011

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Cloudy spring[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Present

“Hey.” Mingyu snapped his head to the source of voice. His eyes shot laser. The owner of the voice just gave a light smile.

“One, can you stop suddenly popping out of nowhere? Two, how many times I told you not to be oh-so-nice with me, Mr Chairman?” Wonwoo grinned to Mingyu’s words.

“Erm, I didn’t pop out of nowhere. I was walking through this hallway and saw you here. Ouh and, I didn’t count that but I think it’s not necessary to say so because I’m always nice?” Wonwoo said in playful tone. Mingyu groaned out of annoyance and opted to walk away. He needed to send the file in his hand quickly anyway. Wonwoo followed behind him. Mingyu gritted his teeth as he heard the squeak of shoes following him. Abruptly, he stopped and turned back. Wonwoo managed to stop right before he stumbled onto Mingyu but that made them standing so close.

Mingyu was flustered when their eyes matched so close; the warm breath tingled on his skin. Wonwoo just flashed a smile. Mingyu stumbled back, rolling his eyes to cover his nervous heart. “Why you’re following me?” Wonwoo raised his brow to the question.

“Eum, I’m going that way?” Mingyu huffed and turned again, feeling his cheeks got heated by the answer from Wonwoo. Wonwoo was amused when he noticed the ears were red. Mingyu continued walking, this time with force as he wanted to escape Wonwoo. Wonwoo chuckled and let the male go first, he had enough for teasing him today. He picked a liking to make interactions with Mingyu every way possible and he loved to see the flustered Mingyu every time he teased the other male. Wonwoo couldn’t describe it but he had fun. If previously he admired how charismatic his Mingyu, with this incarnate Mingyu he couldn’t help but found him adorable.

Mingyu sat down at his place. Jini and Junseok raised brows at each other to see the sour face on Mingyu. “Yo, what’s up Mingyu? Anything happen while you sent the file to HR?” Junseok asked raising his brow. Mingyu glanced at him and shook his head.

“Nothing, I’m okay.” Mingyu answered giving a plastic smile. Jini stood and leaned towards the separator between their desks.

“Weird. You looked piss off you know.” Jini commented. Mingyu smiled again.

“I’m fine.” Jini and Junseok looked at each other before shrugging.

“Fine, you said that.” Jini said before sitting back, continued her work. So do Junseok. Mingyu continued his work with face still tight. Donghyun wasn’t in as he had an emergency leave while Jihyeong was out for work matter. Mr Hwang was sitting at his place, talking to someone on the phone since Mingyu returned to his place. Few minutes later, the team leader got up and picked up his coat as he continued talking on the phone.

“I will visit the site then. Meet you there.” The call ended and Mr Hwang gathered his stuff. “Can you come with me, Jih-” Jini, Junseok and Mingyu turned when they heard Mr Hwang said. “Ah, right. Jihyeong is not in.”

“Anything I can help, boss?” Jini asked. Mr Hwang looked at them for a while.

“Hm, it’s a good opportunity for newbie. Mingyu, come with me. We’re going to visit the manufacturing site. You can learn something new.” Mingyu startled. Jini and Junseok nodded in agreement. Mingyu quickly gathered his stuff and got up, following Mr Hwang who already walked out from the office. Jini gave a ‘fighting’ as Mingyu left.

“Get in.” Mingyu nodded and followed Mr Hwang who got into his car. Putting the seatbelt, Mr Hwang drove out from the parking lot and headed out to the road. “This is the first time you’re having work outside, right?” Mingyu nodded.

“Yes, boss.” Mr Hwang hummed.

“I forget about it thou. The things in the office were too much to handle.” Mingyu nodded. “Ah, anyway. This time, I’m going to our team’s biggest branch of manufacturing site. You know right MoZ owned few sites and also collaborate with few?” Mingyu nodded again. “This branch is the first one MoZ build and our team has a great relationship with them so most of our team’s ideas produced there. Just now the manager called me about the wristwatch, they had done with the prototype but they’re unable to send to us for testing on time. So we’re going there to see that. As I said, we’re in good relationship with them.” Mingyu nodded.

“I’m excited to see the watch.” Mr Hwang chuckled. He was about to say something when his phone rang. Noticing that he threw that device at the back seat with his briefcase, he asked Mingyu to get it. Mingyu turned to get it and saw Chinese word as the caller ID.

“Can you connect it there? I can’t find my earpiece, I’m sorry.” Mingyu did as he told. The phone connected and Mr Hwang quickly picked up by pressing a button on the steering wheel. “Hello?” He talked in English.

“Babe.” A Chinese speaker on the phone making Mr Hwang startled and he glanced over the screen. He just noticed it’s his lover. He glanced at Mingyu. Mingyu just gave an awkward smile. “Hey Jing, I called to tell you I can’t have lunch with you today.”

“Ah, it’s okay. I’m out actually, visiting a site. I think I can’t too, Zhou.” Upon hearing the name, Mingyu noted it was his boss’s lover.

“You’re out?” The male on the speaker asked. “With Jihyeong?” He was still talking in Chinese but Mingyu caught Jihyeong’s name. Mr Hwang glanced at Mingyu.

“Jihyeong is out too, I bring the new guy.”

“What?” Mr Hwang winced a bit, so do Mingyu. Mr Hwang mouthed sorry to Mingyu. “Why?”

“Zhou, don’t misunderstand me, come on. You know this is works right?” A sigh heard. “Come on, don’t get mad right now I can’t kiss your anger away. Don’t be upset and distracted okay? I will make up to you tonight with a great .”

“Jing! He could hear you!” Mr Hwang laughed.

“To be honest, I’m driving and you’re on the car’s speaker.” The man shrieked, again making Mingyu winced. Mr Hwang still laughed. “Don’t worry, this new guy didn’t understand Chinese.”

“You little piece of .” Mr Hwang just chuckled. Mingyu was amused on that. “I need to go.”

“Okay, meet you at home.” The call ended after saying goodbye. Mr Hwang exhaled. “Sorry about the loudness. It’s Hwijoo actually, canceling our lunch and I’m telling him that I’m out too. Then, he knows you’re here and yeah…” Mr Hwang just grinned. Mingyu just smiled.

“It’s okay.”

“He can be possessive at times.” Mingyu chuckled.

“He loves you that’s why, boss.” Mr Hwang just chuckled lightly. Soon, they arrived at their destination. Both of them got down from the car and Mingyu followed after Mr Hwang. Someone greeted them.

“Mr Im.” Mr Hwang greeted the man.

“The big man is already here.” Mr Hwang nodded and apologized for their lateness. Mingyu followed behind them and the man, Mr Im brought them to a room. Mingyu spotted a familiar lady standing near the door talking with a guy but he couldn’t recall who the lady is. Mr Im invited them into the room. Mingyu spotted someone was already in.

“Oh, sir.” Mr Hwang quickly bowed; he’s actually expecting someone else. Now he understood why Mr Im addressed ‘big man’. “I’m sorry that we’re late.” Mr Hwang said. Mingyu didn’t manage to take a look as he just bowed following Mr Hwang.

“I’m the only one among them are free right now.” Mingyu stiffened to the voice. He finally registered who the lady outside because of the familiar voice. Damn, why he’s here when I’m here?

“We’re deeply sorry about the inconvenient, Mr Hwang, Mr Jeon.” Mr Im said.

“It’s okay, Im ajussi.” Wonwoo sat down. “Fancy seeing you here, junior.” Mingyu looked up and gave a look at the male. Wonwoo chuckled and gestured them to sit. Mr Hwang was looking at Mingyu and the chairman back and forth, remembering the gossip around the office. At the same time, Mr Im was calling someone in. “How’s Hwijoo, Jingwi?” Mr Hwang startled to the sudden question from Wonwoo.

“Ah, he’s fine.” Wonwoo smiled. Mingyu figured out that his boss’s love life is well-known through the company, but he didn’t really surprise as his boss and the lover could even show up in front of the company one morning previously.

“It has been a while I see him. I guess he is busy.” Mr Hwang nodded.

“Um, yes. They’re making new things.” Wonwoo nodded to that. The small talks interrupted by a knock and Mr Im returned with a guy holding a box. They continued to the agenda of why they’re here.

 

 

“Mingyu.” Mingyu cursed inside when Wonwoo called him as they stepped out from the building. The meeting about the prototype was done and he was heading back with his boss to the car. Mr Hwang gave a light nod when the chairman stood near them. “Hey Jingwi, would you mind if I take him for a while?”

Mr Hwang just smiled lightly. “It’s lunchtime now, sir. It’s okay?” Mr Hwang said. Mingyu frowned and tried to tell Mr Hwang don’t leave him with his eyes. “You have one hour extra lunchtime. Meet you at office.” Mr Hwang smiled and left. Mingyu’s face contorted as he saw his boss leaving. He bit his lips and turned to Wonwoo.

“What do you want?” Mingyu asked, annoyed. Wonwoo just smiled.

“Lunch with me?” Mingyu groaned.

“Do I have a choice now?” Mingyu said when he saw his boss’s car left the parking lot. Wonwoo beamed and gestured Mingyu to follow him. They walked to the car that waited for Wonwoo. Mingyu just remembered that Wonwoo didn’t come alone.

“Yuna.” Wonwoo called her. “I hope you won’t mind to take a cab back to the office with Jaehyeon. I will drive, for lunch.” Yuna looked fluster for seconds before nodding as Wonwoo gave few notes to her. Jaehyeon gave the key to Wonwoo. Mingyu was embarrassed at that moment. Wonwoo noticed Mingyu wasn’t moving. “Get in.” Mingyu avoided eye contact with the driver and Yuna as he got in the car. Wonwoo drove away after they’re ready.

The ride was silence. Mingyu bit his inner cheeks because of the embarrassment earlier. Inside, he was cursing Wonwoo. Wonwoo glanced over few times when Mingyu was so silence. “Hey. You’re so silent.”

“Do you have problem with that?” Mingyu sassed back, already recovered from earlier. Wonwoo smiled.

“Well, don’t you even c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter