I'm Home.

Where He Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: short chapter, but i think it's worth it.

---

Yeon smiles politely as she looks at the woman behind the door, Chanyeol immediately getting to work and asking her about Jongin. She watches as the woman places a hand on her chest, a concerned expression on her face. "That's awful." She says softly before tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "And you have no idea where he went?"

"None." Chanyeol knew better than to give out too much information. After all, he knew Yeon's phone was somewhere in this area. "So now we're just going door to door and asking people if they've seen him or any suspicious activity." 

"That must be extremely tiring, you poor things." Yeon smiles slightly, though inches closer to Chanyeol absentmindedly. "But I understand what you're going through. When I was a teenager my father went missing; we never found him." She leans against her doorway, the end of her dress fluttering slightly in the winter breeze. "It's a very traumatizing thing to go through." She was very pretty, Yeon thought. She had a sense of class to her, something she just couldn't place her finger on. She jumps slightly, startling Yeon and Chanyeol. "Where are my manners? You poor kids are standing out in the snow and I don't even offer you inside." She scolds herself and Chanyeol can't help but smile. 

"That's alright, ma'am. There'll be no need." He locks his phone and places it in his back pocket. 

"I insist. It's so cold out. At least come inside for a cup of hot chocolate or coffee and then go on your way. You kids look too tired to be driving when it's getting this dark out." Chanyeol and Yeon exchange looks with one another. They're speaking through their eyes, Chanyeol asking for Yeon's approval. She shrugs in response before nodding her head.

"Just for a bit, I guess. One cup of coffee, right?" 

"Of course. I won't keep you for too long." She opens her door wider, moving to the side so she could let the two in. Yeon can't help but to instinctively grab on to the end of Chanyeol's sleeve, following him closely as she looks around the house. The floor was made of a dark brown, chocolate almost, wood paneling and the walls painted a color similar to the woman's dress. It was a pretty interior design. She looked around to see pictures lining the walls, some of people and some of random objects. 

"You have a lovely house." Yeon says gently as they're brought to white fluffy chairs, a black coffee table just a few feet away. 

"Thank you, that's so kind of you to say." She says with a soft smile, gesturing for the pair to sit down on the white love seat. "I'll be out with your coffee in just a minute, please make yourselves comfortable." With that she's gone, Yeon and Chanyeol sitting down on the love seat. 

"She seems nice." Chanyeol mumbles as he rubs at his jeans tiredly. 

"A little too nice." She whispers as she continues looking around the room. "Isn't it a little weird?"

"Maybe, or maybe she's just a woman concerned about what's going on. It's not safe outside." He defends, leaning back against the soft material of the seat. "We'll figure something out tonight when we leave." He frowns slightly when noticing the woman wince beside him. "Are you alright?"

"I'm still sore." She whispers as she rubs at her side soothingly. "I wasn't supposed to be discharged for another week, you know." She chuckles lowly. "My injuries haven't completely healed yet and your health isn't good yet either, you know that right?" 

"You're very motherly, do you know that?" She rolls her eyes at Chanyeol's words. 

"That doesn't make me wrong. Just be careful. And we need to keep in mind that my phone is somewhere in this area, so no one is innocent until we find it." She whispers out, her face scrunching up in pain before leaning back against the couch. "I've been running around too much. Maybe I should have asked for tea instead of coffee." 

The two look up when the woman pops back into the room, two glasses of coffee in her hands. "Hope I didn't take too long." She says as she gracefully places them on the coffee table in front of her. "Oh, are you alright?" She asks when noticing Yeon's pained expression. 

"O-Oh, yeah I'm fine." She waves her hand lazily before picking up her glass of coffee.

"You aren't...hurt, are you?" She keeps a keen eye on Yeon, watching as she blows on the beverage before taking a sip of it. 

"No, no. Just sore from exercising last night. I must have pulled something." She lets out a nervous chuckle before taking another sip of her coffee. The woman then glances at Chanyeol, watching as he brings his coffee up to his lips, giving it a second to cool before sipping on it. 

"You know you're doing dangerous work, right?" The woman asks only after Chanyeol and Yeon have drunk more than half of their coffees. 

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol asks with a raised eyebrow. "Hardly that. We're only going door to door and asking if they've seen anything. Hardly dangerous in my book."

"Is that so? You're naive." Her tone is low and sharp as she speaks with Chanyeol. He furrows his eyebrows in response, Yeon growing still beside him. Her vision was starting to blur, the room moving ever so slightly. 

"Maybe, but we're only going to the front doors of houses." 

"What if a monster opens the door?" 

"Chanyeol." Yeon blurts out as her shaky hands drop the glass of coffee onto the floor, the glass shattering on the wood beneath her. "Chanyeol, she put something in the coffee." Chanyeol immediately looks down at his drink, eyes widening as he shoves the drink away from him. He didn't feel anything, nothing felt different. It's not until he gets up, however, that it all hits him at once. His body drops back onto the couch, his legs feeling like jelly. He tries to push himself up, arms shaky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter