Effort

Realization
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

True to his words, Jihoon never stops showing Daniel how serious he is. Jihoon jumps on every opportunity to get close to Daniel. Although Daniel didn’t show it, he is elated to know that Jihoon really meant his words. 

What amazed Daniel the most is that Jihoon seemed to know what Daniel need the most each time. Like when Daniel was feeling dizzy from the lack of sleep, before Daniel realized it himself, Jihoon had already offered him supplement. When Daniel feels like eating chicken for dinner but the members prefer pizza so Daniel didn’t have the heart to suggest his preference, Jihoon would whined all day to eat chicken until they agreed. There’s never ending list on how Jihoon had proven that he really meant every words he told Daniel.

Wanna One was having exclusive fansign event for the musician. There’s one segment where Jihoon, Jaehwan, Sungwoon, and Woojin have to be team leader and choose their team members. The team will consist of 3-3-3-2 members. Woojin unluckily will be the team with 2 members but had the privilege to choose first. Jihoon prayed to all gods out there so that Woojin wouldn’t choose Daniel. Luck is on his side as Woojin chose Minhyun.

The 3 of them then have to play rock-scissor-paper to decide who will choose the team members first. As long as Sungwoon hyung is not with Daniel, Jihoon thought. 

“Rock, Scissors, Paper” they shouted in unison. 

When Jihoon saw that he won, he couldn’t contain his happiness. The MC asked Jihoon who he would want to be in his team and without hesitation he blurted Daniel out of reflect. He warily turned to see Daniel’s reaction and the older just smile softly at him. Then the MC asked who’s the next member he wanted. Jihoon is at lost. He thought hard then randomly called Seongwoo’s name. 

Jihoon is really happy to be teaming up with Daniel. Moreover, they won the game. Daniel also did not avoid him anymore. What more could he asked? Jihoon is content with that. 

 

=====================================

 

Sungwoon’s mood had become better and better. Sure, he was hurt badly at the break up. But that wasn’t something he didn’t expect. It’s just it came sooner than he expected. So, it’s kinda shocking for him. However, Sungwoon’s only priority is actually Daniel’s happiness. As long as Daniel happy, even though it’s not with him, he can live with that. 

“So, are you guys dating now?” Sungwoon asked one day. Daniel and Sungwoon are left alone at Music Bank’s waiting room while other members went out to greet their friends or senior.

Daniel almost got a heart attack at the sudden question. “What? No, of course not. What makes you say that?” Daniel answered panic.

“Why not? Shouldn’t you guys be dating already? You guys love each other, didn’t you? Or did Jihoon finally decide to dump you for that Jungkook guy?” Sungwoon joked.

That last sentence alarmed Daniel. Jungkook? BTS’ Jungkook? What does this have to do with that? “What do you mean hyung?” Daniel asked cautiously

“You don’t know?” Sungwoon asked amused. “Do you know where’s Jihoon now?” 

“Isn’t he with the others greeting seniors and friends?” Daniel asked

Sungwoon chuckled, “No, Jihoon is with Jungkook right now. I unpurposely saw his message with Jungkook just now”

“Eyyy, don’t lie hyung. BTS is not even having a comeback, what’s the reason for him to be here” Daniel tried to convince, more to himself.

“That doesn’t mean he couldn’t come” Sungwoon said as a matter of fact. “They have been meeting each other quite a lot lately if I recall” Sungwoon paused looking at Daniel’s reaction, “They often meet at the basement of our dorm too” Sungwoon ends.

Daniel feels a so familiar feelings creeping up his system. He didn’t know that Jihoon is that close with his so-called role model. He tried to shake off those feelings, “That wasn’t my problem hyung” was what he said instead.

“Oh really?” Sungwoon asked, “Alright then, because from what I see, Jungkook has feelings for Jihoonie. I was worried that could be a problem because I thought you’re dating Jihoon but I think I worried for nothing.”Sungwoon shrugged and close his eyes, opting to take a rest. He thought Daniel’s reaction was so priceless. He knew Daniel and Jihoon are in awkward phase because of him. He really wants Daniel to be happy. So, he decided to give Daniel a little push to man up.

Daniel on the other hand was shocked beyond words. He clenched his fist out of anger and jealousy with the thought that Jihoon might move on to another man and left him. But his pride didn’t let him to confront Jihoon. 

 

=====================================


Being close friend with your role model feels like a dream to Jihoon. Jihoon never thought that he can be lucky enough to be friend with his idol let alone best friend. Ever since Jihoon announced his favourite idol on national television, said idol initiatively contacted him saying want to be friends. Things progressing so smoothly that soon enough they’ve become best friends.

They often hang out together, doing things they both enjoy or simply talk. Jungkook to Jihoon is his mentor and best friend, not more, not less. Little did Jihoon know that Jungkook has other feelings kept for Jihoon. Those Jihoon wouldn’t be able to reciprocate.

Ever since the talks between Daniel and Sungwoon that day, Daniel had become more aware on what Jihoon does, especially when he chatted or texting with his phone or when Jihoon suddenly disappear only to be back minutes later. Daniel sometimes would asked Jihoon who he talked to or where did he go but Jihoon only shrug and said it’s nothing.

Jihoon kept looking after Daniel like how he used to. He still hasn’t given up in winning Daniel’s heart over. However, Daniel couldn’t see that. All Daniel could see is that Jihoon started to get further and further away from him. Daniel is blinded by jealousy and yet he didn’t do anything but glare every time Jihoon texted or meeting someone. 

 

=====================================

 

One  night, Daniel was alone, sitting on the sofa, watching randomly what the TV shows when Jihoon suddenly walk out of his room with jacket in one hand, looking all cute in his pink sweater, marching towards the doorstep.

“Where are y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter