All things must come to a boil

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin and Baekhyun immediately jump to their feet when hearing a door slam in the distance. "What do we do?" A panicked Jongin whispers to Baekhyun. 

"Maybe she's just going to the bathroom." Baekhyun whispers back, though even he seems unconvinced by his own theory. 

"Or maybe she's coming to ing kill us." Jongin thinks he's two seconds from passing out. Baekhyun darts over to the office door, kicking the chains out and then promptly closing the door quietly, locking it afterwards. He then turns around to look at Jaeyul's unconscious body. 

"You think he has duct tape in here?" He exchanges a look with Jongin who immediately rushes over to the desk, opening every drawer and rummaging through it. He pulls out a roll of duct tape, tossing it to the black haired man. Within five minutes Baekhyun and Jongin have successfully taped Jaeyul's hands and feet together, as well as placing a strip of tape over his mouth. "We probably don't have much time before Jaeyul wakes up or Rei comes breaking the door down." He chews on his bottom lip as he looks around the office before an idea strikes him. Baekhyun's never had this much adrenaline in him since living here. He's always blindly followed Rei and Jaeyul's rules in fear of being punished, but something about this situation had him willing to risk everything. "We can escape by going out the window." Jongin walks over to the window when Baekhyun brings up the suggestion, sighing loudly when seeing that the window was nailed shut. 

"He probably thought that far ahead. It would be too easy to open a window and hop out it." He sighs as he backs away from the window. 

"We can try breaking it with something."

"Wouldn't that just bring Rei's attention to us?" He counteracts Baekhyun's idea. It seemed too risky to make too much noise. Then again, did they really have much of a choice? If they decided to leave the office then they'd have to face Rei, which would leave them as good as dead. He supposes it didn't matter anymore, at least not when Rei started pounding on the door from the other side. 

"Well, whatever we're going to do we need to do it now." Baekhyun says as the two start to frantically look around the office for anything that could break the window or pry the nails out.

"What can even take out nails?" Jongin stutters as he looks around nervously. 

"A hammer, but I doubt he has one in here." 

"Another lamp?"

"There isn't one."

"What about a chair?"

"Are you suggesting we just throw the computer chair at the window?" Baekhyun asks incredulously. 

"I don't see you spitting out other ideas." He whines as Rei's banging grows louder.

"Open the ing door!" A shiver shoots down Jongin's spine. He's never heard her that angry before. Jongin thinks he's only a few seconds away from breaking out into a hysterical sob, the fact that Jaeyul was tied up on the floor and Rei was about to break the door down-- it was just way too much for him. His senses were completely overloaded at the moment. Thankfully Baekhyun seemed to be unfazed by it.

"Does he have a heavy book or something? A paperweight?" Jongin wants to pull his hair out. How is there so many items in his office, but none of them are actually useful? 

Baekhyun scans the room, lips pursed as he crosses his arms over his chest. Surely there was something they could use. There was no way that there was nothing for them to break the window with. He can hear the door starting to give way to Rei's fist, the older man grabbing the computer desk by the side. "Jongin, help me push this against the door." Jongin does as told, grabbing the opposite side and pushing it with Baekhyun towards the door. "It'll hold her off at least a little longer." He sighs. 

Back to square one.

"That." Jongin points to a pot containing a small plant inside. "It looks sturdy enough, why don't we try that?" Baekhyun only watches as Jongin grabs the pot, pulling the plant after briefly apologizing to it. He holds onto the pot tightly before slamming it against the glass. Baekhyun flinches from the loud noise, feeling his heart sink as he watches the glass barely budge. "I can try again." Jongin chokes out nervously when Rei starts to kick at the door. He slams the pot into the glass another three times, sighing in relief when watching the glass start to crack. 

"Let me try." Baekhyun anxiously speaks up as he tries to ignore Rei's insane screaming, taking the pot from Jongin's hands carefully before repeating the same process he did. "It probably only needs four more hits maybe." He speaks quickly as he glances back at the door, the desk being pushed away from how hard she was hitting the door. 

"Hurry, hurry." Jongin ushers the other quickly. "She's going to get in soon." Baekhyun's slamming the pot against the window as hard as he can, Jongin hovering over his shoulder as he takes turns from glancing between the door and the window. A loud crashing sound is heard from behind them, both Baekhyun and Jongin turning around to see Rei kicking the door open, the desk falling backwards. For the first time this evening, Jongin sees Baekhyun frozen in fear. He quickly swipes the pot from the other, hitting it hard enough that the glass on the window finally breaks. 

Rei's trying to climb over the desk that's blocking her path, Jongin grabbing Baekhyun by the shoulders and staring him dead in the eyes. "Baekhyun, snap out of it." He shakes the shorter male slightly, gently patting his cheeks as he moves so he's blocking his vision from Rei. "Baekhyun, listen and listen closely," he glances back when seeing Rei get past the desk, charging at them. "I'll distract her, but you need to get out. There isn't much time." He barely gives Baekhyun any time to react before he starts shoving him towards the opened window. 

"Jongin, are you insane? I can't leave you here. She'll kill you!" He tries to reason with the other, gripping onto his forearm tightly. "I'll stay with you. I don't want you here alone. I don't care what the punishment is, I'll go through it with you. I'm not letting you do this by yourself." He's trying to reason, he's never reasoned this hard in his entire life. Jongin isn't having it though, forcing the older male to start to exit through the window. "Leave and find the rest of the guys. Go to the dorms, we're still in the same area. Tell them who took you, where you went, that I'm here. Tell them about Rei and Jaeyul and everything they did to you, go. You can bring the police here. I will be fine, it's okay, Baekhyun." Baekhyun's gripping onto his arms tightly with shaky hands, eyes watering as Jongin tears away from him, throwing himself at Rei afterwards.

He can only watch as the two land on the ground during their struggle, Jongin throwing punches while Rei tries to kick him off. "You need to go!" Jongin shouts and waves a hand in his direction. He grabs Rei by her ankle when she tries to get up to chase after Baekhyun, pulling her back on to the ground. Baekhyun can only watch in stunned silence before his body screams at him to move, the reality of the situation glaring down at him. He completely gets himself out of the window, landing in the thick snow. The cold air immediately hits him, the boy nearly falling back in surprise before forcing himself to wade through the snow. He didn't know where he was, at least not well. He did, however, remember how to get to the dorms once he was close enough. 

He pulls his arms around himself tightly to shield himself from the harsh winter air, warm tears prickling at the back of his eyes. How could he have left Jongin like that? Of course the other one told him to, but that didn't mean he had to listen to him. A choked sob leaves his small frame as he makes his way down the empty street, picking up his pace as he looks back. He couldn't help but think that Jaeyul or Rei would pop out at any moment. 

"I'll come save you Jongin, just like you came and saved me. I promise. Please just hold on a little longer." 

 

Yixing and Luhan have managed to herd the remaining members into Chief Kim's office, the other officers already in his office as well. "What's going on?" Junmyeon asks in a tired voice. Yixing rests a hand on the small of his back before pulling the man close to his side and rubbing his back soothingly. 

"Yixing and Luhan have talked me into letting you guys participate with the case. However," he quickly cuts off the members when they start to chat among themselves excitedly, "once I see you putting your health at risk or your lives on the line, I'm pulling you off. You'll also be working closely with my officers for different areas. I think it would just be more organized that way. Now, if you won't mind I'll start putting everyone into groups." He waits for the members to grow completely silent before turning to look at his officers. "Seokjin and Hoseok, you'll be working with Yixing and Junmyeon on tracking down Park Chanyeol and Yeon." He watches as the two officers nod their heads. "Luhan and Sehun, you'll be working with Jimin and Jungkook on finding evidence to see if Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongin's disappearances are related to one another and if they are, why the kidnapper would want Kim Jongin as well." Luhan groans silently when seeing that the two timid men were the same ones he chewed out at the front desk. "Kyungsoo, Jongdae, and Minseok, I'll have you patrol the area with Yoongi once we've narrowed down on an area that Park C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter