Hardships

SEE MY SKY

Your Pov

 

 

When the clock was 11:15 pm, we were ready to leave. Seri locked the doors and we started walking towards the nearest bus stop. Seri was pretty cool. She was apparently 23 years old and had worked at the cafe for a while now. She was one of the shift managers in Mango Six. Even if it was my first day, I enjoyed it since I knew that from this day onwards I would be making money, so I could move to my own apartment at some point. Not that living with Hayi would be so horrible. I just felt somewhere inside of me that I'd be a bother to her.

We didn't manage to get far till Seri got a phone call from her boyfriend who had come to pick her up. Soon she was running towards a car which had parked next to the road on the left. I smiled to them sadly and continued my way to the right. Maybe someday I could get someone to wait me to get off of work. I smiled to the thought as I continued towards the bus stop.

I arrived to the bus stop but noticed that the next bus to my place would leave after 30 minutes which why I decided to just walk. Slowly I made myself to the other side of the road and continued to my right. From the eye corner, I noticed someone coming out of the building next to me but I didn't give it a lot of thought. Kim Yoongi.. What kind of guy are you?

 

 

"Hmph." I heard someone snorting somewhere near me so I turned to look over my shoulder only to see..

"..." My eyes widened as I slowed down my pace. Him again?

"We meet again." He stated with his normal tone as he started to walk next to me.

"How did you..?" I furrowed my brows and turned to look at the building he came out from. "Did you just come out from the BH entertainment?" I asked since I could obviously connect things.

"Nah. Next to it. From the pharmacy." He just noted all amused.

"Ah.." I approved with a nod. "Then I'll.. I better get going now." I rubbed my neck and fixed my scarf.

"I'm living in the same way so is it okay if I tag along?" He asked and I cocked my brow.

"Why wouldn't it be okay?" I chuckled once since it was a weird question from him to ask. "I mean.. It would be pretty weird if you just kept on walking behind me awkwardly." I wondered out loud and laughed to my own awkward statement. Why am I like this? Yoongi just snorted. We continued walking side by side towards my place.

"I heard you're going tonK-ARTS as well? Is it the reason why you're staying at Hayi's?" He suddenly started so I turned to give him a quick glance.

"Yeah I moved just because of the school. I'm working on getting my own place." I explained and noticed how he was still waiting for me to continue. "Oh right.. I'm glad I got in." I continued and for surprise, I sounded like I would oppose my words completely.

"Really?" He questioned in amusement and I turned to look at him. This was something I didn't like to talk about. "No need to explain if it's a sore topic." He shrugged.

"Ah-- Well.." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Then how's it been - even if you don't like it?" He asked which got my thoughts away from my mom.

"It's been.. Surprisingly.. Not that bad. Even if we've only had lecturers at this point." I told and turned to look at where we were going.

"I remember my first year and it was just like that." He told and I smiled to him slightly. It must've been good for Hayi to find someone like him in her life.

"I heard from Hayi that you're on your senior year now.. What's it like?" I asked, not looking at him but when he didn't give me an answer, I turned to see his expression.

"Pretty busy considering that I'm only a third-year student." He chuckled once and it was probably my first time hearing his laugh.

"Really?" I narrowed my eyes to him. "Maybe I misheard it.. You're still in the Department of Production?" I muttered and gave him another question.

"Yeah still." He told and gave a thoughtful look to the asphalt.

"But you don't like it either?" I questioned. He didn't say a thing and just stared the ground in front of him. 

"It's complicated." He smiled in amusement but the smile faded away pretty quickly.

"Hm." I nodded once and stopped walking. "Look, I'm sorry I made the situation this awkward. It must've started from the day we met at Hayi's place.. I'm such a--" I started babbling but got cut off by Yoongi holding his hand in front of me. I fell silent and gazed his hand before looking up at him again. I slowly placed my right hand on his and he squeezed my hand slightly.

"I never got the chance to introduce myself." He told and withdrew his hand.

"Oh, I know you. The real question is if you know me." I started with an awkward smile but he continued straight away.

"You're Lee Naye, I know, I heard from Hayi." This Yoongi guy acted completely different than a week ago at Hayi's apartment.

"Oookay.. So you knew me back then." I mumbled quietly and looked down to the sparkly asphalt.

"Actually I only learned it today." He said and I lifted my gaze to look at him. He looked at me curiously like he would be studying my reaction for his sudden statement. I furrowed my brows slightly before turning to look away again.

"Ehm look.. Maybe I really should get going now." I told him without looking at him. I turned around and continued walking forwards.

"And just leave without saying bye?" He questioned and I heard amusement in his tone. I heard him following me.

"Let's meet sometime!" I exclaimed without looking back. Why am I like super awkward around this guy? "Nice job Naye. That seemed completely normal.." I mumbled quietly.

"You really speak to yourself by using the third person view?" Yoongi's sudden words next to me startled me near death.

"Gosh!" I turned to look at him again and bit my lips together. This doesn't go like I wanted. Sorry Hayi, in advance..

 

 

Namjoon's Pov

 

 

When I got to my place, I headed straight to the couch in my living room. I sat down and leaned my back against the back rest. Tomorrow would be independant studies so I would go straight to the company without even thinking about the whole school. I closed my eyes and just relaxed for a while until my phone beeped in my pocket. In annoyance, I dug it up to see the screen. Yoongi? 

Without bothering to check it just yet, I placed my phone to the couch and just was. Soon my thoughts sailed to the walk with this Naye girl. Even the brief moment we had together made me feel a lot of sympathy towards her. Like if she'd been through a lot as well. The best part was that even if her presence felt like that, she managed to make it seem like everything was perfectly fine. I furrowed my brows when my thoughts traveled back to work and school. I wish I could just filter all the problems away.

Just then the scene at Yoongi's place flashed through my mind.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

"This must be serious since you didn't even want for Yoongi to know about this." I mumbled since we were now in Yoongi's bedroom just the two of us.

"I know but.. I want to help you and at the same time I want my sister to get her life back on track. I want her to dream big again.." Hayi explained and lowered her gaze.

"So this is about your sister?" I tilted my head and leaned my right side against the wall.

"Yeah. I know she can sing. I've always envied her since she has the purity in her voice and she doesn't need to put an effort on sharing her emotions to the listener when she sings.. It took me years to practice to be able to sing like that." I eyed Hayi's gaze which was locked on the floor.

"She sounds like someone I'd like to listen to sing." I pointed out since I already was loving Hayi's voice.

"I'm sure you would, but you know.. Even if she's studying in K-ARTS, something happened few years ago.. Something that made her to stop singing." Hayi lifted her gaze to meet mine. "I haven't heard her sing even a word in these last five years!" She raised her voice desperately.

"..." I stayed quiet eyeing her seriously.

"I know she wants to sing and perform but something is just keeping her locked up. I hope this school will make her like she was before." Hayi mumbled and I saw her eyes glinting as if she was about to cry.

"So you want me to..?" I started to guide her.

"I hope that your urge to hear her singing would be so big that you'd like to help me out." Hayi told and I nodded once. This girl sounded interesting indeed.

"But Hayi-ah.. You know me, and you know that I'm not much of a helper kind of guy." I stated honestly. I wasn't fixed for myself either which made me feel some sympathy towards her.

"I know but that's why you could be just the right kind of guy to help her." Hayi wasn't going to let this go.

"Alright alright.. I'll see what I can do." I just agreed so it would make her calm down.

"Thank you Namjoon!" Hayi smiled slightly. "Her name is Lee Naye."

 

 

Flashback end

 

 

[Friday, 16th of March]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

This was the day I had not expected at all. The clock was soon 8 am which meant that the class was about to start. I gazed around the room where the chairs had organized like a semicircle around the teacher's desk and the proper professional microphone stand. I gulped hardly and looked to my right where Alyssa was bouncing her head with an inaudible beat. She was obviously enjoying this.

 

 

"Good morning class!" Sudden loud voice coming from the door behind me, startled me near death. I didn't turn since I heard her high heel steps walking towards the teacher's desk. When she got there, she turned around to face us. "My name is Jo Yongjin and I'm the teacher of Theoretical and Practical Musicianship. I'll be your singing mentor for these next four years as well. You can call me Ali teacher since I'm more familiar with that name."

"She's a beauty." I noted to Alyssa who was gazing her in disapproval.

"And probably a total pain in the ." She whispered to back at me.

"I'm thinking so too.." I mumbled back to her.

"Okay so now that everyone knows my name, I'd like to know yours. Let's start from here.." Ali teacher pointed the furthemost chair from us. I know I'm not getting off easy this time, am I?

 

 

When the whole first half of the class was over and it was time for lunch, I was relieved since we didn't need to sing in front of her today yet. She told us that next week we'd have this start-up test where she'd give us the beat but no help with the notes. That way she could see our personal level so she could do the year's studying plan for each student individually. I was pretty flabbergasted since she really knew what she was doing but on the other hand.. My situation just got way much worse.

After waiting all the students to get out of the room, I walked to Ali teacher who was sitting at her desk browsing some papers through. Okay here we go. I swallowed harldly and linked my fingers together in front of me.

 

 

"Excuse me?" I started and waited for her to lift her gaze up to me.

"Oh.. What?" She sounded annoyed but hide it with a smile.

"I'm just.. I just wanted to let you know that I.. I really can't sing." I mumbled and noticed her standing up.

"I know you can sing, otherwise you wouldn't be in my class right now." Ali just noted and crossed her arms.

"Ah.. I know I can sing but it's just that I really can't.. You know?" I tried and felt my hands getting sweaty.

"No I really don't know but you probably know that if you can't sing in front of people you can't be successful in this field." She sounded to be despising me right now.

"It's not that.." I still tried weakly but she suddenly cut me out.

"If you're not afraid then show it to me right now." Ali told sternly and I felt something getting stuck on my throat.

"N-now?" I managed to mumble as my breathing become more irregular.

"Right now. Sing to me - anything." She clenched her jaw but I knew I couldn't do it. Even if she was ordering me to.

"I-I'm sorry--" I squeaked so quietly it was even hard for me to hear then suddenly..

 

 

"Ali noona.. Cut her some slack."

 

 

---