Cold

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: warning: hits the fan fam

---

Luhan's black polished shoe is tapping feverishly against the tiled shiny floors, an anxious sigh leaving his lips as he looks around for a distraction. Approximately two rooms down Junmyeon was on the verge of completely losing his sanity. They had been informed by the hospital staff, Chanyeol's guards, and the police alike that both Chanyeol and Yeon had gone missing over night. 

Junmyeon took it well, he supposes. When they were first told his ex-leader erupted into loud hysteric laughter for a solid two minutes. His manager and the officer were both alarmed by this, though they kept silent until he calmed down. As soon as Junmyeon stopped laughing, however, he started yelling and even went as far as throwing one of the plastic chairs down the hall. Junmyeon then went on to screaming in the faces of Chanyeol's guards, swearing at them left and right about how incompetent they were, how they put Korea to shame, and how they could let the two get kidnapped while standing just outside Chanyeol's room. Luhan's never heard Junmyeon swear so much, nor had he ever heard the those words strung together in a sentence the way he had crafted them together. 

However, when they were all informed that they had footage of the events and when they had actually witnessed Chanyeol sneaking by the guards and then promptly heading to Yeon's room did Junmyeon lose his even more. It was almost fascinating to watch. Almost. 

It was a stressful event, that was for sure. Sehun had started to cry at one point, Kyungsoo rushing to him and pulling him in a tight embrace. Jongdae stayed glued to Minseok's side, keeping his eyes on his feet on the ground below him while Minseok decided to stare at an object-- Luhan wasn't sure what, maybe a chair or a clock hung up on the wall. Yixing was standing in stunned silence before blurting out several questions about Yeon and if they were sure that she left with Chanyeol. Things were going great; just great. 

It was at that point that the police officially got involved and Junmyeon and the rest were requested, more like commanded if you asked Luhan's opinion, that they stand back in the investigation. In which case afterwards, Junmyeon lost his even more. Safe to say, it's been a very eventful day filled with Junmyeon losing his mind just down the hall. 

Luhan turns his head to the right when hearing a soft side beside him. It was Yixing. How long had he been standing there? "Fun day, huh?" His voice was dry, not at all calming or soft how it normally was. His voice sounded tired, hoarse, exhausted. He couldn't blame him. "It's not safe to approach Junmyeon yet, if that's what you're thinking." 

"I wasn't." His hands are deep in his pant pockets, eyes narrowed as he stares ahead. Luhan had no want or need to be fulfilled that involved talking to Junmyeon in his current state. Anything could wait until later. 

"Where do you think they went?" Yixing's straightening the front of his shirt, acting suspiciously calm for everything that was currently happening. 

"Where do you think?" He scoffs under his breath, rolling his eyes as he leans his back against the wall both men were standing against. "To find Baekhyun and Jongin. And I can bet you that it was all Chanyeol's idea, the big doof. He doesn't think his actions through-- the consequences, the plan, nothing. He just dives in head first and doesn't even pray or even cross his fingers in hopes that all will end well." There was no distaste to his voice, in fact it was soft and gentle, caring if you wanted to go as far to say that. 

"I just," a sigh leaves Yixing as he sits down in one of the empty chairs, pulling at the rolled up cuff of his sleeve, "I don't want him getting Yeon hurt. I don't want him getting hurt either. He's ill and she's injured. A recipe for disaster. I can't believe she went through with him. Of all things for her to do, this was the one thing I didn't expect." He glances at his phone in hopes for seeing a message from either Yeon or Chanyeol. 

"The police are tracing their location through Chanyeol's phone." Yixing comments after another beat of silence passes. Luhan raises an eyebrow at this, glancing down at the other before laughing softly.

"The idiot took his phone with him? What kind of escape artist is he?" 

"Not a very good one, thankfully." He snorts softly. "Like you said, he wasn't thinking when he came up with this so of course he took his phone with him. The police say it's not even off, they can actively trace their movements."

"Did they say where they were headed?" 

"They wouldn't tell me." Luhan tilts his head at this. Something about that rubbed him the wrong way. Who did the police force think they were to storm in, snatch the rug from under their feet, and then refuse to share information with them? 

"Where are they right now?"

"The police?" Yixing asks. Luhan nods. "They went back to the station, probably to investigate and talk in a more private area--"

"Alright, come on." Luhan grabs Yixing by the arm and yanks him up from his seat. He was pulling Yixing out the door before he could even protest. 

 

"Luhan, I don't see how this is a good idea." Yixing pants out as Luhan storms into the police station, grabbing Yixing along by his arm. 

"Of course you don't. You play by the rules too much." Luhan drags the other all the way up to the front counter, Yixing anxiously standing behind him and watching the two seated officers typing away at their computers. Luhan narrows his eyes and clears his throat impatiently when neither officer pay him any attention. "Yes, hello." He leans himself over the front desk, yanking the cables out from the desktop monitors. Both officers snap their attention onto him as soon as their screens go black. "Who can we talk to about Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongin's case? Because I'm tired of not being told when we did most of the work for you guys." Yixing only sighs behind him as he buries his face in his hands. This was not a good look. 

The two officers only look at him in surprise, probably caught off guard from Luhan's surprising behavior (or is it really surprising?). "Can we talk to your manager?" He scrunches his nose as he turns to look at Yixing. "Do they even have a manager?" 

"Police chief." He coughs as he looks down at his shoes. 

"Police chief! I want to see your police chief!" Luhan has his hands on his hips as he angrily glares down at the two officers. They looked younger than he was, hardly professional. 

"And who are you?" The youngest one speaks up though shrinks in his chair when Luhan directs his glare onto him. 

"Lu Han. You haven't heard of me? I find that unlikely. Where's your chief? Whatever, you're wasting my time." He hardly gives them any time to respond, grabbing Yixing's hand and yanking him down the closest hall. 

"I don't think we can do this." Yixing says as he anxiously looks back over his shoulder. The older man doesn't answer and instead continues to storm down the hall. He's scanning the name plates drilled onto the wall by each door, ignoring the questioning looks officers, detectives, assistants, and interns send their way. Yixing thinks Luhan's about to give up when the older suddenly stops, sending Yixing tumbling into his back. Before he can question his antics Luhan points at the plate on the door. 

Kim Namjoon

Gangnam Police Chief

"Oh." Yixing says before whipping his head around and staring at Luhan with wide eyes when he starts to open the door. "Are you insane? We could get arrested? Luhan, please think this through." He pleads. Luhan pauses, pulling his hand back from the door knob. 

"You're right, we should think about this. Actions have consequences." The younger lets out a sigh of relief, though chokes on air when Luhan shrugs and forces the door open anyway. The lights in the office are dim, a man hunched over at his desk as his fingers hurriedly type away on his keyboard. Yixing anxiously glances at Luhan when noting that the man behind the desk, Chief Kim assumedly, hasn't noticed their presence yet. They could still get out of this, if they just leave quietly--

A loud and obnoxious clearing of the throat has the man looking up from what he was doing. Confusion was on his face briefly, though he soon sighs out of annoyance. "Luhan, Yixing, what pleasure do I have with the two of you today?" He leans back in his seat, placing his folded hands over his stomach. 

"What's going on with the case? Do you have officers out? Do you even know where to look?" Luhan, like earlier, wasn't giving anyone time to answer with his several questions. "And no, I won't my head out like you told Yixing to earlier. Another member is missing and so help me god if you and your incompetent team don't figure it out this time I swear I'll--"

"Please don't threaten the chief in his own station." Yixing mumbles from behind the fuming man. 

He sighs as he slowly sits up, his hands resting on the surface of his desk. "Luhan, I understand your frustrations, I really do. However, I wasn't the chief of the station two years ago when the case was first brought under investigation. Since then the Gangnam Police Force has undergone several changes, including new officers as well as a new chief. We're taking this case just as seriously as you are. We're just as frustrated as you from the little amount of effort that went into this case when it first came to light. I promise you that we're doing everything we can to help find both Baekhyun and Jongin." 

"You better be serious, Namjoon." Luhan says as he crosses his arms over his chest, shifting in his spot slightly.

"Please, Chief Kim will do." The two have a brief stare off, Yixing glancing between the two unsurely. 

"Let us help. I think it's been well established that we know more about the case then you or employees do. We can get it done faster if you share information with us, and in turn we'll share information with you."

Chief Kim scoffs at this. "We do this for a living, we do this professionally. Luhan, you or your other members could get seriously hurt from just one misstep. You could even get killed if you aren't careful enough. We're dealing with a possible killer, someone who's extremely dangerous and unstable. Do you understand how serious this situation is? Now you have a third member missing along with a woman who was dragged into this and we have no idea if they're safe or not."

"Aren't you tracing their location right now?" He asks in an irritated tone. 

Chief Kim sighs as he runs a hand through his hair. "How exactly would you plan on helping the case?" It's as if his question throws Luhan off guard, the man only able to gawk at the chief in response. "Hurry now, I don't have all day." 

"Well, we know Baekhyun and Jongin's personalities. We know what they're like and what they would and wouldn't do. We also know how Chanyeol works and thinks and I can probably already tell you what he's up to with Yeon." Yixing takes over for Luhan who's still dazed and caught off guard. "We know that whoever took Yeon and Jongin was stalking Jongin, we just don't know why. We have so many questions and only half answers, but if we work together I think we can start getting more full answers and less questions. You just need to trust us, we aren't just the boys running around blindly trying to find answers. We're putting thought into this and I feel as if we're so close to uncovering the truth. We must be for them to have taken Yeon and J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter