Epilogue

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: this took so long because i wrote it 5 or 6 times so it would come out perfect. i hope you like it and i hope it did the story justice. thank you for always being there.

---

May 6, 2021 7:48 am

 

Baekhyun jolts awake from a dream, his skin slicked in sweat. His chest is rising and falling rapidly as he looks around his bedroom, the room dimly lit from the natural light streaming in through his windows. Even after six months, Baekhyun was still having nightmares about Jaeyul and Rei, Chanyeol and Jongin. It just seemed too good for everything to be over.

He slowly sits up in bed, running a hand through his damp hair. Even after all his therapy sessions he just couldn’t shake everything away. Not that he expected things to be easy, but he was also hoping they wouldn’t be this hard either. He was getting better though, slowly but surely. He didn’t want to let what happened to him control his life. Even if it left him uncomfortable, Baekhyun was forcing himself out of his room, out of the dorms. He was attending parties, social events, family gatherings. He wanted to convince the world that he was okay, even if he wasn’t. It was overbearing, truth be told. To have s, family, and even all his fans to constantly worry over him. He didn’t want to stress anyone and if by him acting like everything was okay would solve things then so be it.

Still, he wished the nightmares would at least stop.

There’s a sudden knock on his door that startles him. That was a thing now. Every small movement, noise, whatever it be, scared him. It was something he was working on. His therapist said it would go away with time.

“Hey.” Chanyeol pokes his head in the room after opening the door, a lopsided grin on his face.

“Hey.” Baekhyun chokes out. Chanyeol had this effect on him where he would always take his breath away. He wasn’t sure if he liked that or not yet. His therapist also said that would go away with time. He wasn’t so sure about it that time though. “You’re up early. It’s not even eight yet.”

“So are you. I came to wish you a happy birthday.” There’s a proud smile on his lips as he speaks with his chest puffed out. “Was I the first one to wish you a happy birthday?”

“You’re speaking as if you didn’t spam my phone last night at midnight on the dot.” There’s a moment of silence before the two erupt into laughter. He watches with an adoring smiling as Chanyeol pushes the door open more, happily making his way into his room before plopping himself on Baekhyun’s bed. “So, birthday boy, what is it that you wanted to do today?” He does a playful jab to Baekhyun’s arm while he speaks.

“Honestly? Nothing.” He immediately regrets what he says when he sees the disapproving and concerned look on the other’s face. “I don't mean it like that. I don’t plan on moping around all day or anything. I just want a day off to hang out with everyone here. I don’t need a giant party or this huge social gathering or whatever. Let’s just binge watch movies on the couch tonight and order Chinese takeout.”

“You promise that you’re doing this because you want to? Not because you’re upset?” He leans forward to eye Baekhyun carefully, to make sure that if he’s lying he’ll catch it instantly. “Because if you’re lying to me I’ll be really sad--” He’s shushed when Baekhyun leans forward and presses his lips against Chanyeol’s soft ones, his eyes fluttering shut while he lets out a quiet hum. He pulls away only after a few seconds, his heart soaring in his chest when he opens his eyes to see a wide smile plastered on Chanyeol’s face.

“Since when could I lie to you? I wouldn’t want a sad Chanyeollie.” Reaching his hand out, he teasingly pinches Chanyeol’s cheek. Really, Baekhyun would rather die than see Chanyeol upset because of him. Since Chanyeol’s discharge from the hospital nearly three months ago, Baekhyun’s made sure not to take any moment with him for granted. To be reunited with him only to nearly lose him again right after was too much. Baekhyun wanted to spend as much time with the other as possible. “How is your chest feeling?”

“It’s feeling better.”

“Is the scar still hurting?”

“Only sometimes.” Baekhyun had a tendency to worry over the other, but he couldn’t be blamed. Even though the doctors informed him that the wound looked worse than it actually was, that didn’t stop the fear that he might lose him.

“And your taking your medication when it hurts?” Baekhyun’s eyes are narrowed as he eyes the other suspiciously.

“Yes, mom.” Chanyeol laughs when Baekhyun punches his arm lightly. “You should come into the kitchen. Actually, I was sent in here to get you. I just got distracted along the way.” Baekhyun only shakes his head at this. Great, how long had the others been waiting on him thanks to Chanyeol? Then again, what were they expecting when they sent Chanyeol? The boy got distracted by everything. He was like a puppy in that regard.

He slips his hand into Chanyeol’s, a warmth spreading throughout his chest as their fingers intertwine. His feet slide into the slippers by his bed, the two then getting up and heading out of his room. “I’m surprised everyone managed to get up so early. That’s no easy feat. How long did it take to drag Jongin and Sehun out of bed?”

“A good hour.” Chanyeol comments while they make their way down the hall.

“An hour?” He nearly shouts. “How long have you guys been awake?”

“Since five. Kyungsoo wanted to make the perfect cake for you and you know how Junmyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter