019

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Fallen deeper, our fate[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Present

Mingyu stirred from his deep slumber. His body felt numbed and it’s hard for him to open his eyes. Mingyu struggled a little before managed to crack a bit but the light harshly entered his eyes making he squeezed it closed again. Taking few moments, Mingyu tried again and finally opened it fully. He blinked few times trying to adjust and figure out where he was. The room was familiar but he couldn’t recall. He tried to move his limbs but he felt weak, only his fingers listened to his brain’s order. But it grazed with some surface and warmth. Mingyu registered that something was holding his hand. His eyes travelled down and caught something black. He recognized it as head and figured someone was holding his hand and the person was sleeping. Mingyu tried to move more of his fingers and due to the movement the person stirred awake.

“Hm?” Soft confusion huff came from the guy. Mingyu unconsciously felt emotion rushing in his head. His head began to register what had happened once he noticed the guy who was holding his hand. Their eyes met and the guy’s eyes widened. “Mingyu? Mingyu!” With the shocked squeal, the guy launched forward and hugged Mingyu. Mingyu couldn’t say anything but grunted slightly to the sudden weight. He felt numb earlier but now he felt the bone-crushing hug.

“Wonwoo... can’t breathe.” Mingyu whispered and his voice was very hoarse. Wonwoo quickly jumped back as he released Mingyu.

“Sorry, I’m just happy you finally awake. It’s almost two days you’re out.” Wonwoo said. Noticing Mingyu struggled to talk; he quickly went to pour some water and helped Mingyu to drink as sitting him against the bed head. Mingyu thanked him softly. “Are you feeling okay, Mingyu?” Mingyu nodded lightly.

“It’s bearable.” Mingyu cleared his throat. “How long I have been out?”

“About two days.” Mingyu nodded and closed his eyes for a while. The memory of him being hostage came into his mind. Mingyu opened his eyes, hands trembling a little. Wonwoo noticed the small changes and quickly held those hands. Mingyu’s eyes went up to meet his. Wonwoo gave a smile. “I know it’s hard but remember that I’m here for you, nothing to be afraid. Trust me, you’re safe now and everything’s over.” Mingyu bit his lips that quivered. He moved his hands to hold Wonwoo’s tighter. Wonwoo squeezed it back giving some strength as he sat closer to Mingyu. Mingyu took a breath.

“What happened... how did I come out from there?” The last thing Mingyu remembered was he was abused by Jeonghan and passed out. When he regained conscious again, he was treated by a doctor in Wonwoo’s room. Wonwoo smiled to Mingyu.

“Junhui tracked you when we’re on the phone. He figured you’re at the same place Jeonghan asked me to come to sign the deal with him, for saving you.” Wonwoo exhaled as his eyes fell on the bruises on Mingyu’s arms. Mingyu noticed that and just squeezed the hands. Wonwoo looked up and continued. “We saved you. And it’s over now, Jeonghan won’t come at you again.” Mingyu stared at Wonwoo. He wanted to ask more but he could feel Wonwoo won’t answer if he asked so he decided not to. He just leaned into the warmth when Wonwoo reached up to caress his cheek, thumb brushed over the plaster.

“Wonwoo... can you hug me again?” Mingyu asked after a while. Wonwoo didn’t say anything and just engulfed him into his embrace. Mingyu wrapped his arms around Wonwoo. He missed this warmth, he missed Wonwoo. Mingyu felt choked up remembering the torture and snuggled closer. He hid his face into Wonwoo’s shoulder and cried. Wonwoo felt his heart ripped apart to hear the sobs.

“Mingyu...”

“I’m really scared, I’m scared that he will... do that. He’s crazy, he...”

“Syhhh, it’s okay. Everything is fine. I promise you, this won’t happen again.” Wonwoo said coaxing the crying male in his arms. Mingyu nodded and hugged Wonwoo tighter. But he winced in pain. Wonwoo startled and released the hug. “What’s wrong?”

“I accidentally squeeze my wounds part.” Mingyu said holding his side where the burnt wound was. Wonwoo exhaled.

“I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s my fault.” Mingyu said sniffling. Wonwoo was about to say something when Mingyu’s stomach growled. Mingyu widened his eyes and blushed. Wonwoo bit his lips trying not to laugh. It’s really bizarre that a second ago Mingyu was crying like a baby and now he was shy and hungry. “Don’t laugh!” Mingyu whined when he caught the stifled chortle.

Wonwoo chuckled lightly. “Sorry, sorry. I won’t laugh. Wait up, I will bring food for you.” Wonwoo said and got up. Mingyu caught Wonwoo’s hand before he could leave. Wonwoo turned to Mingyu.

“I- can’t you stay?” Mingyu asked. Wonwoo covered Mingyu’s hand on his arm, patting it softly.

“I will be back quickly. You need to eat.” Wonwoo smiled. Mingyu nodded reluctantly. Wonwoo walked out from the room.

He noticed Junhui coming through the main door. “Jun?”

“I came to check as I just finished meeting in this area. Is he awake?” Wonwoo nodded. “Do you need anything?”

“He is hungry... I thought I should make him something...”

“Not with your usual. He’s a patient for god’s sake.” Junhui said rolling his eyes. Wonwoo narrowed his eyes on that witch.

“Now you’re here, make it worth.” Junhui shooed Wonwoo as he walked to the kitchen. But Wonwoo was following him. “I’m taking some juice to him.” Wonwoo said when Junhui gave him a look.

“I will make the food quick, still need to go back to the company.” Junhui said. Wonwoo nodded. “About...”

“I have heard.”

“So that’s what the deity decided?”

“Apparently Yoon Jonghyun is the actual soul that should be there, not him. The deity just returned things back to its place.” Junhui nodded. “Hey, Jun.”

“Hm?”

“Can you stay with Soonyoung while Mingyu is here?” Junhui turned to Wonwoo with a look. “I will survive about food. Just...”

“I understand, no need to say more.” Junhui said and turned back to his chopping job. “Just call me whenever you need me.” Wonwoo smiled.

“Thank you, Jun. Well, it’s a win-win situation. You can be with your lover too.” Junhui was blushing but he let out a growl. Wonwoo just laughed and walked out from the kitchen with a glass of juice. He was done teasing Junhui and he didn’t want to leave Mingyu too long.

Mingyu turned to the door when Wonwoo opened it. “I heard you talking.”

“Jun is here, he’s making food for you.” Wonwoo handed the juice. “Drink this first while waiting for the food.” Mingyu nodded. Wonwoo sat on the edge watching Mingyu, more like eyeing the wounds. Mingyu noticed he was stared at and blushed slightly.

“Why you’re looking?”

“Those bruises... I just can’t stop feeling hurt seeing it.” Wonwoo voiced out. Mingyu looked at himself. Deep inside him, he was mad and furious to remember about it. He was abused, almost got . Mingyu shivered to that thought. He couldn’t imagine what he will do if that happened. Wonwoo looked at Mingyu. “Mingyu...”

“I’m glad, you know.” Wonwoo stared at Mingyu. “I’m glad that you come. He intended to me. He...” Mingyu bit his lips.

“Mingyu...”

“I hate him.”

“I do, too.” Wonwoo calmly said. “Let’s not think about it okay? I’m sorry for bringing it up.” Mingyu shook his head.

“I’m fine. It’s just everything jumbled up in my head... I don’t know.”

“It’s okay, doctor said it’s normal. You’re just going through some traumatic event, it will affect you mentally. But you will be fine. You didn’t show severe trauma sign. I’m relieved.” Wonwoo said and reached to hold Mingyu’s hand. “You’re strong as always.”

Mingyu just stayed silent and tightened the hold. He really felt safe with Wonwoo. Mingyu felt himself falling deeper; the time when he was held as hostage made him realized something. He really felt something strong and deep for Wonwoo. He’s in love with this man, there’s no use of denying it anymore. Mingyu knew it’s time for him to step up for their relationship status.

 

 

“Are we going back now?” Junhui looked up and saw Soonyoung at the door. He smiled and beckoned the guy to come in. Soonyoung walked inside. “Still have work?”

“A little bit more. Can you wait for a while?” Soonyoung nodded and took the seat directly in front of Junhui. Junhui smiled and turned to his laptop again. He was typing something. Soonyoung watched him for a while before shifting his attention on his phone. “Did you bring some cloth to stay over?”

“Yeah, I have a feeling I will be pestering you quite long.” Junhui answered without looking.

“What pestering me? You’re always welcome at my house, my love.” Soonyoung said as he looked at Junhui. Junhui just smiled without looking.

“I know that.” Soonyoung nodded. “But it’s not that I want to go stay there. I was kicked out from my own house.” Junhui said with exhales. Soonyoung pouted.

“You don’t want to move in with me, Jun?” Junhui looked at Soonyoung. He just chuckled to see Soonyoung’s pout.

“In any case, it’s you that should move in with me. Not the other way around.” Soonyoung blinked.

“You want to live together with me?!”

“Why you’re so shocked with that?” Junhui said with slightly bitter tone. Soonyoung jumped from the seat and went to Junhui’s side. Junhui startled when he was hugged. “Yah, Soonyoung. What the heck?”

“I’m just happy. I thought you don’t want it. I... I thought-” Junhui loosened the hug and led Soonyoung to sit on his lap. He hugged the guy around his waist.

“Am I treating you so bad that you’re frantically happy just because of this small matter?” Junhui asked seriously. Soonyoung shook his head quickly.

“No! You’re nice, so nice. I love you, okay?” Soonyoung said and kissed Junhui’s cheek. Junhui just smiled, melted a little. “Just, it’s a surprise. I... this is so out of your character. You always reject me.” Soonyoung pouted. Junhui exhaled and cupped Soonyoung’s face.

“Soonyoung ah.” Soonyoung stared into the eyes. “You know... I was afraid, am still afraid. I won’t be here forever. It’s just a matter of time that I will be gone. I’m afraid with this, to leave you alone. That’s why I...”

“You agreed to live our moment to the fullest. So why afraid? I told you, even though it’s hard that I can’t imagine yet the life without you, I believe we will meet again. Even if it’s not in this lifetime, I will find you no matter what. You’re my fate, Jun.” Junhui’s eyes began to water. He brought Soonyoung’s face closer and they shared a kiss. Soonyoung could sense the bitterness in the kiss, he accepted that and gave love he had to him. Junhui let his tears fall. The unsaid word swallowed again, Junhui decided it will be only known to him.

Before visiting Wonwoo and Mingyu after his meeting earlier, he got a vision. Junhui saw a future that was very soon to happen. He saw the date and time, and also two men; Mingyu and Wonwoo. It was night and he heard clearly the whisper from Mingyu before he kissed the sleeping Wonwoo. Junhui understood what he saw after the vision. It’s one of the reasons he effortlessly agreed when Wonwoo asked him to stay with Soonyoung. Their time was almost up. After making food and packing some of his stuff for staying with Soonyoung, Junhui had contacted Jaehyeon. He didn’t tell Jaehyeon directly but the guy seemed to understand when he told the guy to arrange Wonwoo’s will and asset accordingly. Jaehyeon agreed to meet Wonwoo as soon as possible for it and will do everything without raising Wonwoo’s suspicion about the sudden movement. Junhui was glad Jaehyeon was quick at his job.

Junhui didn’t want to say anything because he knew it will break many hearts, or maybe Wonwoo would try to avoid the fate that is waiting. As much as he wanted to stay longer, he knew it will be a futile effort. It’s their fate to return to the afterlife, leaving their love.

 

 

Mingyu opened his eyes. He was jerked awake by his own dream. It was the pigment of the abuse, he clearly remembered it. Mingyu tried to regulate his breathing after slightly panting to the intense dream. “Mingyu?” Mingyu moved his eyes towards the voice. Wonwoo was lying beside him, awake when he felt Mingyu jerking beside him. Mingyu could see the face through the bed lamp on the nightstand. He remembered they went to sleep a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter