Too beautiful to die, too wild to live

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: there's a brief scene with some detailed depictions that may be too graphic for some. Happy reading!

---

"Good morning, Chanyeol." Jongin says as he peeks his head through the door before entering all the way, Yeon and Kyungsoo trailing in after him. "How are you feeling? You only have three more days left until you're released. Exciting, right?" He was trying to be optimistic for the other, though Chanyeol for once was also excited. 

"I am, actually. I'm tired of being in this hellhole." He says while sitting up. He watches as Jongin takes a seat on the chair next to his bed, bowing slightly to Yeon and then Kyungsoo. "I'm so bored here. All I can really do here is watch tv all day and scroll around through Twitter or Instagram. It was okay at first but now it's getting kinda old now. I also watched every YouTube video in my recommended list." Jongin's eyes widen at this while his eyebrows raise. "I know. I watched two-hundred videos." He snorts under his breath before bringing his attention back to the other. "So what's going on at home? Any word about Baekhyun? Has anyone found anything yet?"

"Chanyeol, you know we aren't allowed to talk about these kind of things." Kyungsoo tsks while Jongin's digging around in the bag he brought with him. "The doctors said that if you get stressed enough you could have a heart attack and this situation involving Baekhyun is pretty stressful, yeah?" Chanyeol only rolls his eyes at this, though before he could protest Yeon's placing a small stack of two or three books on his lap.

"I brought this for you since I figured you would be bored here. And you confirmed my suspicions. The doctor said to avoid giving you any thrillers or suspenseful novels, so I went for some comedies and some mystery ones. I hope that they'll be good enough to cure your boredom. Figured it would be better than scrolling aimlessly on social media for several hours." She's clearly anxious, feeling out of her comfort zone when talking to people she didn't know. She's rocking on her heels slightly, a small smile on her lips. "And Jongin said that you liked to read in your free time so I thought- well I brought these with me for the plane ride, so I haven't been using them." She awkwardly clears when catching herself rambling. "Hope you enjoy them." She squeaks out before scurrying towards Kyungsoo and standing behind him, though due to her impressive height that was closer to Jongin's or Sehun's she ended up towering over him anyway.

Chanyeol stares down at the books placed on his lap. He was honestly touched that someone would take the time out of their day to bring him something; he was honestly just shocked that someone would even think of him when going about their own day. "Thank you, Yeon. I'm sure I'll enjoy these. I love mystery novels, and who doesn't love to laugh?" He hopes to ease the other's tension when seeing her second guessing herself. 

"Oh, yeah that's true." She smiles sheepishly. Jongin's rubbing his hands together nervously while glancing around the room from his seat, Chanyeol catching on right away. "What's wrong?" Chanyeol wasn't stupid; it wasn't hard to tell when something was bothering Jongin. Honestly, it wasn't hard for Chanyeol to tell when something was bothering any of the members. He was always good at reading people. Or at least so he thought, anyway. "You're usually more talkative than this. You haven't really said much since coming in and that's unlike you. Did something happen? Did you find something out about Baekhyun?" There's a hint of hope in his voice when he asks and it only makes Jongin feel guilty that he had no actual news about Baekhyun to bring him. Chanyeol's tilting his head so that he can catch the younger's eye, smiling a bright smile when accomplishing it. "Hey." He says after a few seconds of silence pass. Jongin can't help but laugh, lightly slapping his arm in the process. "Seriously though, what's wrong?" 

The fact that Jongin still looked hesitant concerned the other male. "What if you stayed at the hospital just a little bit longer?" Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows at this. Why would he suggest something like that? Had the doctor told him something that he didn't know about yet? "I'm just afraid that if you come back home you'll get stressed out over all the talk about Baekhyun. Things are getting a little intense back at the dorms and Baekhyun seems to be the only thing anyone's ever talking about. What if you have a heart attack?" 

"I won't have a heart attack just because someone's talking about Baekhyun." Chanyeol dismisses the idea quickly. It was such a ridiculous thing to think about. He was stronger than that. 

"They're just..." Jongin didn't want to say anything that might freak the other one out, so he needs to be careful with everything that he's going to say. He glances over cautiously at Kyungsoo and Yeon who are watching him closely. He knew they would intervene if anything got too tense. "I don't want you locking yourself away in your room anymore because you can't handle the conversation." He panics slightly when Chanyeol flinches from how harsh he sounded. "I didn't mean to sound harsh."

"I know you didn't." Chanyeol says after a moment of silence. Chanyeol could have gotten upset over what the other said, but he knew him well enough to understand that he meant no harm with his words. It was just poor wording, he wouldn't hold that against him. "I'm just concerned that you'll charge into everything head first and then fall into the same problems as earlier."

"What am I supposed to do then? I still get released in three days." Chanyeol wasn't really sure where Jongin wanted to take this conversation. 

"Stay in the hospital?"

"Stay in the hospital? For how much longer? I can't just ask the staff to keep me longer. If I'm healthy then they have to let me go, that's how this whole hospital thing works." He explains with wide eyes. 

"I just need you to stay until this Baekhyun situation is settled and figured out." Jongin pleads as he pulls at the bag handle in his hands. Jongin couldn't have Chanyeol finding out that a camera was found in his car. He knew it would send him over the edge; he couldn't handle another thing like that happening. And if Jongin were in danger he didn't want Chanyeol to know anything about it. Call him selfish, but he'd rather this all disappear before he gets back home.

"And when will that be, Jongin? We have no idea when something like this will ever be solved or figured out. Should I just live in a hospital until then?" He scoffs at the thought and shakes his head. "Thank you for your concern, Jongin but I will be okay coming back. I won't lock myself away in my room and I won't give myself a heart attack, alright? I'm a big boy, I'll be able to handle things." Jongin only sighs at this, though decides not to say anything. It was always a losing battle whenever he argued with Chanyeol. Mostly because he was too stubborn to let anyone else win, but Jongin also had a soft spot for him which didn't help him at all. 

"Alright." Yeon jumps in before things could heat up any further. "I'm going to run to the market and pick up some things for you to eat, alright?" She grabs her purse, flinging it over her shoulder. Jongin quickly gets up. "I'll go with you. I know what he likes so I can help you look for things. Plus I know the area and I assume you aren't too familiar with it, right?" He laughs quietly when Yeon grows flustered from the question. "I'll take that as a yes. Soo, will you stay here with Chanyeol until we get back? If the nurses come by with a meal and try to force him to eat it just let them know that we'll be back in fifteen to twenty minutes with food for him to eat." He's joking about the nurses forcing him to eat of course, though Chanyeol still acts as if it would actually happen. "See you soon, alright?" 

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol wave the two off as they exit the hospital room and head down the hall afterwards.

 

Jongin's been scanning the aisles with Yeon for a while now in hopes of finding something that Chanyeol would like. He's been buying him a little too much boxed ramen recently and figured that the older might want a change of routine. He also wanted to skip out on treats; Jongin had been feeding him too much junk food and Junmyeon would more than likely scold him if he found out. He would get him a meal, one that had nutritional value. It didn't help that Yeon didn't have much knowledge about Korean food and also knew next to nothing about Chanyeol and what he liked. Maybe he should have had Kyungsoo come with him instead. He definitely would have known what to get for the other. He's lazily pushing the shopping cart in front of him despite knowing that he wouldn't buy enough to need a cart in the first place.

Jongin honestly loved shopping, but he hated dealing with everyone in the public. Anytime he went just to run errands he'd have fans hunt him down or random strangers who'd flag him down just because he looked familiar. Sometimes he had an elderly couple stop him to tell him how much they liked his dramas. He didn't normally mind it too much, but sometimes he didn't have enough time to stop and talk with everyone. Today was one of those days, he really wanted to get back to Chanyeol before the nurses stopped by his room. He was wearing a beanie and a black surgical face mask in hopes that people wouldn't notice him, though he found out that when you wear a disguise around people who aren't, you'll get caught faster. There didn't really seem to be any winning in his experience. He was wearing a black hoodie as well, trying to avoid making any unwanted eye contact with people around him. Thankfully it was the middle of the week and in the morning, so most people were either at school or at work. 

"He'll want some orange juice maybe." Yeon says while staring at all the cold beverages in front of her. "He hasn't had that in a while." Jongin agrees, leaning forward and then grabbing the personal carton of orange juice, placing it into the cart. "Drink, check." He mutters to himself while turning his cart around. "Now for the actual...meal part." He groans silently while roaming down the empty aisles. He was really bad at remembering what people actually liked to eat. He's not sure why his memory only failed him when trying to recall the favorite foods of his friends and family, but that's how it seemed to always go. He sighs and digs around his bag that's placed in the cart, hunting for his phone. He figured he'd just call Chanyeol and ask what he'd want to eat. As luck would have it though, Jongin can't find his phone in his bag. He hastily checks his pockets before groaning loudly. He must have left it in Chanyeol's hospital room. 

"Yeon, do you have your phone on you?" He asks when turning around to look at her. She's trailing not too far behind him, gazing at the two aisles surrounding them.

"I do. Did you forget yours?" She asks while pulling her phone out of her purse. 

"No, but I left mine in the hospital room. Kyungsoo probably has it then. I was going to call and ask him what meals he'd want to eat, but I don't want to waste your time. I'm sure we'll be able to find something. I mean, our two minds put together? Unstoppable." Yeon laughs at this, shaking her head as she follows behind him. "If you say so." She hums quietly. 

"Would he be mad if I just bought him a sausage stick?" He asks himself while standing in the middle of an aisle.

"Probably." Yeon answers from his side. He pitifully kicks the air before throwing in two packages of sausage on a stick anyway. Whatever, Chanyeol will be grateful for whatever Jongin gets him. Jongin throws in a few bags of almonds, instant ramen (because Chanyeol will never be able to escape it), microwavable rice (something Jongin was never big on but Chanyeol actually seemed to like it), and a few microwavable dinners after several more minutes of searching with Yeon. Jongin's not sure why he's buying Chanyeol so much food; maybe this will somehow last the rest of the week. It would be nice if he didn't have to run to the market anymore. Most of the items he tossed into the cart didn't contain nutritional value like he hoped, but beggars can't be choosers and Chanyeol's going to eat whenever Jongin shoves down his throat. 

"Are we getting him food for the rest of his stay?" Yeon asks when peering down into the cart and looking at all the food.

"Knowing him he'll eat all of this by the end of the day." He snorts while pushing the cart towards the cashier aisles. "You haven't seen him eat yet. It gets ugly." He warns as him and Yeon walk up to an empty line.

The cashier gives him an odd look while ringing up his...variety of food, though Jongin just smiles awkwardly in return. He probably looked like the exact definition of a college student right now with the stuff he was trying to check out with. Regardless, she kept her thoughts to herself and let Jongin checkout painlessly. He was relieved that she didn't recognize him, and if she did she certainly didn't let on that she cared. Honestly, Jongin really didn't want to be spotted by anyone right now. With Chanyeol's hospitalization everywhere in the news, he'd certainly be hounded with questions by concerned and worried fans. Not that he could blame them, but he just really didn't want to answer them. Especially when he wasn't allowed to. Along with that, people might think Yeon's his girlfriend and a dating scandal on top of everything else was really the last thing he wanted to deal with. SM would then also find out about Yeon and would most likely question him into his early grave about her. He thinks the extra stress added onto everything would surely result with him going into the hospital as well.

He's carrying his bags of groceries to Minseok's car, not letting Yeon carry any of the other bags. Jongin hadn't admitted this to anyone, but he was really excited to be driving around in Minseok's car. He had an absolutely beautiful car and it was rare that he let anyone else drive it. Obviously the situation that allowed him to drive the car was unfortunate, but Jongin would take what he could get. If he had to have a stalker in order to drive his car then so be it.

He giggles to himself when fishing out Minseok's car keys from his bag when finally reaching the vehicle, grinning when hearing the car unlock. "So nice." He compliments the car while popping open the trunk. He carefully places the bags inside, closing the trunk of the car afterwards. "Good job, Jongin." He praises himself while walking over to the driver's side of the car. He plops himself down into the seat and turns on the car, pulling on his seatbelt after. Yeon gets in the passenger seat, pulling on her seatbelt as she leans back into the seat.

"You weren't lying when you said Minseok had a really nice car." She says while admiring the car, her eyes taking in the dark leather seats and the smooth wooding on the dashboard. "This must have cost a fortune." 

"I don't even think I could afford this car." He comments while turning the keys in the ignition. His eyebrows furrow when the car doesn't start up, his eyes widening slightly. Did the battery die? Was it something that he did? Minseok would actually kill him if he messed up his car. He didn't think he did anything wrong, but Jongin was a little clueless sometimes when it came to cars. "Please don't do this to me." He gently begs the car as if it'll listen to him. He pats

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter