This is how it ends

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: sorry it took so long to update. i've been in this weird writer's slump plus classes just started up so ya know how that goes. and this is, as the title says, the ending. but there will be an epilogue don't panic ok guys

---

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this." Junmyeon says as he starts his car up, Baekhyun changing into street wear in the back of his car. "And I can't believe they actually let me take you out for quality time." He mutters as he pulls out of the parking lot. Baekhyun can be heard swearing silently when he almost kicks the seat when trying to slip into his pair of jeans. 

"Look, I'm probably the most well known patient there and they seem to be aware of how their food is. Of course they'd let you take me out for a meal." Baekhyun says as he crawls into the passenger seat after changing. 

"Except we are going to Jaeyul and Rei's house." Junmyeon sighs as he types in their address into his GPS. "I cave way too much. I swear, as soon as all of this is over I'm never caving in to any of you little s ever again." Baekhyun only laughs at this, though the nerves inside of him were starting to take over. He couldn't ignore the negative feeling inside him, one that was screaming at the top of its lungs. He felt like someone would die, be it Jongin or somehow Chanyeol or Jaeyul or Rei. He just knew that someone would die and he just needed to be there. If he was there he might be able to stop Jongin or Chanyeol from getting hurt. He just felt more in control if he was there. 

He shakes his head and glances out the window as Junmyeon speeds in the direction of the house. He didn't want to go back but sometimes things just needed to be done. "What do you think we'll walk into?" Baekhyun asks in a faint tone, his hands in his lap and his foot tapping restlessly. 

"From what you've told me? Who knows. I can't even begin to guess." He says while looking at the GPS. "We should be there in ten minutes."

"Faster." Baekhyun demands. "We don't have ten minutes. Please, Junmyeon." The leader only sighs in response before speeding up the car again. 

"When we get there, please don't go charging inside. I don't want you getting yourself killed." 

"If Jongin or Chanyeol are about to die then I will put my life on the line for them. No questions asked." He was telling the truth and he was content with this. After everything Jongin had done for him and how Chanyeol was so willing to throw himself into the line of fire just to find him...why wouldn't he? "Turn right up here." He blurts, Junmyeon swerving and nearly going off the road from how fast he makes the turn. Baekhyun's struggling to stay sitting up as his eyes shift from the window to Junmyeon. "Thank you, Junmyeon. This means a lot to me."

"Well, don't think that I'm letting you do anything stupid by yourself. I at least feel a little better when I'm able to see you, plus if anything happens I might have some control over the situation. I could protect you if it comes down to it." Junmyeon says while stealing glances at the GPS. "Five minutes away." Baekhyun drums his fingers along his seat, a nervous sigh leaving him as he begins to tap his foot anxiously. 

"...Would it be rude to ask you to drive faster?" A sigh can be heard from Junmyeon in response.

 

Baekhyun's flinging himself out of the car the second Junmyeon pulls into the driveway, not even allowing the man to turn off the car behind him. "Baekhyun! Slow down, please! We don't know what we're running into." Junmyeon calls out as he hurries after the shorter male, swearing under his breath when nearly tripping over his own feet. There was no one else here yet, no other cars in the driveway. Just as Junmyeon's about to question where the cops are Junmyeon stumbles back when seeing several cop cars speeding towards the house. 

"Well, I feel a little better about this." He mumbles as he grabs Baekhyun by his hand, preventing the other from charging into the house. "Can you wait for two seconds? They need to go in before you. Have you forgotten how dangerous these people are?" He asks with a widened eyes as he tugs Baekhyun back a few steps. "The police will handle it first, I'm not losing you for a second time." He mumbles as he moves themselves out of the way as the police go running up the driveway, the remaining members sending Junmyeon and Baekhyun confused expressions. "He insisted." He says as Jongdae and the others approach them with questioning looks. 

"We were told to wait out here in case it's too dangerous inside. We're not even supposed to be here technically." Minseok says from his spot beside Jongdae. "But I don't get it, are we just supposed to wait out in the lawn like this? It feels a little awkward." He mumbles while glancing around, a few officers waiting outside to keep an eye on the group in case anything should happen. 

"There's a lot of plot holes here." Junmyeon mumbles with furrowed eyebrows. 

"We should probably just wait by the cars." Jongdae says while Baekhyun keeps his eye on the house, something in his gut telling him to go inside. He ignores the awkward conversation between the group of men, too fixated to actually pay attention. How could he when everything in his body was telling him to step forward? To go inside the house? His hands are clammy as he takes a step toward the house, only to feel a hand wrap around his wrist and pull him back. 

"Baekhyun," it was Junmyeon's voice, stern and stubborn as ever. He feels his feet root into the ground as he keeps his eyes peeled on the house. There were too many things going on through his mind right now. He had been trapped in this hell hole for two years, two years and he hadn't even seen the outside of it since he was brought here. How could such a place look so nice on the outside, but be so terrifying on the inside? Here he was, standing outside, safe, no chains attached to his ankles. He should be happy, glad that he's out, but yet he can't stop thinking about Jongin. Was Chanyeol even inside? 

It doesn't matter though, no, not when he hears a gunshot go off from inside. With all the strength and adrenaline he can muster, he rips himself from Junmyeon's grip, immediately running inside. His feet are moving on their own; it feels like an out of body experience. He looks around the hall wildly, eyes bulging as he tries to figure out where the gunshot came from. He pauses. He can hear shouting.

He sprints around a corner, nearly throwing himself into the back o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter