Wrong Decision

Realization
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seeing Jihoon is walking towards him, light up a spark of hope in Jungkook. Jungkook knew that Jihoon likes Daniel. Jihoon always talks about Daniel whenever they chatted. Jungkook confessed with little to no hope that Jihoon is going to choose him but seeing what happened just now made Jungkook thinks that Jihoon might had enough of Daniel and decided that he is better afterall. 

When Jihoon stood face to face with him, Jungkook reached out to envelop Jihoon in a hug but Jihoon stepped backwards to avoid. “Don’t, hyung.”

Jungkook’s face fell, “didn’t you choose me over him that you come here instead of going with him? You also didn’t avoid my kiss”

Jihoon looked at Jungkook in the eyes, “Hyung, first, I was so surprise that you actually have feelings for me that my mind goes blank and couldn’t react to avoid the kiss” Jihoon paused, “Second, I’m really thankful that someone like you actually love me. I’m not worthy of that” Jihoon has no intention to let Jungkook cut his words as he continues, “And third, I’m coming here to reject you. I think I should do this as soon and as direct as possible to avoid further misunderstanding as you are my precious friend.” Jihoon paused again, took a breath, “It’s because I love Daniel hyung and I’ll always love him. Nothing can change that” 

“But why?” Jungkook couldn’t understand. From what Jihoon told him through chats and phone calls is that Jihoon is the one struggle to get Daniel’s attention while Daniel even tried to push him away. Jihoon told Jungkook almost everything that happened between him and Daniel so Jungkook can put one to one together. Why would Jihoon still love someone that always tries to push him away? The feelings aren’t mutual.

“Do I need a reason?” was all Jihoon’s reply. “I love him, and that’s final. I don’t think I can live without him, that’s enough reason right?”

“Can you at least give us a chance? At least give me a chance to show you that I’m better than him. I can take care and protect you better than him” Jungkook tried to hold on every possibility there is left.

Jihoon shook his head. “There’s no need to do that. Although you’re a better person than him, I won’t be able to love you.” Jihoon paused, “Because you are not Daniel. It won’t be the same. You are just going waste your effort” he continues, “Besides, you deserve someone better” with that Jihoon patted Jungkook’s shoulder and left. He needs to find Daniel now.

After Jihoon left, Jungkook leaned on his van and close his eyes. Tears are threatening to escape his eyes. Jihoon was his first love. He is so damn serious about Jihoon. But listening to what Jihoon said just now made him realize that he actually really stands no chance against Daniel. Jihoon’s feeling for Daniel is so deep and genuine that it left no gap for a third person to interrupt. 

“Daniel, you one lucky bastard” Jungkook smiles to himself while letting tears escape his eyes and saying goodbyes to his first love.

 

=====================================

 

Jihoon ran as fast as he could back to the dorm to find Daniel. He needed to explain everything to Daniel. Daniel shouldn’t misunderstand him. Not anymore. He pressed the lift button impatiently but it took too long for the lift to come so he decided to use the stair instead.

He arrived at the dorm and frantically search for Daniel but Daniel couldn’t be seen. He ran to the rooftop only to find it empty too. A wave of panic started to fill him. He tried to dial Daniel’s phone but was met with voicemail.

Jihoon waited for Daniel to come back until he fell asleep on the couch with tears evidence on his face.

 

=====================================

 

Jihoon felt a light tap on his shoulder, shaking him to consciousness. He grudgingly wakes up to be greeted by Jisung and Seongwoo, looking at him worriedly
“Why are you sleeping here?” Jisung asked, “You’ll catch a cold”

Jihoon suddenly remembers the reason why he is here on the couch, “Daniel hyung” Jihoon looked around, “Is Daniel hyung back yet?”

“Huh?” both Jisung and Seongwoo looked at each other confused. “Daniel is not going to be back for some time”

“What do you mean?”

“Niel-ie…” Seongwoo starts, “He is going to Canada today to film his new CF” he said nonchalantly. “He couldn’t tell it yesterday as it was sudden call. Besides, we didn’t have any schedule for about a week or so other than practicing for year-end performance.”

Jihoon’s body grow cold at that revelation, trying to control his voice, “For how long?”

“About 3 to 4 days, a week at most he said” Jisung tried to recall.

Now everything makes sense. Daniel didn’t sleep last night because he had early flight today. It was Daniel’s habit. I’ll just get more tired if I sleep before an early flight besides I still can sleep in the plane, is what Daniel always said. Instead of resting before leaving, Daniel had to accompany Jihoon and worst Jihoon made Daniel mad. Jihoon knew very well that overseas schedule can be deadly tiring.

But that’s not the problem, the misunderstanding was still there. Jihoon didn’t want to wait for a week to clear up this misunderstanding. One week is too long that anything can happen within those spans of time. Jihoon is scared that in one week Daniel decided that he didn’t want to have anything with Jihoon anymore as he misunderstood Jihoon’s action last night. Jihoon is scared that Daniel really thinks that Jihoon choose Jungkook over him, where in reality there’s absolutely no one can replace Daniel in Jihoon’s heart.

Jihoon’s tremb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter