Boum! It's revenge, baby

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 1, 2020 2:15AM

Chanyeol's had just about enough of all the secrets the members have been keeping from him. From refusing to update him on Baekhyun to going as far as covering the fact that Yeon was assaulted and Jongin kidnapped, it was safe to say that he was fed up. Hell, he didn't even know that the police were involved until just a few hours ago. A deep sigh leaves him as he grabs his bag from the chair placed against the window of his room, one meant for visitors. He managed to sneak out earlier and steal his clothes from when he was admitted and changed into them once he made it back to his room. 

Chanyeol was going to leave; he was going to find Baekhyun on his own. It was clear that his group mates planned on keeping everything from him and while that hurt him deeply, he didn't have much time to dwell over things. He had a mission and that mission was to find Baekhyun and now, apparently, Jongin too. He had a plan though, or at least what little of a plan he could think up within the last three hours. He was going to leave, of course, but not on his own. He flings his bag over his shoulder, rolling his neck from side to side to ease out any tensions. 

The hospital was relatively dead at this point, with the doctors and nurses running sparse and his bodyguards normally asleep at this hour, he shouldn't have much trouble getting out. He peeks out his window, grinning to himself when noting that the two guards sitting outside his room were, in fact, asleep on the uncomfortable and hard plastic chairs. He snorts to himself as he carefully and slowly opens his door, slipping out and making his way down the hall once noting that there were no doctors or nurses in the area.

Too easy, he thinks to himself. He keeps a careful eye out on the room numbers displayed on the walls by the doors as he walks by. "316." He whispers to himself while looking down at a piece of paper with his chicken scratch on it. He wasn't sure if he was correct or not; it was something he picked up on when Junmyeon was talking out in the hall earlier.

310, 312, 314... "316." He whispers to himself when stopping just outside the door. He peers into the small and narrow window on the door, grinning a lopsided smile when seeing Yeon reading in her hospital bed. At least he knew he wouldn't be waking her up. As if she noticed his thoughts, she looks up from the book she's reading, slowly closing it and placing it on the other side of her. As soon as they lock eyes, he carefully opens the door and slips in. 

"What are you doing up at this hour?" Yeon asks with a confused expression gracing her delicate features. "And why are you dressed in your normal clothes?" 

"We are going out." He mutters under his breath, dumping his bag on the empty chair by her bed. 

"We?" She asks with a raised eyebrow. "I'm not discharged for another week, Chanyeol." Her voice is laced with uncertainty as she watches the other shuffle around her hospital room. "And you aren't discharged for another few days, right?" 

"No one told me Jongin was kidnapped." He says while rummaging through his bag. "And no one is including me about finding Baekhyun, so," he huffs quietly and tosses a pair of clean clothes to Yeon. "We're doing this ourselves."

"What--" She catches the clothes before they can hit her in the face. She scrunches her nose when flattening them out on her bed and realizing that they aren't her own clothes. "Whose are these?" 

"I found you a new pair of clothes since your old pair were bloody and a little torn up." He says while leaning back against the wall. "You have to change so we can leave. No one will let us out if we're in patient clothes." 

"Chanyeol," She sighs softly and gently places the clothes on her lap, "this isn't rational. You aren't thinking straight; you're letting your emotions dictate your actions. That's the worst thing you can do in a situation like this." 

"Yeon, I'm going whether you come with me or not." There's a small frown on his lips as well as a tinge of disappointment in his voice. "I can't just sit around and wait for Baekhyun and Jongin to come back. I lost my best friend already; I can't just stand around as I lose my other best friend too." 

"And where would we be going?" Against her better judgment she decides to play along with his idea. 

"You were taken by the guy who kidnapped Jongin, right?" She shifts uncomfortably at his question and how casual he made the question sound. "Do you remember anything? Like, before you woke up. Did they take you to the same place they brought him? Did they keep you both separated?" Chanyeol was flying a lot of questions Yeon's way and it was making her a little lightheaded as she tried to keep up with them. 

"I don't remember much." She admits as she leans back against the headboard of the hospital bed. "I remember Minseok's car failing to start up and then suddenly Jongin's head was bleeding and I was pepper sprayed. Then Jongin was being strangled," she ducks her head slightly as she tries to remember more, her eyebrows furrowed as her mind desperately runs over everything, "and then we somehow got out of the car. We were running but then I was tasered. I lost consciousness soon after that." 

Chanyeol flinches from her story as he tries to push the thoughts of Jongin and Yeon being attacked out of his mind. "You don't remember anything else? Nothing at all?" He didn't mean to pressure her into remembering anything, but he needed as much information as he could get so he could be that much closer to finding Baekhyun and Jongin. 

"I woke up and it was pitch black. I don't know where I was, but there was a man with me. It wasn't Jongin." She clarifies the last part before continuing. "He kept the mask on so I don't know what he looked like. He was swearing to someone else...I don't know who. He was angry that he picked up Jongin's plaything when he wanted only Jongin. Another voice told him that he'd have to make do with it. It sounded like a woman, but I'm not sure. The voice also sounded like it was talking through a phone. I don't think she was actually there with us."

"So there's two people involved?"

"I think so. They were arguing about what to do with me, but I kept losing consciousness every few minutes. It was hard to keep up with what they were talking about. He obviously ended up dumping me in the woods, but then he started to chase me. He was saying things like how Oni and Kura need a playmate. Those might have been the names he mentioned. I'm not sure what that means." She leans her head back against the pillows as she thinks over everything that happened. "I wasn't supposed to get away. I'm not sure why he dumped me in the forest to begin with. Like a predator chasing after its prey. Sick and twisted."

Chanyeol stays silent for a moment in order to let the information process through his mind. "You want revenge?"

His short and simple question catches her off guard, the poor girl nearly choking in the process. "What do you mean by that, Chanyeol? If you're talking about what you brought up earlier--"

"Don't you feel like you could be doing more? Don't you just hate sitting around and waiting for someone else to solve this for you? Because that's how I feel. I feel so helpless and useless while Jongin's suffering somewhere out there. I need you to help me track them down. Do you think you could do that?"

She chews on her bottom lip anxiously as she thinks over what he's saying. Nothing about this was rational. Nothing about this was sound. How could she even track him? 

"Your phone had a GPS tracker in it, right?"

"My business phone doesn't--"

"The phone he took from you. Not your business phone; your smartphone." Yeon and Chanyeol exchange a look at this, a shiver shooting up her spine. 

"Why don't we just tell the police force to track my phone?"

"Those idiots are useless. I don't trust the experienced cops who ignored Baekhyun, and I certainly don't trust the new cops who are just looking for a fancy cold case to solve so they can be promoted to a higher league. You know who I do trust? You and I."

She was flattered, truly. But still, this couldn't be the right way to go about things, could it? "What about Junmyeon? What about Yixing? Shouldn't we inform one of them?"

"No. They didn't inform me about anything. We need to go now before my guards wake up and find that I'm not in my room anymore. Are you in or not?" His arms are crossed over his chest as he leans against the wall that's straight across from her bed. "Because I'll figure out how to track your phone on my own if you aren't--"

"I'm in." Yeon blurts out without much thought. She knew she would regret this, but something about Chanyeol's aura was really encouraging her to follow through with his plan. She pushes the bed sheets off, her bare feet landing on the cold tiled floor beneath her. "Turn around so I can change." She mumbles while holding up the plain black shirt and jeans. Were these even her size? Chanyeol does as told, turning around so that his back is facing her. Within a minute or two she's dressed and out of her hospital gown, slipping on the hospital slippers that were given to her by the staff. "You couldn't grab me a pair of shoes or anything?"

"Those aren't lying around like clothes." He scoffs before she gives him the okay to turn around. "Here." He tosses her a baseball cap from his bag. "Something to hide your face with."

"We're walking out through the front door?"

Chanyeol nearly laughs at this. "Of course not. We're going out the window." Yeon stares at him as if he's grown three heads. They were on the third floor. He strolls over regardless and pops the window by her bed open, sticking his head out slightly. "It's not too cold." 

"Are you insane? We'll kill ourselves." Chanyeol waves his hand dismissively.

"Relax. It's not like I'd let you die, Yeon." 

"Chanyeol, are you serious? There's no way in hell that I'd ever--" Chanyeol only shoots her a knowing grin in response.

 

Yeon isn't sure how she made it down without screaming the entire time or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter