Last of me

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol wakes up to his head throbbing in a dark room. He can't see much of anything with the exception of his hands if he were to hold them right up to his face. "Yeon? Yeon?" He calls out quietly, unsure of if he was in the room alone. "Yeon, are you here?" He tries to move around, though the lack of sight is making him hesitant. God forbid he bump into something or someone that he didn't want to bump into.

He was in pain, especially his bottom lip. He carefully runs his index finger over the bottom lip, wincing from the contact. His lip was swollen and he could feel where the blood had dried and clotted on the side of his mouth. Someone must have busted his lip. 

He didn't remember much other than knocking on doors with Yeon earlier in the day. They were chasing after her phone before they stopped at the last house on the block. That's when his mind drew blank. He remembered the house, the color blue, and that was about it. The taste of coffee lingers on his tongue. Had he drank coffee? That still doesn't explain why he's in a dark room with a busted lip. They must have gotten themselves into trouble. His heart sinks and leaps at the same time, something he didn't think was possible before that. Did he run into Jongin's captor? Baekhyun's captor? Did they have the same captor? 

"Yeon!" His voice is hoarse as he continues to call out for the woman he was with earlier. He hears a grunt from somewhere in the room, immediately stilling. His blood ran cold and the hairs on his arms were standing straight up, goosebumps breaking out across the surface of his skin. The grunt was deeper than a woman's. His guard was up, his heart pumping wildly in his chest as he tries to wrap his head around everything. Was he hearing things? He knew that if left in the complete dark for a while people's minds could start to play tricks on them. Maybe this was the case now. However, he hears the grunt again though this time it was louder and...closer? He shuffles back, his feet kicking out in front of him as he tries to scoot as far back as possible. His back suddenly hits a wall behind him, letting him know that he cannot go any further. 

"W-Who's there?" Chanyeol's seen enough horror movies to know that this was a stupid move. You never call out when you're alone in a room and you think someone's chasing you. Then again, you've never been in this kind of situation, have you? He needed to know if someone was in the room with him or if it was just all in his head. Maybe there was someone in here with him and he just made himself known, but then again with the amount of times he called for Yeon he was already out in the open. But what if it was someone else who was trapped? Someone else who needed his help? He shakes his head quickly. He needed to stop playing hero so much. One day it was going to get him killed.

"Chanyeol?" The voice calls out, a voice so familiar that he could almost put his finger on it. Almost...

"Jongin?" He abruptly leans forward, eyes wide as they desperately try to adjust to their surroundings. "Jongin, is that you?" Well, he sure hoped it was. 

"Yeah...yeah...Chanyeol, what are you," his voice was breathy, the other man struggling just to talk, "what are you doing here?" 

"I don't know. I don't remember anything. Yeon and I were knocking door to door asking about you and--"

"Why would you do that? That's so dangerous. Jesus, it's no wonder you're here now." On any other circumstance Jongin's attitude would have annoyed Chanyeol, but given that he's just found one of his kidnapped members he'll let it slide. 

"How else was I supposed to find you? I got tired of watching everyone I care about go missing or get attacked. And Junmyeon was hiding everything from me! I had to overhear them arguing with each other to find out that you went missing. Jesus Christ." He swears loudly, his anger kicking back up again.

"I know you're angry, but keep that for when Jaeyul and Rei come back for us. It will do nothing for you right now." 

"How did this happen? Where are we? Who took you?" Chanyeol was squinting in hopes of being able to see the other better, though that didn't seem to be working. He carefully and clumsily stands up, his body swaying slightly as he tries to balance himself. 

"What are you doing?" Jongin asks when hearing Chanyeol shuffling around somewhere in front of him. 

"Sitting next to you." He says as he immediately drops to the ground by Jongin's side, his legs burning just from walking the few steps toward him. What had happened to him? "Anyway, what happened? How did you end up here?"

"I was kidnapped." He deadpans and Chanyeol leans over to flick at Jongin's arm. "Baekhyun's psycho ex-boyfriend kidnapped me is what. And his sister is just as psycho too apparently." Chanyeol's heart drops at this. Baekhyun's ex-boyfriend? Why on earth would he want Jongin and apparently Chanyeol as well. "I woke up in their living room, which is way too homey to be normal, by the way. I mean, who has that many pictures on their walls?" A flash of white and blue rush to Chanyeol's mind so fast that he felt lightheaded. 

"Did he say...did he say why he took you? Why he would do this?"

"Payback for making Baekhyun break up with him." Jongin mumbles as he leans his back against the cold and hard wall behind him. His body was aching, every muscle in his body screaming for relief. Rei really did a number on him this time. "Oh, you should know this." Chanyeol turns to the direction of the voice, an eyebrow raising in anticipation. Then it dawns on him that Jongin can't see him or his facial expression either. 

"What?"

"Baekhyun's alive." 

 

Baekhyun watches Jongdae carry Junmyeon over to the couch, gently placing him down on it. He was concerned about his leader, but he really had no idea how much longer they'd have. He's putting most of his weight on to his good leg, his other ankle throbbing as he shifts uneasily. "He helped me escape, but--" 

"I can't believe you're back." Sehun's running to him at the speed of light, engulfing the shorter male in a tight hug that lifts him from the ground. "I thought you were dead!" The younger boy is on the verge of sobbing, Baekhyun clinging to him tightly. His eyes scan the room: Junmyeon, Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Minseok, Yixing, and Luhan. 

"Where's Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asks abruptly as Sehun continues to latch on to him. "What's Luhan doing here? Did he rejoin EXO?" Of course he can't get a coherent answer from anyone, everyone in the room too focused on the fact that Baekhyun was back. It seemed that now that Jongdae had properly put Junmyeon on the couch, he allowed the situation to fully register. 

Poor Sehun is pulled off Baekhyun, Jongdae taking his spot and cupping his soft cheeks with his hands. He takes a moment to silently look over Baekhyun's face, eyes filled with tears. "I can't believe you're back. You're here, and I can touch you and and--" He crushes the man in a tight hug, burying his face in the side of Baekhyun's neck. 

"Where were you? What happened to you? Is your ankle alright?" Kyungsoo asks timidly, lingering by the couch as if he were too afraid to approach Baekhyun. "You need to get to a hospital."

"No, I can't." He pulls away from Jongdae when the other members start to approach. "Did you not hear me? Jongin is in trouble and we don't have much time. He's the reason I'm here right now." 

"You know where Jongin is?" Luhan immediately asks. "Is he alright? He was with you?"

"We were kidnapped by the same person. Jaeyul, it was Jaeyul who took me with his sister, Rei." He speaks quickly and quietly, almost as if he were afraid of someone or something hearing him. "He took Jongin as payback. He blames him for our break-up. I can't, we need to go. Now. His life is in danger and if we stall for too long it won't do us any favors. I can lead you guys to the house, I can take you there myself. We need to go, please." 

The members look around at each other with uncertainty before Yixing speaks up. "We need to get the police involved. We've been working with them to help track down Yeon and Chanyeol and--"

"Chanyeol? Where's Chanyeol? Who's Yeon? Did someone take Chanyeol?" He urgently grabs Yixing by his hands. "Where is Chanyeol?"

"Chanyeol ran off looking for Jongin. Yeon is our friend who's been helping us look for you. Jaeyul, that's the one who took you right?" Yixing continues once Baekhyun confirms by nodding his head. "He tried to kidnap Yeon earlier as well, but she got away. He took her phone and they were tracking it down. We can't get a hold of either Chanyeol or Yeon."

"They tracked her phone? Jaeyul tried to take Yeon?" Baekhyun didn't know much about anything, though he was already starting to put the pieces of a puzzle together. Spending the last two years with Jaeyul, he's been able to pick up on his motives and his predictability. If Yeon was helping them find him, maybe Jaeyul found out and saw her as a threat. That would give Jaeyul good motive to want her, but what did Chanyeol have to do with this mix? Jaeyul and Rei had nothing out for Chanyeol, only Jongin as far as he was concerned and now possibly this Yeon character. However, Baekhyun knew better than anyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter