it’s fine.” Mingyu smiled.

“Something in your mind? You looked not really okay, ever since you arrived. Well, at first I thought it’s because of the plan with Seungcheol but you stayed the same after Seungcheol left just now.” Mr Hwang said. Mingyu exhaled.

“I don’t know either. I don’t know what’s in my head right now.” Mingyu exhaled again.

“You know you can come to me if you have troubles, right?” Mingyu nodded.

“Thanks, hyung.” Mingyu smiled. “I don’t know, I guess it’s just I miss him again.” Mingyu smiled bitterly. Mr Hwang looked at him for a while before patting his back.

“It had been few years. I know it’s hard for you but I’m proud seeing you keep living well. Eum, minus the ‘too hardworking’ part.” Mingyu chuckled. “I know it’s your way to cope with whatever you’re feeling but it’s not healthy.”

“I know, hyung. It’s just I can’t stop.” Mingyu sighed. Mr Hwang squeezed the shoulder a little.

“How about you go signed up for something? Like some hobby or something? You should take some break. You worked so hard these past years. You win the shareholders’ heart successfully. MoZ had rise higher since you became CEO. You deserve some break.” Mr Hwang said. Mingyu thought deeply about the advice. Not that he ever heard of those words before from Soonyoung and Eunwoo, Mingyu just suddenly opened up to Mr Hwang’s words tonight. “Drowning into works not the only solution to cope with life. There are many things you can do. Go for something you like and enjoy. While taking some break, you should start concern about your health. You’re fainted a little bit too much lately.”

Mingyu sighed deeply. “I’m aware.”

“Well, you’re aware but not stopping.” Mingyu exhaled.

“Habit. Working became a habit and I didn’t realize until my body started to protest.” Mingyu looked down. Mr Hwang held his shoulder.

“It’s time to tweak that habit. That’s why I suggest you to do something you enjoy. You, like this now, worrying many people. Soonyoung is worried, your friend Eunwoo also worried. I believe Jaehyeon and Seungcheol feel the same. Even I’m worried too.” Mingyu looked at Mr Hwang. The man smiled softly. For a second, Mingyu felt the warmth of a father from him. “Think of it okay?”

Mingyu nodded. “Thanks, hyung.”

“It’s okay. Again, come to me if you need anything. Don’t forget you have many people you can rely on.” Mingyu smiled and nodded. Mr Hwang gave one arm hug before patting his back. Mingyu smiled again, feeling thankful.

Both of them returned to the room again. Soonyoung and Eunwoo watched them, exchanging some looks with Mr Hwang. He gave a smile to both of them and they nodded lightly. Mingyu sat back, oblivious to the exchanged interaction. He joined conversation with Jini and Junseok. Some minutes into talking, Mingyu felt his phone vibrated and he took it out. At the same time, Jihyeong was telling them he’s going back as he couldn’t stay long because of his son.

Mingyu read the message he received. He smiled. Jihyeong was calling Mingyu to bid his goodbye. Mingyu looked up. “You’re going home already hyung?” Jihyeong nodded. Mingyu smiled. “You can go after I’m telling this news.” Mingyu said, attracting the others to him.

“What?” Eunwoo asked.

“Seungcheol hyung sent a message to me. Happy news, he is now not single and not available anymore.” Mingyu broke the news. They smiled and clapped cheering. Mingyu just smiled and his eyes fell on Jaehyeon. He beamed when he saw the relief in those black irises. More than anyone else, Jaehyeon would be the happiest person for this news. Of course, he loved his uncle no matter how embarrassing that guy can be and he relieved that finally his uncle found love again.

They made a toast for that happy news before Mingyu suggested it’s time to leave. Jihyeong left first and they left one by one. Mingyu was drove back by Jaehyeon to the house after sending Eunwoo home. Mingyu entered his room that once was Wonwoo’s, discarded his cloth and took a shower. After showering and wrapped in his pyjamas, Mingyu went to the kitchen to make some tea and he sat by the big window in the living room. He remembered something as he sipped his warm tea.

“Why you’re here?” Mingyu turned when he heard that voice. Wonwoo was standing beside him, looking outside the window.

“I’m just seeing outside.” Mingyu said and turned to the window as well. It was raining; soft pit-patters heard when the drops hit the window.

“Are you remembering the time you follow me around back then? I remember seeing you there from here.” Wonwoo pointed to somewhere. Mingyu startled.

“You saw?” Wonwoo chuckled and turned to Mingyu. They faced each other.

“You need to remember that I’m a mythical creature. I have unique sense.” Mingyu hummed. “But.”

“But?” Mingyu looked puzzle. Wonwoo reached to hold Mingyu’s hands. Mingyu just stared at him.

“Ever since we met, I seemed can’t sense like that anymore. Except you.” Mingyu blinked, a little bit surprise. “I only can sense you. That’s how I can always come to you.” Wonwoo smiled softly.

“Really?”

“Remember the time at the cinema? I do hear the plan but I just sense your whereabouts, that’s how I found you precisely.” Mingyu stayed silent. Wonwoo bit his lips. “But that wasn’t working when you’re captured. I should have found you earlier. But I can’t sense you, I’m panicked. I... if I can sense you quickly, you won’t...”

Mingyu pulled Wonwoo for a hug. “You’re not too late, Wonwoo. I’m saved. You saved me.” Mingyu said. Wonwoo nodded and hugged Mingyu tightly.

“Yes, I saved you. And I’m glad.”

Mingyu flinched when he felt wet on his cheeks. He reached up and noticed he cried. Mingyu quickly dried his tears. “I can’t believe this...” Mingyu sighed. It was unconscious reaction. He had stopped crying over Wonwoo long ago. But there’s time when he was too deep into memories, the tears just formed without restrain and control.

“I guess... I miss you too much, Wonwoo.” Mingyu exhaled pulling his knees closer to his chest, resting his chin on it as he gazed into the darkness outside.

 

 

Another day of working, Mingyu rested his back against the backrest of his seat. He stared at the office’s ceiling. As he tried to take a rest, a knock on his door heard. “Come in.” Yuna opened the door and stood at the door.

“Sir, the meeting is going to start in 5 minutes.” Mingyu looked at her for a while before exhaling. He almost forgot about it actually. Mingyu nodded to her and straightened his back. He tidied up his desk a bit before standing up wearing his coat. Yuna was waiting at the door to him. Mingyu buttoned up his suit properly before picking up a document. He walked to Yuna, the lady took the document from Mingyu. Mingyu walked out from his office followed by Yuna. The junior assistants who noticed Mingyu quickly got up and bowed at him. Mingyu just flashed his smile and walked with Yuna to the elevator.

Mingyu fixed his dark blue suit as he looked at the little reflection on the elevator wall. “Did you pass the file I told you earlier to Mr Jung already?” Mingyu asked. Mr Jung was the COO that replaced the dismissed man.

“Yes, sir. I did earlier. Mr Jung said he will take a look on it and report back to you by tomorrow morning.” Mingyu nodded. They arrived at the floor and walked out. The two made their ways to the meeting room. Yuna opened the door for Mingyu after a nod from the male.

The four males inside the meeting room instantly got up when Mingyu appeared at the door. “Good afternoon, sir.” Mingyu nodded to their greeting. They sat down after Mingyu. Mingyu looked at them and started their meeting right away.

“Where’s Mr CEO?” At the top floor, Seungcheol asked one of the junior assistants after he found Mingyu’s office is empty.

“He’s in the meeting currently.” Seungcheol formed an O.

“Will it be long?”

“They just started 20 minutes ago. I think it will last more than an hour.” Seungcheol exhaled.

“Is your CMO in?” Seungcheol asked again. The assistant asked him to wait for a while as she checked with the main assistant for Soonyoung. She turned to Seungcheol again some moment later.

“He’s on the way back from a site visit.”

“Is he free?” She nodded.

“He had an hour before a meeting with the marketing team.”

“I can wait for him here right?” Seungcheol asked pointing to the couch across her desk.

“Yes, I will inform his assistant that you’re waiting for Mr Kwon.” Seungcheol nodded and walked to the couch, waiting while playing with his phone. While he’s at that, he received text on Kakaotalk.

Honey: Where are you?

Cheol: At MoZ. I’m meeting Soonyoung. Mingyu is in the meeting :(

Honey: Why you’re there? :/

Cheol: Are you getting jealous there?

Honey: NO!

Cheol: *kissy face emoticon*

Honey: Choi Seungcheol.

Cheol : *laugh emoticon* I came for business actually. I will explain later
when we met okay. Well, if you can’t believe me, you can confirm with Chan.

Cheol: I will pick you up later?

Cheol: Jihoonie?

Cheol: Jihoon?

Cheol: Baby?

Cheol: Are you mad?

Honey: STOP SPAMMING. I’m working, ttyl.

Honey: I will wait for you.

Honey: *kissy face emoticon* *running emoticon*

Seungcheol chuckled. The assistants turned to his way. Seungcheol noticed he was a bit too loud and just smiled to them apologetically. “Someone is so happy.” Seungcheol startled and noticed Soonyoung was walking towards him. Seungcheol got up. “You want to meet me?”

“Yeah, some business. Won’t take much time.” Seungcheol said. Soonyoung nodded. Recently Seungcheol would come and talked about business with either him or Mingyu. The guy tried to set up something new and he went for some advice from the two. After Seungcheol getting together with his current lover, the guy wouldn’t visit MoZ without business purpose knowing his lover didn’t really like him hanging out with Mingyu a bit too much. Seungcheol knew that and he wanted to show Jihoon that he’s serious with him so he came here less.

“Let’s get into my office. Seolhyun, make us latte.” Soonyoung said to his assistant. She nodded and left. The two guys went into the office. They talked about business for couple of minutes before the assistant came with the latte.

“Thanks, Soonyoung.” Soonyoung nodded. “Are you tight on schedule?” Seungcheol asked. The CMO glanced to the clock.

“No, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter