Hell is where I dreamt of you

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's staring down at his trembling hands,  cold sweat breaking out over his already damp skin. Furrowing his eyebrows, Chanyeol curled into himself, a desperate try to keep himself away from everybody. His heart was racing in his chest as he tries to bring himself down from his high. He didn't know what to do and he wanted to cry out for Jongin or Kyungsoo, but all the words he had in his mind were stuck in the back of his throat that refused to tumble out. He wasn't where he was supposed to be. He can recall the chain of events perfectly. He went back into his room once Junmyeon and Luhan left to pick up food, closed his door, and took a nap. He didn't feel like socializing (though to be fair he didn't feel like doing that often now) and just wanted to be left alone. He considered letting Jongin keep him some company when he knocked on his door, though he decided he could do with some much needed alone time. He fell asleep to Jongin's soft knocks in the background. That was it. That is until he woke up to a sudden crash in his room.

But it's not his room. He can barely see his hands when he holds them in front of his face due to his dark and cold surroundings . He's not sure how he got here; he was pretty certain if it had been a case of sleepwalking that s would have stopped him from leaving the dorms. Does that mean someone snuck into his room and took him? Was he drugged? How would any of this be possible in the middle of the day? Unless, that is, he slept through the day and into the night and s let him be out of courtesy. What time was it anyway? It's not like he'd be able to tell in the dark. He feels around his wrist. His watch was gone. A scoff leaves him at the thought of someone stealing his watch. "What's wrong with you?" He scolds himself silently. "Your watch should be the least of your problems right now." He pushes himself to sit up though immediately drops back down to the ground when feeling a searing pain shoot throughout his ankle. Was it broken? He leans forward and gently rubs at the skin around his ankle, hissing quietly when massaging the swollen skin. If it wasn't broken then it was at least sprained. At least he didn't feel any bone sticking out or open wounds.

Chanyeol persisted, he needed to get up. He sticks his arms out in hopes of touching a wall with at least one hand. He's startled when he feels his hand hit something, though after a few seconds of examination he discovers it's a wall. He leans his weight against the wall and pushes himself to his feet, heavy breaths leaving him as he tries to keep himself from getting dizzy. Should he call out to someone? That might get him killed. His eyes have somewhat adjusted to the darkness, only being able to see faint outlines of the walls and possibly a door. He cautiously walks forward, eyes narrowed as he tries to see more of the room he's in. There's an odd outline in the far corner of the room and he's not entirely sure what it is, though it doesn't exactly give him good vibes. Something draws him towards it regardless and he can feel his feet moving on their own as if they had a mind of their own. "H-Hello?" He couldn't help it; he needed to see if it was something that would respond to him, good or not. As he got closer to the outline the more humanistic it appeared to be. It was smaller than he was, but that didn't mean that it couldn't pose a threat to him. Clearly someone put him here. He reaches out to touch the figure in front of him, his fingertips having barely brushed against it as it jolts away from him.

"Hey-" A blue light flickers above him that makes his eyes hurt at first having adjusted to the darkness around him. His eyes widen when seeing the figure in front of him, all the words that he had rehearsed in his head for this moment have seemingly vanished. His ankle gives out on him as he goes to take a step back, collapsing onto the floor instead. He wanted to run away in that moment, something that shocked him as he thought he would have wanted to run forward and engulf the other in his arms. "Chanyeol," it's Baekhyun, looking alive and very healthy, "why are you trying to run away from me?" His hand is reaching out for him and a choked sob leaves Chanyeol. Was this really him? Was this really happening? He grabs onto his hand tightly, Baekhyun pulling him to his feet. "You're hurt." He gestures to his swollen ankle. God, his voice. It sounds just like him; Chanyeol nearly forgot what it even sounded like it's been so long.

"Where are we? How did I get here? How are you- how did you- you're alive." He breathes out and wraps his arms around the shorter male tightly. "What happened to you? We need to get you back home; Junmyeon's going to be so happy. Everyone's going to be so happy, Baekhyun!" He's practically shouting out of excitement as he pulls away from the other, a bight, wide smile on his lips. Baekhyun's eyebrows are only furrowed in response before slowly shaking his head. "What? What do you mean by that? Why are you shaking your head?"

"I can't leave. I'm bound to this place; it's my home." With each step Baekhyun takes back, Chanyeol takes another two steps forward until Baekhyun's backed against a wall. "What are you talking about?" He quickly looks over the other, frowning when seeing that there weren't any chains on him. "Why can't you leave? I'll bust in the person's face who took you here. If you're scared that they'll keep you from leaving then just leave them to me. I won't let anyone hurt you anymore, Baek. I promise you that."

"You almost sound convincing." The other whispers gently. "I almost believe your words." He lets out a soft sigh as he cups Chanyeol's cheeks, his thumbs carefully caressing his skin. Chanyeol's leaning into his touch, his eyes fluttering shut before his words sink into his skin. "What do you mean? Why don't you believe me? I swear I'll get you out of here."

"Ah, Chanyeol," there's a sadness to his voice as he cradles the taller man in his hands, "I can't. I'm a part of this place. I can't leave."

"I can get you out of here." He argues stubbornly.

"No, Chanyeol. You aren't listening to me." His voice is so soft and gentle, yet it makes his words sting Chanyeol's heart even more.

"No, you aren't listening to me!" His voice cracks and trembles as he speaks while Baekhyun's eyes bore into him. "I'm bringing you back home, do you understand me? You aren't a part of this stupid place. I won't let you. I'm going to bring you home and everyone's going to know who did this to you. I'm going to make people care, okay? You're coming back!" Baekhyun only nods his head at this, thumb gently wiping the tears from the corners of Chanyeol's eyes.

"How did I get so lucky to have you in my life?" He looks at Chanyeol with a loving look as he speaks, a faint smile on his lips. "You need to go now, love." Chanyeol shakes his head quickly and buries his face into the side of his neck, clinging onto his longtime friend. "Chanyeol, you need to leave. They need you. I'll be alright."

"I'm not leaving you, Baekhyun! You need me more, don't you see that? I think anyone can agree right now that you need me more. I'm not leaving you, stop-"

"Chanyeol, we'll meet each other again, alright?" He's starting to fade away, in fact the entire room around him is starting to fade away.

"Baekhyun, no! Don't leave me!" He's screaming as everything around him turns to white, the older man standing in front of him. A smile is still gracing his lips and Chanyeol can feel his heart shattering into tiny pieces. How can he stop this from hurting so much? He feels his feet moving on their own once again and he starts to pick up the pace, running towards the vocalist. He's shouting his name, his hand grasping at thin air when he reaches out to take his hand.



"NO!" Chanyeol screams when jolting awake in bed. A thick layer of sweat covers him as he sits up in the middle of his bed, his sheets half on the bed and half on the floor. He's breathing heavily as his eyes water upon realization that everything had been a dream. He never found Baekhyun, he never heard his voice, and he was never closer to discovering what happened to him. He feels anger bubbling up in his chest as he looks around the room wildly, trying to figure out what he was going to do. He screams instead, which wasn't what he was planning on doing but he didn't care. He grabs a fistful of his sheets, tossing them across the room in frustration. "! , !" He grabs the clock on his nightstand and throws it at the wall, watching as all the pieces shatter once it made contact with the wall, the plastic pieces dancing on the tiling of the floor.

A choked sob leaves him as he grabs more things he can get a hold of, clothes, shoes, pictures, and slamming it against the wall or against the floor. Why was this happening? Why couldn't this happen to someone else in the world? Why did it have to happen to his best friend? He didn't deserve this; Baekhyun never deserved anything bad thrown his way. He's breathing heavily as he stands in the middle of his now trashed room, broken objects and clothes scattered across the floor. It looked like a hurricane hit his room and his room only. He knots his fingers in his hair as he lets out a frustrated scream, hot tears starting to stream down his red cheeks as he lets the walls around him fall apart.

His head was pounding and his heart was racing, to the point where  his chest was beginning to ache. He just couldn't take it; he didn't know what he was supposed to do. Everything seemed just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter