Lonely nights

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin's lounging on the couch while playing some addicting game that he saw advertised on Instagram. He can hear Chanyeol and Baekhyun softly gossiping in the kitchen, Kyungsoo chiming in as well every few minutes. It brought a smile to his face to hear the three of them bantering; it was one of the many things that Jongin doubted he could ever grow tired of. Jongin chuckles to himself when hearing Baekhyun and Chanyeol burst out into loud laughter, Kyungsoo swearing after and no doubt hitting one of the two as a result. He huffs quietly when dying for the nth time on his game, exiting out of the app and placing his phone onto the couch beside him. He lifts his gaze when Junmyeon walks into the room, visibly stressed about something. 

"You look stressed. Try taking a nap." Jongin calls out though Junmyeon just snorts quietly. 

"Can't." He responds before disappearing. Jongin only shakes his head. The man worries himself too much; Jongin was convinced Junmyeon was going to take at least ten years off his lifespan simply from being the leader of their group. He can hear the laughter dying down in the kitchen the moment Junmyeon enters and his voice comes across as hushed and muffled. He raises an eyebrow at this, his curiosity getting the better of him as he carefully slides off the couch and makes his way towards the kitchen. 

"What's up?" Baekhyun asks, a small pout gracing his lips as he stares at the stressed leader. "Something happen?" Junmyeon's clearly avoiding the topic, rummaging through the cabinets for a dish. Jongin raises an eyebrow while sliding over to the fridge, acting as if he were looking for a snack. In reality Jongin's just incredibly nosey. He's probably the nosiest out of all s. 

"I know you were excited to see The Last Jedi tonight," Jongin knows it's never a good sign when Junmyeon starts a sentence off where he states how excited you are to see something, especially with that notorious tone of his, "but Yongmin just informed me that I have to shoot for shoe ad tonight." It's hard to miss the look of defeat in Baekhyun's face though Jongin decides to keep his eyes on a bottle of mayo that sat untouched instead. 

"Ah, well, that's okay." Kyungsoo's quick to comfort the male, patting him on the back gently. "You can always see the movie another night, yeah?" Baekhyun only nods his head, a distant look in his eyes. Baekhyun didn't care about seeing the movie, he just wanted alone time with Junmyeon and that alone was something he had to fight to get. 

"It's alright, I understand." But still, Baekhyun refused to show himself getting upset over something that's so trivial, something that would just make him seem crazier to the rest of s. Maybe he was being childish, maybe he wasn't. It's hard to hide the disappointment from his voice though and the smile that Baekhyun uses to cover it only adds to the already unbelievable statement. "It's not your fault. Yongmin likes to schedule things whenever he wants." He tries to joke though the humor was absent from his voice. Junmyeon's wearing a guilty expression on his face as he shifts uneasily in his spot. "We can just see it as a group another night. I know Jongdae's been dying to see it. I'm sure Sehun will enjoy it as well." There's an odd tone to Baekhyun's voice as he speaks, clearing his throat softly afterwards. "I think I'm going to take a nap." He speaks up before Junmyeon can say anything. "Have fun at your shoot tonight." He pats Junmyeon on the shoulder awkwardly before shuffling out of the room. 

"I think he's just tired is all." Kyungsoo says softly after a few seconds of silence pass. "Don't take it personal, Junmyeon. You'll get the chance to see it later." He flashes a warm smile at him, rubbing his arm gently before heading out of the room as well. Jongin watches quietly as he finally shuts the fridge door, a small frown tugging at the corner of his lips. He wasn't sure why the atmosphere was so tense because Junmyeon couldn't see a movie that night. Then again, Baekhyun often took things to heart when it came to their leader. 

"Yeah, well, I'll make it up to him. I know that for sure." Junmyeon sighs before leaving the room as well. Jongin and Chanyeol exchange looks with each other, the older shrugging his shoulders. "You know how Baekhyun is. He admires Junmyeon a lot. To be honest, I think he's more upset about not getting his alone time with Junmyeon than he is about missing the movie. Honestly, he's not even into Star Wars that much." Chanyeol snorts and Jongin laughs quietly. 

"Jealous that your best friend is chasing after someone else?" Jongin teases lightly, wiggling his eyebrows before laughing loudly when he dodges a playful hit from the other. 

"You wish. I know that Baekhyun still likes me more. Junmyeon bosses him around too much. I'm like...the cool mom." Jongin raises an eyebrow at this. "You're the cool mom? I thought Junmyeon was the cool mom. Why would Baekhyun want to be best friends with a cool mom?" Jongin's smiling so wide that his cheeks are starting to hurt, though he always got this way when bantering playfully with his older group member. 

"Shut up." He huffs after having no come back. 

 

The members are spread throughout the dorms in search for a seventh camera in pairs of three. Kyungsoo, Jongdae, and Sehun were searching the bathrooms, Yixing, Luhan, and Jongin were in charge of looking through the bedrooms, and Chanyeol, Junmyeon, and Minseok were searching the kitchen and living area. "I can't help but feel like it's in plain sight and we're just idiots." Minseok comments while Junmyeon practically tears the refrigerator apart. 

"I like to think that we're smarter than that." Junmyeon mumbles as Chanyeol empties the cabinets of all the dishes and boxed and canned foods. "I just wish it would jump out and bite us in the faces. I'm getting so tired of searching the entire place for a camera that might be smaller than my index finger." Minseok nods in agreement while checking each and every dish he pulls out. "Do you think the others are having any luck?" 

"I hope so." Junmyeon sighs before finishing the search through the fridge. "Nothing in here. Checked all the foods and bottles in here. Couldn't find anything that would indicate a camera. I'm going to start looking through the living room so we can get more ground covered in a quicker timeframe. Call out to me if you find anything." Junmyeon's out of the kitchen within the next few seconds, sounds of him rummaging through the sofa cushions heard. Minseok glances over at Chanyeol before clearing his throat quietly. 

"How are you feeling, Yeol?" Chanyeol only glances at him before grunting in response. It's all he offers and he says nothing more, Minseok debating whether or not he should drop the subject. He frowns slightly when remembering how upset Jongin was the other night about Chanyeol and ultimately decides to keep up with the topic. While Jongin was soft hearted and worried easily over his friends and family, Minseok figured he had good reason to. He didn't worry over trivial things. If he knew something was bothering someone then it bothered him as well. "Chanyeol, we can talk about whatever it is that you're going through. Chances are that we're all going through it." Chanyeol ignores him though, or at least that's what it seems to him. His eyes narrow slightly, though he shakes his head while searching through the bowls he's stacked on the counter in front of him. "You know we're all trying our best to get answers."

Once again, Chanyeol says nothing, not even sparing him a single glance. He sighs softly before scrunching up his nose. "Chanyeol?" He scoots over closer to the taller male, a mischievous smile forming on his lips when an idea pops into his head. "Kiss me?"

Chanyeol chokes at this, whipping his head around while staring at the shorter with wide eyes. "I beg your pardon?" He manages to squeeze out. "In this situation? Isn't that inappropriate?" 

Minseok raises an eyebrow at his response. "Relax, I'm kidding. But that was your biggest concern? You're honestly so weird." He scoffs quietly. "I wanted your attention and I got it. Now talk." He jabs him playfully in the side. "It's very clear that you're upset over everything that's going on."

"No -" Minseok immediately sends him a look that warns him to watch his mouth. "Sorry." He quickly covers his . "I just feel like we aren't getting anywhere no matter what we do. We get one answer and then another three questions pop up. I feel like whenever we start to figure things out or head on the right path, we end up completely losing all progress and where we are. I feel like we're never going to find Baekhyun at this point. It's more likely that he'll show up at our front door before then." He lets out a frustrated sigh and runs a hand through his hair. He stares down at the counter with such an intensity behind his eyes that Minseok can't help but look away. 

"Chanyeol..." He sighs quietly and continues to sort through the dishes. "I know that things seem helpless right now, but I believe we're on the right track. This is the most we've known since he went missing. That's a good thing at least, right? We know that there's a person behind this, we know he didn't just run away on his own. We just have to figure out who and why." 

"I guess." Chanyeol mumbles quietly. "I don't- maybe we'll find something soon." He laughs quietly when he finishes going through his items. "Nothing here. Shocker." He slams a can of food on the counter before leaving the kitchen to join Junmyeon in the living room. 

 

"Baekhyun, what's up?" Yifan asks when picking up the phone. It was late and he most certainly wasn't expecting a call from the other at this hour. He had just gotten back to his hotel room and he was unsure if Baekhyun's staff and management knew that he still had his contact information. 

"That- that er did this to me." His breathing is heavy and the younger's voice sounds hoarse as if he had spent the last few hours screaming. "Have you seen it? Have you ing seen it?" He shouts and Yifan flinches. He wasn't sure what he was talking about as he had been busy filming for a movie the entire day. 

"Have I seen what?"

"You must have seen it. It became a ing international scandal." He laughs at this, though there's no humor behind it. Baekhyun lets out a shaky sigh in attempt to compose himself, rubbing his fingers against his forehead in a frustrated manner. "Wait, here. Let me read you this one." He scoffs as he pulls up one of the endless articles on his phone. "EXO's Lead Vocalist Turns Out to Be Gay." Yifan furrows his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't understand what was happening; even if Baekhyun were gay, how would people know? "This one is my favorite: Closeted Gay Member Byun Baekhyun of EXO Gets Exposed for Being Gay. I'm not sure how many times they can use the word 'gay' in an article title but you get them clicks, boy." His voice was heavily laced with sarcasm as he runs a hand over his face, pulling his features down slightly. 

Before Yifan can even question the man on the other line, Baekhyun speaks up. "Byun Baekhyun of EXO Caught Leaving the Apartment of a Man at 3AM. Did I mention that my hair was a mess and I was buttoning up my shirt too?" A sigh leaves Yifan as everything starts to click together.

"Do you know how you got, um..."

"Exposed?" He deadpans. "Yeah. I know exactly how I got exposed. The guy I slept with did it. Did I mention he took pictures of me asleep in his bed? He sold them to AllKpop. I'm going to ing sue them, by the way. They think they can release pictures of me like that without any consequences? Oh, I'll show them." Yifan's never heard Baekhyun so angry before, though he had every right to be. He was practically fuming through the phone to the point where he was concerned that steam would start to seep through the speakers. "And for that bastard- that motherer!" He's swearing loudly and Yifan stays quiet, letting the younger get everything off his chest in order to vent. "I was nice to him, Yifan. I was so nice to him."

"What do you mean? The guy whose apartment you left?" He scratches the side of his head as he sits down on the side of his bed, his shoulders tense as he listens to the rambling man. 

"Yes! Keep up, Yifan." There's a hint of playfulness to his voice that makes him smile slightly. "My bad." He chuckles quietly. "Just want to be on the same page."

"I don't have time for relationships; you know this." Baekhyun's pacing around his room as he ignores the banging on the other side of his bedroom door, the door locked. It was probably his manager who was ready to bite his head off and throw him into a blender. The scandal had happened earlier that day and he had yet to address s or manager about the issue. None of them even knew he was gay with the exception of Sehun, Yixing, Chanyeol, and Jongdae. He was sure Junmyeon wouldn't be happy, though he knew none of s were homophobic. More so they would just be mad for him jeopardizing their image. Not that he would blame them; they've all worked so hard to get to where they are now. And for what? For Baekhyun to ruin it by sleeping with a man who wasn't even worth his breath? 

"So you were just sleeping with the guy then, right? Was it just once?" There was a long silence on the other side and Yifan sighs softly. "Baekhyun, was it just once?"

"No." The other admits after a minute. "It was more than once. Six times, if you want me to be honest." He purses his lips as he glances at the door, Yongmin yelling from the other side. 

"Alright...wow." He's trying to think of the right words to say so he doesn't come across as offensive. "Did the guy know you didn't want a relationship?"

"Yes! We both went into this stating that there were no strings attached. I didn't wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter