Plastic taste

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon's blankly staring at the ceiling fan above his bed, the quiet creaking of the fan serving as the only thing keeping him awake this late at night. He honestly had no idea what he was going to do about everything. He still had to tell the members about finding the camera in Jongin's car and what they were going to do about it. Junmyeon wanted to tell everyone; Luhan on the other hand only wanted to tell Yixing and Yeon. He didn't see how that was a good idea, but maybe the other was seeing something that he wasn't. What would happen if he didn't inform the other members about the camera and then something happened? That would look bad; especially if it was something that could have been preventable. He'd hear Luhan's side on things, but as leader he's already decided that he'd inform the other members (he was still unsure about informing Chanyeol though) about the camera, including Jongin. 

He sighs softly as he turns restlessly in his bed. He glances over at the digital clock on his bedside- it was ten minutes past three. He pushes himself to lie on his back as a sigh leaves him once again. "Junmyeon, your restlessness is making me restless." Jongdae grumbles from the other side of the room. "Do you need me to cuddle you?" There's a tint of playfulness to his voice and Junmyeon only rolls his eyes in response. 

"I can't sleep." He sits up and rubs at his eyes tiredly. He really wanted to sleep, his stress was just getting to the best of him though. "I have too much on my mind."

"That's nothing new." Jongdae's voice is deep and husky, indicating that he woke up not too long ago. "You've always got too much on your mind. What is it this time?" The lamp by Jongdae's bed is flipped on, his feet thumping against the wooden floor softly as he sleepily walks over to Junmyeon's bed. He sits down on the edge of the mattress, poking Junmyeon's leg lazily. "Spill." 

"Spill what?" He decides to play dumb; it might be in his best interest. 

"What's on your mind. You're at keeping secrets and it's clear you have one." Junmyeon only shakes his head in response, though Jongdae doesn't seem convinced. "You found the seventh camera, didn't you?" He has a eating grin on his face when Junmyeon starts to choke on his own spit, eyes wide as he tries to force words out of his mouth. "You're so naive thinking you can pull one by me by now. Don't you know that I, Kim Jongdae, know all?" He flips the long hair that he doesn't have, instead awkwardly waving his hand in the air by the side of his neck. 

"Right," Junmyeon states slowly, "it's complicated-"

"So you found the camera then." He scoots over so that he's sitting in the middle of the bed, his legs crossed as he stares patiently at the other with his hands rolled into fists and resting under his chin. He even bats his lashes a few times in hopes that the leader will elaborate further. "You're gross." Is all Junmyeon says as he goes to lie back down. 

"What, no- you can't sleep after telling me this information!" Jongdae whisper-shrieks. 

"I didn't tell you anything. You asked questions and then started coming up with assumptions." He deadpans.

"Your actions spoke for you." He argues as he crawls over closer. "Tell me or I'll start whining like a child."

"You mean the thing you're doing right now?" 

"Junmyeon!" 

"Alright, fine, fine." He throws a pillow at the younger instead, burying his face further into his own pillow. Couldn't he just leave him alone and let him rest? He feels himself roll his eyes as the sheets next to him begin to lift, Jongdae wiggling himself underneath Junmyeon's sheets. "Spill." He says, placing the pillow that Junmyeon threw at him and resting his head on it. "If you don't spill," he wiggles his index finger in Junmyeon's face, "I'll be forced to poke your nose."

"Is that your way of threatening me? You'd be the worst villain in a movie."

"I take full offense to that."

"Jongdae, I can't tell you-" He's cut off when Jongdae abruptly pokes his nose with his index finger. "You remember Yixing's friend, Yeon?" Jongdae nods his head eagerly; he knew his method of torture would work. "Luhan called her earlier tonight and she's flying own tomorrow. She's going to take a look at it before we decide to say anything. We're going to show the members the footage regardless, but seeing it first might help us explain things to them and how to go about the situation and-"

"That's a terrible idea." Jongdae deadpans.

"Excuse me?" His eyes narrow and he lightly kicks his foot into Jongdae's knee. The other doesn't flinch though, and he continues to keep his stance. "It's a bad idea. The members will be pissed that you hid it from them, invited Yeon down, watched the footage, and then decide to tell them. You have to watch together with everyone present- maybe excluding Chanyeol." He notices the look Junmyeon's giving him and decides to explain further. "This whole thing is built off trust, Junmyeon. If they find out you, Luhan, Yixing, and someone who isn't even in the group watched it before saying anything you will break that existing trust. It doesn't matter if you did it with good intentions, that's just how things are. When Yeon arrives tomorrow hold a family meeting. We'll all watch it and figure out what to do from there based off the footage."

"You're sure?" He's hesitant; he just got back on good terms with Luhan and he didn't want to jeopardize it, but at the same time he was feeling extremely guilty over the possibility of not telling the other members. He was their leader and as their leader he needed to set good examples. How would it look if he were the reason that everyone felt so divided? 

"We'll hold off on telling Chanyeol. Not because we think he doesn't deserve to know, but because he's ill and it could put his health at risk. A big part of the reason Chanyeol's where he's at now is because we keep finding information but no answers. He really can't be informed until we get something that's solid; something we can go off that might have an answer." Junmyeon nods his head to what Jongdae was saying. He held several good points. Chanyeol was not in the right state of mind to be receiving any information over what they were finding. "Where did you end up finding the camera?"

A long sigh leaves Junmyeon as he rolls onto his back. He knew this question was coming, it was inevitable. There was no point in lying or beating around the bush, if he didn't tell him now he would only end up telling him tomorrow with the rest of the members present. "Luhan and I found it in Jongin's car." Jongdae grows stiff at this, eyes widening as he immediately jerks up. "You're serious?" He was dumbfounded. The last place he would have ever expected the camera to be would be in Jongin's car.

"Unfortunately." He mumbles. "It was in his air vent. There was a faint buzzing in the background that was similar to the buzzing in Baekhyun's room back in 2014 when the cameras were still active. Jongin was never bothered by the noise and thought it was from the ceiling fan, so it would make sense that it didn't bother him in his own car, right? He might have just thought it was a noise from the air vents." Jongdae's staring at Junmyeon with a concerned expression. "Why on earth would the stalker want Jongin?" 

"I don't know yet, hopefully that's what the footage can show us. Or at least help give us an idea. His camera was still active, so whoever was stalking Baekhyun is still currently stalking Jongin." Jongdae feels like throwing up at this information. To know that the same person that was directly or indirectly involved with the disappearance of Baekhyun is actively and currently watching one of their members was terrifying. What if the same thing happened to Jongin? What would they do then? 

"You have to tell the members right away. Jongin needs to know about this for his own safety. We shouldn't let him go anywhere alone and when he goes to the hospital to visit Chanyeol he needs guards and security with him- and oh my god, Chanyeol." Jongdae groans before flopping himself back onto the bed. "Jongin cannot tell Chanyeol about this. Chanyeol will actually go into cardiac arrest." 

"I know. That's why I was debating on telling Jongin in the first place." 

"No, something like that needs to be brought to everyone's attention immediately." Junmyeon nods his head at this, pulling the sheets up slightly as he gets comfortable. "I'll bring it to everyone's attention in the morning, don't worry." He watches as Jongdae snuggles up to his side, the younger always clingy when tired- it didn't matter who he was with. 

"I think," Jongdae practically yawns in Junmyeon's ear, "I'll sleep with you tonight. All this talk has me creeped out." He buries his face in Junmyeon's shoulder before he can respond, the leader only shrugging off his antics as he lets Jongdae get comfortable. Having someone next to him during all of this was comforting to him as well.

 

"Is this a good idea?" Luhan asks as Junmyeon gathers everyone in the living room, Yeon standing awkwardly by Yixing's side in the far corner of the room. 

"Maybe not, but it's better than not telling them anything at all. We'll get through this together, Luhan. It's okay." He pats him on the back in a reassuring manner, Luhan nodding his head. "If it's what you think is best." Is all he says before trailing over to the couch and sitting in between Minseok an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter