Confrontation

Realization
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that day, Daniel and Sungwoon keep their skinship at minimum when there are other members. Jihoon couldn’t be happier than that. However, Daniel still blatantly ignores him and Jihoon still couldn’t find the way to approach Daniel. But luck seems to make its turn to Jihoon.

“Listen up, due to some technical mistake, the number of rooms we booked short of 1” their manager informed them. “So, 2 of you should share a room, I’ll give you the bigger one”

Although they’ll get a bigger room if they share, they prefer having their own private time. Sure, they like the members’ accompaniment, but this is a real rare private time that they need. So, at last they’ll decide by random.

Jihoon took 1 piece of paper randomly and open it, there, on the paper written a star indicating that he is going to share a room with somebody. He frowned at that, not liking the idea one bit. But before he can sulk, he heard the all too familiar voice, “What the hell, out of all time, it must be today I’m being unlucky, so, who’s the next unlucky person that will share his fate with me?” Daniel said exaggeratedly.

Jihoon looked up and meet Daniel’s eyes and as if on cue, Daniel immediately knows that Jihoon is the one that will share the room with him. They froze for a moment before the manager announced, “So, it will be Daniel and Jihoon?” the manager said without giving any room to interject, “here’s the key for your rooms” and share the key to all of them. Then everyone busied themselves to take their luggage and go to their respective room.

So here they are, alone in a room. Daniel is sitting on the coffee table, playing with his phone and Jihoon is organizing his luggage, unpacking. Jihoon didn’t know that chance is thrown at him just like that. He has all the night to talk to Daniel. Jihoon is elated at the thought and Daniel couldn’t ignore him. He should freshened himself before starting any conversation with Daniel, he thought. “Hyung, aren’t you going to use the bathroom?” Jihoon asks.

“No” was the only reply Jihoon got.

Jihoon is not even surprise anymore. He is used to that. “Okay, then” and goes to the bathroom.

When Jihoon finished showering, he saw Daniel still on the same spot. He takes a deep breath, “Hyung, aren’t you going to unpack?”

Before Daniel could answer, the door bell rang, indicating someone has come. Daniel immediately stood up from his position and went to the door to open it, revealing Sungwoon already in his pyjamas smiling too bright for Jihoon’s liking.

“What are you doing here hyung?” Jihoon doesn’t want to sound so harsh but he couldn’t help it. It was supposed to be his and Daniel’s time.

“I’m here to take Daniel” he said while inviting himself inside and take Daniel’s luggage, trying to drag it out.

“What for? Daniel hyung supposed to be rooming with me?” It sounds more like a question than a statement. “Why are you doing something unnecessary?”

“I called him over. You can have the room for yourself. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. We’ll keep secret.” Daniel explained instead, his tone cold, pick up his sling bag, and started to walk out of the room.

That was the longest sentences in a while Daniel ever spoke to him. But instead of being happy, Jihoon panics. Daniel is going to leave him again, alone in this big room, with Sungwoon hyung. As if on reflect, Jihoon did what comes first in his mind. He runs towards Daniel and immediately wrapped his hands on Daniel’s waist, face buried on Daniel’s broad back, back-hugging him. “Don’t go, please.” Jihoon begged. Jihoon had never begged anyone for anything before, showing how desperate he is at the moment. He thought if he didn’t stop Daniel this time, there won’t be second chance for him anymore.

Daniel and Sungwoon were utterly shocked at Jihoon’s sudden boldness. Although Daniel was so worried at Jihoon’s weak voice, he tried hard so that his resolve won’t crumble. Daniel was about to peer Jihoon’s grip off him when he heard small sobs and his back felt moist. Daniel started to panic, Jihoon is crying. The last time Daniel saw Jihoon cried was during produce 101 where he let his insecurities known by him. Jihoon is not someone who cried easily as Daniel remembered, unless there’s something really upsetting the younger for him to cry like this.

Daniel released Jihoon’s arms from his waist and turn to look at Jihoon’s red puffy eyes. It broke Daniel’s heart to pieces seeing Jihoon like this. He suddenly remembered what Woojin told him the other day. Something about Jihoon’s feeling. “What is it? Something is upsetting you?” Daniel asked voice soft, concerned and worried evidence in his voice. How long has it been since the last time Daniel used this tone to talk to him? That alone is enough to make Jihoon cried harder.

Seeing Jihoon cried even harder, Daniel didn’t know what to do. All he wants is to hug Jihoon right at this moment and whisper sweet nothings to him. But Daniel couldn’t do that, not with the risk being hated by Jihoon. “Do you want to talk?” Daniel asked instead

Jihoon tried to calm himself down, somehow feeling embarrassed that he is seen breaking down in front of people. Also, Jihoon needs to get his message across. “Can we talk alone? Only the two of us?” Jihoon asked carefully while glancing at Sungwoon who was still standing awkwardly at the door step.

“Can’t Sungwoon hyung be here? I’m sure he is more helpful than I am” Daniel tried to negotiate.

Jihoon looked at the floor and mumble, “I want it to be only the two of us, please.” He thinks he might cry again. He sounded so weak, so desperate.

Daniel sighed, but it’s not like he can leave Jihoon alone now, not when Jihoon is in this state. He won’t be able to forgive himself if Jihoon is hurt and nobody is there to console him. So, Daniel turned to look at Sungwoon, “Hyung, can you go ahead? I’ll be there in a sec.”

“Are you sure you are going to be fine?” Sungwoon asked, he didn’t want to leave. But he knows that Daniel had already made up his mind. So, there’s nothing he can do. “Alright, I’ll go ahead, you know where my room is, right? I’ll be waiting for you” Sungwoon said while dragging Daniel’s luggage with him out of the room.

“I know, 622 on the 6th floor. Don’t worry hyung, I’ll be there.” Daniel assured before turning back to look at Jihoon, who is still sobbing softly, head hung low, looking at the floor.

“So, let’s talk” Daniel said, walking inside the room with Jihoon follows suit.

 

=====================================

 

Jihoon sat at the edge of the bed while Daniel is standing in front of Jihoon, crossed armed, still managed to maintain a considerable amount of space between them. Small sobs still echoed in the room. Although Daniel appeared to look calm, inside he is swarmed with worries. So many things he would like to ask Jihoon but couldn’t.

“So what’s bothering you?” Daniel decided on the most straightforward question. It sounded harsher than Daniel want to be.

Jihoon flinched at Daniel’s tone. He doesn’t know what to answer the older. So, he just kept quiet and stared hard on the floor.

He’s still uncom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter